Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 21 Paintsville 8
I have to admit I am a little suprised with this score. Congrats to P'Burg.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well I didn expect Prestonburg to win,but congrats to both team on the reaming season
Did Pugh get hurt bad???
NYY10 Wrote:Did Pugh get hurt bad???
Nahhhh. But he is really pissed off!!!! He hates losingmore than anyone I know!
Congrats to P-Burg!!
good win, the t-cats come to town next week.
Great job last night P-burg
Nice win for the Cats.
The Blue Blur Wrote:PHSCARD, some points coming your way.

Thanks man:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
The Guru Wrote:Nahhhh. But he is really pissed off!!!! He hates losingmore than anyone I know!

I say I would too if some little man, jumped in my face like I was told someone did to him last night after the game. If that is true, he best be lucky Daniel didn't show him that lethal gold glove one-two. Pop Pop.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I quoted you above because I meant to mention this as well. You must not have watched a whole lot of the game, Bailey was almost silent the whole first half. Paintsville had a freshman starting at LB, at the half Bailey (a former LB was moved from DE to LB. So when they came out to run at the freshman in the second half, they were shooting Bailey and he was there to make the stop in the backfield or the hole. They had exposed the freshman early on and focused on blocking #34 the MLB. The #34 you're referring to isn't really that big, he's I believe 5'10" 215 lbs and from what I'm told runs a 4.8 in the 40 yard dash. Paintsville averages about 6' 250 lbs across the front of the line, so I don't think he's as big as many of Paintsville linemen.
Yeah your right, I watched the end of the 1st half and most of the 2nd half. Wow #34 runs a 4.8 thats impressive.. I guess he looked bigger on TV, I was only refering to his size because I was impressed with him moving as well as he did, But he looked as big as the lineman blocking for him, but I'm sure you would know more about it than me though. I agree with you if Bailey was silent the 1st half then that was a good move for the coaching staff because he did well in the 2nd from what I saw. I think Paintsville will be fine when they start playing a little and should be competitive in the Playoffs.
#34 is a hard-nosed football player. I enjoy watching him and Daniel play. They play every play as hard as they can, and play the game the way its supposed to be played with wreckless abandonment.
One more thing, did anyone see sports ot last night about PBurgs first TD??? It showed the PBurg guy take the ball to about the goal line, was hit the ball popped out and rolled through the endzone. If that is correct then it should've been a touchback and Paintsville's ball on the 20. Did anyone else see this play like that?
PHSCARD Wrote:I say I would too if some little man, jumped in my face like I was told someone did to him last night after the game. If that is true, he best be lucky Daniel didn't show him that lethal gold glove one-two. Pop Pop.
he is very lucky daniel didn't put it on him.
PHSCARD Wrote:#34 is a hard-nosed football player. I enjoy watching him and Daniel play. They play every play as hard as they can, and play the game the way its supposed to be played with wreckless abandonment.
Did you see the hit #34(I'm gonna have to get his name) had on Lincoln Slone in the backfield, that was nasty, alot of power behind that hit.
pugh was only out for one play to get his ankle taped
NYY10 Wrote:Did Pugh get hurt bad???

He was only out for one play ! He came back in on 4th down and stayed in on D for paintsville and even returned the punt in the next few plays ! So if he wants to be mad if i was him i'd be mad at his o-line !
Moe Wrote:Did you see the hit #34(I'm gonna have to get his name) had on Lincoln Slone in the backfield, that was nasty, alot of power behind that hit.

Kyle Sublett, I guess you watched more of the game this morning. He's played like that all year, I think he hit Slone so hard out of frustration though. I don't think any of the older guys were too happy with this game for Paintsville. I didn't see a soul hanging out anywhere, they got off the bus and went directly home from what I could tell. Paintsville has been without starting LB Cody Reynolds for the last couple of weeks, and they just plugged a backer in there in freshman Mason Castle. Mason's a good kid from a good family, and is a decent LB but I can only imagine the butterflies in his stomach last night. Bailey plays the DE well when he has a LB behind him, always string things out. Sublett was boxed in, in the first half and they were knocking Bailey out pitching to Slone running right at Castle. When Bucky moved to LB in the second half, this ceased he was making plays and freeing up Sublett to make plays. Definitely, a good adjustment at the half for the Tigers and trust me I was glad to see it. It just wasn't the Tigers night last night, when a team fumbles three or four times and it bounces right back up to the player you know it just isn't right. I don't think they showed that touchdown that rolled into the back of the endzone and I'm not sure where the player was going down at but I know he never had possession crossing the goal-line. The ball rolled to the back of the endzone but I don't think it ever rolled out of bounds but Pat Butcher from Paintsville picked it up. By that time the ref had both arms in the air and the Blackcats were celebrating. Their defense played solid in Paintsville's backfield all night, I think the receivers for Paintsville ran wrong routes all night making it even harder for Pugh to get room to throw. I just hope they learn from this loss, that's the whole point. Congrats to the Burg on the big win, should give them some momentum. PHSCARD, glad I could help with some points.
blackcat_student Wrote:He was only out for one play ! He came back in on 4th down and stayed in on D for paintsville and even returned the punt in the next few plays ! So if he wants to be mad if i was him i'd be mad at his o-line !

