Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 2014
Good news indeed!! I was afraid he was going to declare early.
Glad to hear Castle is coming back for Somerset. I think this says alot about this young man! I hope his loyalty pays off for him and the Briar Jumpers!
What about Doan? Just curious, I've heard he's going to Pulaski, South Western, Wayne, or some Lexington school. Why would he leave Somerset?:hilarious:
According to his dad, he is leaving. Who knows where he is going? I really wish he would stay. The Jumpers REALLY NEED HIM! Jordan could be our main featured running back for three years and pile up the stats.
This one's leaving....that one's leaving...we've got a BIG transfer coming in....

I just don't get it. What happened to school loyalty and playing for the team who's district you live in, come what may. Some season's are great and some aren't. Some years, you're loaded with talent, they graduate, and you spend a couple years rebuilding. So what? During those rebuilding years, you find out what you're made of, and you grow into young men a little quicker.

As parents, it's time we grow up and let our kids face a little adversity. God knows they're going to face it sooner or later. Might make them better people if they learn to deal with issues instead of running from them. It might be good to teach them to stick with something and see it through. We've become a society of quitters and our kids are going to suffer the consequences. The world is a harder place than it was 25 years ago and we're sending kids out into it who aren't capable of standing up for themselves.

Just my opinion. I'm sure you'll all let me know what it's worth...
[quote=Bean Counter]This one's leaving....that one's leaving...we've got a BIG transfer coming in....

I just don't get it. What happened to school loyalty and playing for the team who's district you live in, come what may. Some season's are great and some aren't. Some years, you're loaded with talent, they graduate, and you spend a couple years rebuilding. So what? During those rebuilding years, you find out what you're made of, and you grow into young men a little quicker.

As parents, it's time we grow up and let our kids face a little adversity. God knows they're going to face it sooner or later. Might make them better people if they learn to deal with issues instead of running from them. It might be good to teach them to stick with something and see it through. We've become a society of quitters and our kids are going to suffer the consequences. The world is a harder place than it was 25 years ago and we're sending kids out into it who aren't capable of standing up for themselves.

Just my opinion. I'm sure you'll all let me know what it's

You nailed it bean man!
Bean Counter Wrote:This one's leaving....that one's leaving...we've got a BIG transfer coming in....

I think your opinion on this matter is spot on. Good post.

I personally give my kids a lot of, what I call, tough love. Breaks my heart sometimes, but in the long run I know my kids will benefit from it.
Bean Counter Wrote:This one's leaving....that one's leaving...we've got a BIG transfer coming in....

Great post and I think you are right on the money. However, in these two particular situations I don't think either one is the kids' choice.
Why does it matter?? You have your team for next year! Let it go! I invested a lot of time and effort in this program and you of all people should know RoShamBo. If Jordan is leaving it's not about hard times or losses. I can say much more about the decision to leave but I won't out of respect to certain people.
^Wasn't calling you or your son out BD. Just clarifying that in Jordan and Castle's cases it isn't because of not wanting to face adversity that there was a chance they would both be leaving. The post above was about kids not wanting to face adversity and raising a society of quitters, maybe it wasn't my place to step in and defend them but I wanted people to know they weren't "quitting" on the team. Obviously I would like for you and your son to stay with Somerset but it's not my decision to make and I'll support you guys no matter where you end up. Apologize for the confusion.
I miss understood your post. My apologies.