Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #18 North Carolina 82 - #11 Kentucky 77
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UNC without their best player and top guy off the bench win their 23rd game out of 36 all-time against the Cats.
1. Refs were horrible...Calling little touch fouls on Kentucky and letting Carolina get away with pushing and shoving Kentucky players to the floor, 3 times.

2. Kentucky is horrible at free throw shooting....Cal needs to have practice just for shooting free throws...I've seen high schools that shoot better free throws

3. I'm seriously believing it's time for Cal to go. I'm tired just like a lot of other people with these stupid one and done players. Kentucky needs to be a school first program instead of a player first program...
^ I like the post SK. I will say that Cal's Technical got him the first 8 fouls of the 2nd half. The touch fouls were equaled out in the 2nd half. It was UNC with two guys with 4 fouls sitting on the bench in the first three minutes of the 2nd half.

You are right, and I've been saying that all along that if UK does not shoot better than 75% from the line, they cannot compete with UNC or TheVille! The Cats were deplorable in the first half at the line. They shot 10-12 from in that stretch to start the 2nd half, then it was back to the sub 50% shooting the rest of the game.

Cal has a group this year that should not be one and done's.....
I think this may be the worst year of college basketball teams ive ever seen.

Its not parity either making it look that way.

There is not one single team in the country that looks "good".

A mid major is likely going to win the whole thing this year.
Just a sad thing to watch. Maybe the most overhyped team of all time.
If Cal left,the scary part is who we got making the next hire.
^ If Cal were to leave

Sean Miller - Arizona
Mark Few - Gonzaga
Bo Ryan - Wisconsin
Thad Matta - Ohio State

I'd be all for any of those guys.
They will eventually get it together but it's ugly to watch right now.
NC has just as bad or worse in there FT,if it wasn't for that they win by double digits...
Strikeout King Wrote:^ If Cal were to leave

Sean Miller - Arizona
Mark Few - Gonzaga
Bo Ryan - Wisconsin
Thad Matta - Ohio State

I would rather go to the dentist and let them use a hammer and chisel than watch a Wisconsin game.
Strikeout King Wrote:1. Refs were horrible...Calling little touch fouls on Kentucky and letting Carolina get away with pushing and shoving Kentucky players to the floor, 3 times.

2. Kentucky is horrible at free throw shooting....Cal needs to have practice just for shooting free throws...I've seen high schools that shoot better free throws

3. I'm seriously believing it's time for Cal to go. I'm tired just like a lot of other people with these stupid one and done players. Kentucky needs to be a school first program instead of a player first program...

:hilarious:

Excuses, excuses, excuses. So much for the greatest team since the 96 Bulls.

Sean Miller - Arizona
Mark Few - Gonzaga
Bo Ryan - Wisconsin
Thad Matta - Ohio State

Maybe.
No.
No.
Definitely No.

Coach O or Brad Steven's from a short list without actually putting my drink down to decide. But mostly no on your choices.

Mix1...
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::hilarious:

Excuses, excuses, excuses. So much for the greatest team since the 96 Bulls.

Where is WVU been Ernie? No one ever talks about Huggy or WVU anymore. They fall off the face of the earth or just can't get anything together to win a ball game?
This was a hard game to watch. We should not even be ranked.
Mix1 Wrote:Maybe.
No.
No.
Definitely No.

Coach O or Brad Steven's from a short list without actually putting my drink down to decide. But mostly no on your choices.

Mix1...

Good choices. I'd have Brad Stevens out of all of them.
This team needs to loose games.... "Being torn down to be built back up."
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This team needs to loose games.... "Being torn down to be built back up."

Look what happened when we tore last year team down. I'm starting to appreciate the Kidd Gilcrist and Anthony Davis team a lot more, there is not many teams that young that can come together and play as a team.
Strikeout King Wrote:Where is WVU been Ernie? No one ever talks about Huggy or WVU anymore. They fall off the face of the earth or just can't get anything together to win a ball game?

