Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence vs Cordia
bmf_41722 Wrote:Cordia will never go anywhere!!! They don't play team ball way too selfish. No team effort and no basketball IQ other than a select few? They definitely have issues they need to work out!

I think they have IQ just not trusted to use it. Only 1 kid can play through mistakes and others are tying not to make them to say in the game. This team probably has the most talented group of guards in the state...... 4 seniors very athletic, great scorers with two underclassmen who are great back ups....... And really 5 seniors because Lucen is really a SF. They play so slow and in my opinion and don't move the ball enough to break down the defense thus 3 pointers or CC running into a group of defenders..... Hay in Ky he gets the foul call in MS they would not reward that play with a foul.....BUT IF IT WORKS..... Basketball is a possession game and if we work the kinks and let the kids play I feel they would be ok otherwise we need rebounders quick!!!!!!!! And for the record I feel any of the guard can make decisions with the ball just aren't giving the opportunity yet.

These kids should also be required to meet training and shooting schedules... all of them should be 85% or better shooter and 90% or better at free throw line but I have always taught mine that what you give the game it give you back........ There are no excuses for all of those players not being at the highest level in basketball fundamentals and skills...... Again it means nothing just my view of thing.......
the crossover Wrote:I think they have IQ just not trusted to use it. Only 1 kid can play through mistakes and others are tying not to make them to say in the game. This team probably has the most talented group of guards in the state...... 4 seniors very athletic, great scorers with two underclassmen who are great back ups....... And really 5 seniors because Lucen is really a SF. They play so slow and in my opinion and don't move the ball enough to break down the defense thus 3 pointers or CC running into a group of defenders..... Hay in Ky he gets the foul call in MS they would not reward that play with a foul.....BUT IF IT WORKS..... Basketball is a possession game and if we work the kinks and let the kids play I feel they would be ok otherwise we need rebounders quick!!!!!!!! And for the record I feel any of the guard can make decisions with the ball just aren't giving the opportunity yet.

These kids should also be required to meet training and shooting schedules... all of them should be 85% or better shooter and 90% or better at free throw line but I have always taught mine that what you give the game it give you back........ There are no excuses for all of those players not being at the highest level in basketball fundamentals and skills...... Again it means nothing just my view of thing.......

There has been a few 90% free throw shooters since the invention of basketball, but I can guarantee you there has never been anyone shoot 85% or better from the floor for a season.
the crossover Wrote:I think they have IQ just not trusted to use it. Only 1 kid can play through mistakes and others are tying not to make them to say in the game. This team probably has the most talented group of guards in the state...... 4 seniors very athletic, great scorers with two underclassmen who are great back ups....... And really 5 seniors because Lucen is really a SF. They play so slow and in my opinion and don't move the ball enough to break down the defense thus 3 pointers or CC running into a group of defenders..... Hay in Ky he gets the foul call in MS they would not reward that play with a foul.....BUT IF IT WORKS..... Basketball is a possession game and if we work the kinks and let the kids play I feel they would be ok otherwise we need rebounders quick!!!!!!!! And for the record I feel any of the guard can make decisions with the ball just aren't giving the opportunity yet.

Have you every coach a team that could shoot that good :graduate::graduate::graduate:
I will throw my 2 cents in on this, lol.

1.) its really hard to get kids from all over the world to come in on one team and gel together quickly.
2.) a few of the kids look to be out for themselves instead of what's in the best interest of the team. Not hating but that's just what it looks like to me.
3.) Cordia has a ok post player w/ the 8th grader but they never seem to use him. When they do they are a better team.
4.) Cunningham HAS to be the playmaker on this Cordia team. He is the only one capable of making plays for his teammates. He is a very good PG that has a high BBall IQ can will make everyone around him better. I would put the ball in his hands and live and die w/ him.
5.) Rhodes better get this team back on the right track because they are going in the opposite direction. That's what a good leader does! That's what Rey pay you for!
ballstar Wrote:I will throw my 2 cents in on this, lol.

1.) its really hard to get kids from all over the world to come in on one team and gel together quickly.
2.) a few of the kids look to be out for themselves instead of what's in the best interest of the team. Not hating but that's just what it looks like to me.
3.) Cordia has a ok post player w/ the 8th grader but they never seem to use him. When they do they are a better team.
4.) Cunningham HAS to be the playmaker on this Cordia team. He is the only one capable of making plays for his teammates. He is a very good PG that has a high BBall IQ can will make everyone around him better. I would put the ball in his hands and live and die w/ him.
5.) Rhodes better get this team back on the right track because they are going in the opposite direction. That's what a good leader does! That's what Rey pay you for!

Yes it seems everyone sees it! Maybe coaches will too?
lol no but would love to. Just saying there is nothing to do. OK 30% - 40% from the and really 80% or better at the ft. These kids have nothing but time and should be consistently working on their individual games. just saying my opinion.

64SUR Wrote:Have you every coach a team that could shoot that good :graduate::graduate::graduate:

Coaches at the college level do it yearly...... Practice, team building activities, and basketball chemistry ..... I'm not sure who looks to be out for them selves??

He is the ONLY constant in every game everyone else is in and out making it hard to get a rhythm. I wish I could see stats..... what are the scoring % turnovers and assist? CC get to the basket well extremely well. As a point guard learn your players strengths and try to hit them in position to score. Oumhar is good with drop off and put backs he is still developing his post game. (How much individual training is he getting) He will be a beast in the post but don't take him to fast.

