Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#18 North Carolina 82 - #11 Kentucky 77
Jarons Wrote:UK made more free throws than UNC

This has ZERO to do with what UNC did! Fact is, UK does NOT make free-throws in games that count! That is a fact! Bottomline, if the opposition shoots no better than the Cats, and the Cats shoot less than 50% and LOSE because if it, then Free Throws for the opposition is NOT UK's problem!!! This is a historical fact with UK, Memphis and UMass! Those teams all lost championship caliber games (or won them) at the free throw line! Shooting 50% at the line will lose you a final four game in 1996 if you are UMass, lose you the NCAA Championship when Memphis fell apart on the line against Kansas, all the way up to this season!

So, how does it get fixed! The blame goes directly to the players who do not make these freethrows, NOT the coaches! BUTTTTTTT, when you history is losing games at the freethrow line, then what do coaches do to fix it? Fair question - right???? This has nothing to do with what someone thinks of coach Cal, this is a problem that has haunted his teams, what does he do to correct that haunting - EXORCISM??????
sstack Wrote:Who is to blame for screwing up at end of first half? Instead of taking last shot, you take an early shot and it winds up costing one of your players picking up a 3rd foul before half. Should cal have called a TO and set up a play for young players?

I'm yelling at the TV after WCS made the jumper - CALL TIMEOUTand get him OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm positive that even the ardent Cal fans were yelling the same if they will admit it!!!
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Youth...that's all it is.

This team is going to make it's run towards the end of the season I feel...similiar to the 2010-11 team.

People in NO WAY cam make any kind of comparison to this teams start versus the 2010-11 team - NONE!!!! I've been hearing this a lot about how this team needs to figure it out and make the adjustments just like that team! Were people on drugs during that timeframe???? This team has done nothing comparable to that team over he first 10 games of the season! That team was so much better than anyone that they played, it was rediculous! The fact is, this team still has NO LEADERSHIP. If this team played that team in the first 10 games of the season, the 10/11 team would win them all!
Stardust Wrote:This has ZERO to do with what UNC did! Fact is, UK does NOT make free-throws in games that count! That is a fact! Bottomline, if the opposition shoots no better than the Cats, and the Cats shoot less than 50% and LOSE because if it, then Free Throws for the opposition is NOT UK's problem!!! This is a historical fact with UK, Memphis and UMass! Those teams all lost championship caliber games (or won them) at the free throw line! Shooting 50% at the line will lose you a final four game in 1996 if you are UMass, lose you the NCAA Championship when Memphis fell apart on the line against Kansas, all the way up to this season!

So, how does it get fixed! The blame goes directly to the players who do not make these freethrows, NOT the coaches! BUTTTTTTT, when you history is losing games at the freethrow line, then what do coaches do to fix it? Fair question - right???? This has nothing to do with what someone thinks of coach Cal, this is a problem that has haunted his teams, what does he do to correct that haunting - EXORCISM??????
I admit I did not get to see the game, so I am basing my opinion on the box score. UK shot 67% from the line and UNC shot only 57%. Based on the box score free throw excuse for yesterdays loss is bogus. The big problem for UK yesterday was the 17 turnovers they committed.
However the comment about Coach Cal and poor free throw shooting following him I agree with you 100%.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Who is Coach O?
Tom Izzo would be a great hire. I wanted him to replace Billy G. and Tubby.

UK's assistant coach. Love izzo but not sure I like his style.

Mix1...
I've brought up Cals past with free throws numerous times before, only to get blasted. He says free throw shooting is not a priority. Bullshit. Tell that to umass teams, a championship at Memphis that was lost due to missed free throws. Games now lost at UK due to missed free throws. Cal looks at it as the players should take care of free throws themselves. True. But if their not fixing it, we're paying you 6 million year, now becomes your problem. Every championship team has one thing in common. Averaging over 70/71% from the stripe. And jarons,, UK may have shot 67 but it was how the team as whole did over the course. Make 5-6 in a row,, then miss 5-6 in a row. No consistency. Having 16 players on the bench is useless if all you'll use is 7-8 and those 7-8 keep making mistakes yet you won't bench them for players, less talented, but would love to play. And it would make a point to the starters,, either straighten up or sit.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:What poll did you see Gut? Every major poll I saw had UK preseason 1. Only one person I saw, and was his personal pick, had Louisville 1. Preseason polls always are a joke though.

Mix1...

Sarcasm bait.
He didn't bite though.