WVU was not preseason #1. UK was.....
Come on UK fans don't be so quick to give up on this team! Heck the 2010-2011 UK team lost to UConn and UNC in December and lost the SEC opener to a UGA. They lost 6 SEC games that season too but got there act together and made the Final Four. This game was good for this team! Randle needs to learn to stop crying after each call that doesn't go his way and just keep playing. Randle is also killing this team with his turnovers! Turnovers and poor shooting at the foul line are killing this team! IMO WCS is a great defender a important part of this team but he hurts this team on the offensive end! The opponents game plan is to allow WCS to catch it in the post, double Randle and foul WCS or force him to throw it away! WCS also lacks the instincts to be a great offensive rebounder! In 2010-2011 Josh Harrellson was skilled enough to force teams to play honest! IMO Johnson needs to play more at key times! I don't understand this dribble drive crap sometimes! When a 6' guy is guarding your 6' 6'' guard run him down the lane to the post and get your 6' 6" guard the ball and keep running it until they stop it! The problem with this team is that they don't do the small things very well! They don't screen the ball very well, they don't pass the ball very well, they either drive it to the basket or shoot a three, THEY HAVE NO MID RANGE GAME!
like was said at half,everyone talked before the season on the depth of this team,wheres it at,not getting a lot of points from there bench,they still have long ways to go and I think they will get there at the start of the season it was just Randle and Young, now the twins are playing better and Big Willie is a shot blocking machine,make more free throws and get a couple more guys improving and I will like there chances in March..
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:WVU was not preseason #1. UK was.....

We're still ranked.....Where is WVU in the rankings?
UK was not preseason number one.

West Virginias make for horrible trolls.
Misstating facts makes your troll comment irrelevant.
Who is to blame for screwing up at end of first half? Instead of taking last shot, you take an early shot and it winds up costing one of your players picking up a 3rd foul before half. Should cal have called a TO and set up a play for young players?
Youth...that's all it is.

This team is going to make it's run towards the end of the season I feel...similiar to the 2010-11 team.

Sean Miller - Arizona
Mark Few - Gonzaga
Bo Ryan - Wisconsin
Thad Matta - Ohio State

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:UK was not preseason number one.

West Virginias make for horrible trolls.
Misstating facts makes your troll comment irrelevant.

What poll did you see Gut? Every major poll I saw had UK preseason 1. Only one person I saw, and was his personal pick, had Louisville 1. Preseason polls always are a joke though.

Mix1...
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Youth...that's all it is.

This team is going to make it's run towards the end of the season I feel...similiar to the 2010-11 team.

I thought that way but I am beginning to wonder! Just do not see a whole lot of improving, poor shooters,look lazy a lot of times, no go to guy, Randell pouts all the time, just see a lot of problems.
Strikeout King Wrote:1. Refs were horrible...Calling little touch fouls on Kentucky and letting Carolina get away with pushing and shoving Kentucky players to the floor, 3 times.

UK made more free throws than UNC
Mix1 Wrote:Maybe.
No.
No.
Definitely No.

Mix1...
Who is Coach O?
Tom Izzo would be a great hire. I wanted him to replace Billy G. and Tubby.
sstack Wrote:I thought that way but I am beginning to wonder! Just do not see a whole lot of improving, poor shooters,look lazy a lot of times, no go to guy, Randell pouts all the time, just see a lot of problems.

Too soon for me to give up on these "kids." However, if we continue to see what sstack described here in the end of January, this team will be in trouble!

We're about to find out how good Coach Cal is in the next 4-6 weeks. As well as, how "coachable" the youngsters are. I've always valued the importance of loyalty, dedication, hard work, and discipline. It's hard to find those qualities in 17-19 year olds you only have a year to coach Confusednicker:. These qualities are learned over time, say 2-5 years based on their upbringing.

If these one and done players haven't been taught to value what's important to WIN as a TEAM prior to college. They are not going to learn that in one year under Calipari. So check your expectations folks, we reap what we sow.
They are playing scared in my opinion.
At least the loses have been to ranked opponents.
Mix1 Wrote:What poll did you see Gut? Every major poll I saw had UK preseason 1. Only one person I saw, and was his personal pick, had Louisville 1. Preseason polls always are a joke though.

Mix1...

Gut likes to "mis-remember" things as it fits his argument......:biggrin:

Maybe he was thinking of the Chinese Taipei rankings that might not have had UK pre-season #1.....

ESPN: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...d/9839560/

AP: http://www.nationofblue.com/uk-ranked-no...on-top-25/

Fox: http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketba...r-2-103113

CBS: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...eason-poll
Pages: 1 2