I'm sure he is mad at his o-line, as well as his receivers you could see that last night. I'm sure he's mad at himself, I bet he didnt' sleep much last night to be honest with you and knowing the kid. I don't know what happend last night after game, and I don't care but if someone wanted to pour salt in wounds that's pretty classless.
Paintsville's weakness like last year is the offensive line...but hey they got outplayed and even if that TD didn't count that they showed on Sports Overtime then the score would be 14-8...Paintsville plain out got outplayed again!!!
PHSCARD Wrote:Wanna throw a few of those points my way???
I gotta admit I don't understand the whole points system...what is the reason for donating or keeping the points? I won a bunch off of this game so I will send some your way also.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Kyle Sublett, I guess you watched more of the game this morning. He's played like that all year, I think he hit Slone so hard out of frustration though. I don't think any of the older guys were too happy with this game for Paintsville. I didn't see a soul hanging out anywhere, they got off the bus and went directly home from what I could tell. Paintsville has been without starting LB Cody Reynolds for the last couple of weeks, and they just plugged a backer in there in freshman Mason Castle. Mason's a good kid from a good family, and is a decent LB but I can only imagine the butterflies in his stomach last night. Bailey plays the DE well when he has a LB behind him, always string things out. Sublett was boxed in, in the first half and they were knocking Bailey out pitching to Slone running right at Castle. When Bucky moved to LB in the second half, this ceased he was making plays and freeing up Sublett to make plays. Definitely, a good adjustment at the half for the Tigers and trust me I was glad to see it. It just wasn't the Tigers night last night, when a team fumbles three or four times and it bounces right back up to the player you know it just isn't right. I don't think they showed that touchdown that rolled into the back of the endzone and I'm not sure where the player was going down at but I know he never had possession crossing the goal-line. The ball rolled to the back of the endzone but I don't think it ever rolled out of bounds but Pat Butcher from Paintsville picked it up. By that time the ref had both arms in the air and the Blackcats were celebrating. Their defense played solid in Paintsville's backfield all night, I think the receivers for Paintsville ran wrong routes all night making it even harder for Pugh to get room to throw. I just hope they learn from this loss, that's the whole point. Congrats to the Burg on the big win, should give them some momentum. PHSCARD, glad I could help with some points.

Is Kyle Sublett getting any looks from College Scouts, A kid that strong and Massive with that kind of speed could make a fine player in college, a really good player.
Well, look at this other bone headed play...on 4th and long pburg punts, the ball hits a guy from paintsville in the back, Pburg recovers and hits pay dirt a few plays later. Also, Paintsville didn't roll in coverage when Pburgs QB went out of the pocket, throws across the middle, back side corner doesn't replace the saftety's zone, wide open, tickets. 3 plays killed Paintsville last night.
PHSCARD Wrote:Well, look at this other bone headed play...on 4th and long pburg punts, the ball hits a guy from paintsville in the back, Pburg recovers and hits pay dirt a few plays later. Also, Paintsville didn't roll in coverage when Pburgs QB went out of the pocket, throws across the middle, back side corner doesn't replace the saftety's zone, wide open, tickets. 3 plays killed Paintsville last night.

Yeah I had forgotten about the punt, that hurt to and there was nothing could be done about it. I think they were playing man on that touchdown pass, it looked as if Daniel may have tried to jump the route instead of playing over the top and just missed it. Either way he was definitely out of position, Paintsville lost starting CB, Brian Walker early in the game. It forced the Rover Shane Cantrell out to corner and it hurt on run support. Paintsville was just out played, hopefully the guys can pull together and regroup. It'll be hard to rebound after a loss like that.
Any loss is tough to rebound after, especially if its to a team that is somewhat a rival. Hopefully they'll come back next week with blood in one eye and shit in the other, get mean about getting beat and take it out on who ever they play.
Listening on the radio I couldnt tell a whole lot about how the teams were playing or even who had the ball half the time. It didnt sound like eather team was playing like world beaters. Pugh sounded like he had a pretty good game, but running for his life alot, and the same for Hughes.
PHSCARD Wrote:Any loss is tough to rebound after, especially if its to a team that is somewhat a rival.

Somewhat of a rival? These two are BIG rivals. If you have two games you must win for the Tigers it's JC and P'burg, and for the Blackcats it's Belfry and Paintsville.
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Somewhat of a rival? These two are BIG rivals. If you have two games you must win for the Tigers it's JC and P'burg, and for the Blackcats it's Belfry and Paintsville.

Reason I said somewhat of a Rival, is because it hasn't became an annual game. The first time PHS play Pburg in forever was my junior year when they opened up their new field. Until that time we scrimmaged and stuff yearly but it never really counted.
They may not have been allowed to play each other because of the KHSAA. They had played every year till some problems years and years ago.
Ya I remember that. They are huge rivals