Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 21 Paintsville 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
PBurg up 14-0 at the half. Paintsville scored early in the 3rd, just couldn't get anything going tonight. Had many mental mistakes that PBurg took advantage of. Daniel went down again with another ankle injury, he just didn't have any time on offense. Good job Pburg, regroup and get back at it next week Tigers.
Didn't expect this from either side.

Who came in for Daniel?
Humphrey did is what my brother told me, I didn't get to go to the game because I'm down in Louisville. Humphrey was also on a receiving end of a Daniel Pugh TD pass.
Over 12,000 points lost on this game by BGR members. I guess you just can't pick them all! I was shocked by this game myself! Great job Blackcats.
Good win for the BlackCats!
BelfryJustice Wrote:Over 12,000 points lost on this game by BGR members. I guess you just can't pick them all! I was shocked by this game myself! Great job Blackcats.

Ain't that the truth...I'm broke now...if anyone would like to donate points to PHSCARD, please feel free to do so...lol
Pburg got in scoring position on a botched punt, and then they also burned the secondary for their final score. 2 plays is what took the Tigers out of this one. Thats why they say, you have to play every second in the 48 minute game.
What happened to Pugh how bad is his injury
Good job, Blackcats
How has Humphrey been doing?
I was told he rolled that ankle again, also heard PBurg put lots of pressure on him and just about lived in the backfield all night.
man i lost 50 points
it looks like JTA did not have the tigers ready tonight
im very disapointed
keep your heads up tigers and congrats p-burg
I had 1000 on Pburg I believe...way to go Blackcats!!
CatDawg Wrote:How has Humphrey been doing?

Unfortunately I haven't seen the Tigers play this year. But I believe Cory has 5 TD's on the season.
PHSFAN Wrote:I had 1000 on Pburg I believe...way to go Blackcats!!

Wanna throw a few of those points my way???
Thanks

I hope it works out for him.
Pugh was only out for one play
PHSFAN Wrote:I had 1000 on Pburg I believe...way to go Blackcats!!

Not bad with 5 to 1 odds! I bet that P-Burg doesn't have that good of odds in the near future with the big win tonight!
Congrats Blackcats on your win. I just had a feeling You'd win this one
BelfryJustice Wrote:Not bad with 5 to 1 odds! I bet that P-Burg doesn't have that good of odds in the near future with the big win tonight!

Good hit at 5-1 odds...hopefully I can carry the luck over into this weekend and hit a parlay or two on college and/or NFL games.
congrats black cats
Prestonsburg owned the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball ! Pugh was sacked about 4 times and threw 1 interception ! Bobby Hughes went about 4-5 for 2 td's and Lincon Slone had over 100yds rushing, and Seth Moore had 9 of the Pburg 21 points tonight with a td and two extra points ! Matt Blevins and Seth Setser had a whole lot of tackles ! Paintsville should not have scored tonight pburg made one mistake and it was on there own 20 yd line and Pville capitalized on it ! So congrats Pburg you looked great tonight !
Way To Go Cats!
Congrats to Prestonsburg
blackcat_student Wrote:Prestonsburg owned the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball ! Pugh was sacked about 4 times and threw 1 interception ! Bobby Hughes went about 4-5 for 2 td's and Lincon Slone had over 100yds rushing, and Seth Moore had 9 of the Pburg 21 points tonight with a td and two extra points ! Matt Blevins and Seth Setser had a whole lot of tackles ! Paintsville should not have scored tonight pburg made one mistake and it was on there own 20 yd line and Pville capitalized on it ! So congrats Pburg you looked great tonight !
I wouldn't say the cats owned the line of scrimmage on either side. Tackles for losses were about even for both squads. slone got much of his yardage on one play, but I was impressed by him. Paintsville blew coverage every time Hughes rolled out. Both of his TD,s came on roll outs on third and 16, and 3rd and 19.
You just caqn't have that kind of letdown on D. Both sides were a little nervous to start but the Burg regrouped nicely and outplayed the Tigers. There were some nice hits tonight though!!
I understand more than one or two players are a little banged up for both teams.
I watched a little bit of the game on TV, Prestonsburg played alot better this game than their last two...I was impressed with #56 Bailey(I think) from Paintsville on Defense but he was the only one playing D...#34 for Paintsville is HUGE he was bigger than most, Probabily all the linemen, I was impressed to see some one that big/heavy move like that(running the ball). But it was a good team effort for Prestonsburg, they gat a descent game from their QB also.
Sounds like another tough battle. Congrats to both teams. A non- district game that always has a lot of pride involved. Time to focus on the district opponents. Good luck to both!
Moe Wrote:I watched a little bit of the game on TV, Prestonsburg played alot better this game than their last two...I was impressed with #56 Bailey(I think) from Paintsville on Defense but he was the only one playing D...#34 for Paintsville is HUGE he was bigger than most, Probabily all the linemen, I was impressed to see some one that big/heavy move like that(running the ball). But it was a good team effort for Prestonsburg, they gat a descent game from their QB also.

The Tigers went in at the half and finally made a wise move by moving Bailey from end to LB rather than having a freshman at LB that the Blackcats exposed early on. Paintsville was whipped tonight, there are weak links in the O-line that can be fixed but it doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon. Play calling tonight wasn't the greatest for Paintsville, and P-burg's d-line was in the backfield all night. I think the coaches for the Tigers need to go back to the drawing board this week and take a serious look at somethings if they want a shot at a district title or even a #2 seed for the playoffs. The Tigers as a team were definitely not prepared, some of the players, played their hind parts off all night. Pugh was only injured for one play, he isn't playing like himself this year. I think he's playing in fear because he's always running for his life. Congrats to the Blackcats on their first victory of the season, definitely well deserved you all played your hind ends off. To the Tigers, keep your head up time to go regroup. PHSCARD, some points coming your way.
Moe Wrote:I watched a little bit of the game on TV, Prestonsburg played alot better this game than their last two...I was impressed with #56 Bailey(I think) from Paintsville on Defense but he was the only one playing D...#34 for Paintsville is HUGE he was bigger than most, Probabily all the linemen, I was impressed to see some one that big/heavy move like that(running the ball). But it was a good team effort for Prestonsburg, they gat a descent game from their QB also.

I quoted you above because I meant to mention this as well. You must not have watched a whole lot of the game, Bailey was almost silent the whole first half. Paintsville had a freshman starting at LB, at the half Bailey (a former LB was moved from DE to LB. So when they came out to run at the freshman in the second half, they were shooting Bailey and he was there to make the stop in the backfield or the hole. They had exposed the freshman early on and focused on blocking #34 the MLB. The #34 you're referring to isn't really that big, he's I believe 5'10" 215 lbs and from what I'm told runs a 4.8 in the 40 yard dash. Paintsville averages about 6' 250 lbs across the front of the line, so I don't think he's as big as many of Paintsville linemen.
Pages: 1 2 3