My son played as a PG for a private school in the 9th grade..... He was told to go in and get his scoring up by an outside coach.... I told him that a good PG makes his team better the coach told us that they probably wouldn't win 50% of their schedule...... He learned what the players was good at and that year a team who had been losing won the state title. He was not the leading score and average about 10pts a game and maybe 6 assist but he put players in position to score. He was the Offensive player of the Year MVP...... TEAM.........You have to utilize the players one or two player can win a few game but not the big games.....THUS.....

It's very hard to have kids gel with one another if they can never get into a rhythm! Every time there is an opportunity to sub Rhode does. Which I am very shocked that he does this. Again these are teenagers not the pros, you have to give them a little time on the floor together to get in sync with each other. He plays CC all the time cause that's who he has trusted really so far which is not good. CC is a good player but he is not the starting guard for Duke! This is not a slight to him but it is the truth for most of the team. They are all growing into becoming good players. I think some of that energy was lost when Malik left. Even though he was not on the floor with them his presence was there! As a coach you must allow your kids to embrace that loss and your messages to them must be positive to keep them going. Yes, if he doesn't do that besides all the crazy subbing he does, than they will be going in the other direction.
I have to agree with all the Cordia faithful here. The thing that is shocking to me is that all these Rhodes fans have started to sound like they don't believe he is the coach that can get them to where they are wanting to go. 2 yrs ago he was the best thing that ever happened to the program now y'all are saying he needs to change his coaching style to win games. I will say that if Rod ain't at Cordia these Threads on here would have no comments because Cordia would be irrelevant. I'm not hating but Rod does a great job recruiting players, the question now is can he coach them and keep them all happy.
MissB Wrote:It's very hard to have kids gel with one another if they can never get into a rhythm! Every time there is an opportunity to sub Rhode does. Which I am very shocked that he does this. Again these are teenagers not the pros, you have to give them a little time on the floor together to get in sync with each other. He plays CC all the time cause that's who he has trusted really so far which is not good. CC is a good player but he is not the starting guard for Duke! This is not a slight to him but it is the truth for most of the team. They are all growing into becoming good players. I think some of that energy was lost when Malik left. Even though he was not on the floor with them his presence was there! As a coach you must allow your kids to embrace that loss and your messages to them must be positive to keep them going. Yes, if he doesn't do that besides all the crazy subbing he does, than they will be going in the other direction.

It's shocks me that the Cordia ppl can say anything negative about CC after all the talk before season started. All we heard is that he is the best PG in the state and that they ain't nobody can guard him. I said this b4 season began and I will say it again. Most of the Cordia ppl that post on here never go out and see the true best players in the state. When you make statements like that about a kid all you so is set him up for failure. I love CC's game and I truly think he is one of the best Senior PG's in the state. He is smart, great ballhandler and great at getting to the rim. He isn't a great shooter but he shoots it ok which is plenty good enough to be a dominate player in the 14th region. Say what you want about this Cordia team, they have plenty enough good players to win this region. Cordia should have no excuses if they don't win it. Bottom line is they have the horses, the question is do they have the Jockey.
ballstar Wrote:It's shocks me that the Cordia ppl can say anything negative about CC after all the talk before season started. All we heard is that he is the best PG in the state and that they ain't nobody can guard him. I said this b4 season began and I will say it again. Most of the Cordia ppl that post on here never go out and see the true best players in the state. When you make statements like that about a kid all you so is set him up for failure. I love CC's game and I truly think he is one of the best Senior PG's in the state. He is smart, great ballhandler and great at getting to the rim. He isn't a great shooter but he shoots it ok which is plenty good enough to be a dominate player in the 14th region. Say what you want about this Cordia team, they have plenty enough good players to win this region. Cordia should have no excuses if they don't win it. Bottom line is they have the horses, the question is do they have the Jockey.
As a Cordia fan you have to show support for the home team but statements have been made where even us Cordia ppl must call a "spade a spade". Your statement about us "setting CC up for failure" is so true. I have not shared that on this blog previously but it has been made my stance.
ballstar Wrote:I have to agree with all the Cordia faithful here. The thing that is shocking to me is that all these Rhodes fans have started to sound like they don't believe he is the coach that can get them to where they are wanting to go. 2 yrs ago he was the best thing that ever happened to the program now y'all are saying he needs to change his coaching style to win games. I will say that if Rod ain't at Cordia these Threads on here would have no comments because Cordia would be irrelevant. I'm not hating but Rod does a great job recruiting players, the question now is can he coach them and keep them all happy.

I am just saying you have to coach based on what/who you have.....At this point he has a guard based team and coaching has to be based on that.... However I do feel that CC is being set up for failure.... He is a great player however he or no one else is prefect.... He has been giving the lead without correction...... that's the problem, I have seen him make bad decision, choose a hard pass to avoid the easy play, and drive in the middle of a zone with out correction. If CC is going to be and stay the player he is his game must be coached and corrected. I watch them lose and play games closer than need because of this just saying basketball is a team sport and all the player should feel free to play they should trust each other.....
I agree w/ the both of you. Good players know when/who to pass the ball to and where they need to catch it. I truly think every Highschool player needs to be coached. Trust me when I say they don't know the game better than the coach in MOST cases. I think it's the coaches job to put kids in the correct position to be successful and I'm not sure that's happening at this point. I'm not throwing Rod under the bus but w/ a team full of guards that are quick and athletic as they are I def wouldn't walk the ball up the court!