Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 54 Belfry 28
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Is there always a terrible sewer smell on the visitors side bleachers?
Not always. Across the 4 lane there is a Wastewater lift station. Chemicals are put in it but it doesn't always help.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Is there always a terrible sewer smell on the visitors side bleachers?

Someone must have farted! Cause the only thing behind the visitor bleachers at Belfry is the road...LOL!

But there is a waste station near by...LOL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
skully03 Wrote:Not always. Across the 4 lane there is a Wastewater lift station. Chemicals are put in it but it doesn't always help.

OffTheHook Wrote:Someone must have farted! Cause the only thing behind the visitor bleachers at Belfry is the road...LOL!

I'm serious.... I'm not sure what it was, but when the wind blew the right way...... It was terrible. For real
^Kinda like baseball games at the old Sheldon Clark field...LOL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
WildDawg Wrote:Didn't LC put 50 on Belfry that same year? :biggrin:

no and wont be this yr eitherConfusednicker:
Nice win tonight against a really good Belfry team who will go deep into 3A.

One td away from getting this score right! Wow what a game. Just a few questions for the JC fans. Ive been hearing good things all year. Do they have one go to running back this year or do they have two-three good guys this year? How is the passing game this year from last year? From some video I saw they really looked good throwing the ball. How good is the Def this year from last? How many guys go both ways?

I just watch a really WC team run the ball all over HHS def with starters out or not. WC also playing guys both way. They came to play . It can be done.

Take care of business from here on out. Hope to see you guys in a few short weeks!
JC has some good players, i was proven wrong tonite...i think with a solid, smart game plan that keeps Highlands offense off the field by controlling the clock, they can possibly upset them...i will be pulling for JC in 4A just like i will be pulling for HC in 5A
Very impressed with Johnson Central. They are good on both sides of the ball and have some very tough players.

Belfry will still be one of the favorites in 3A, but that defense needs work. Offense is good. Warren has a very nice arm, just not very accurate and floats a lot of his passes. Johnson and Carr are great backs for Belfry. Seems like those two have been there forever for some reason.

Best of luck to both in the playoffs!

Tug River?
Great win for JC, proud of you guys everyone put it down tonight over a very good Belfry team who I think will win 3a . Very empressed with O and D and special team play. And to Tyler keep booting tha ball son I love the other team not getting a chance to field the ball.
I've got a question for JC fans. Your kicker has a great leg and for sure will be a weapon in close games. My question is. A kid that has his leg and is accurate why after the first field goal was blocked he was hardly ever used? I know Matney was trying to get the points back with the 2 point conv. But go for the sure thing. I was just wondering.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:Tug River?

Haha, gotta be the septic station that sits at the front of Forest Hills cuz the "might Tug" is 1 mile north.
maximus73 Wrote:Great win for JC, proud of you guys everyone put it down tonight over a very good Belfry team who I think will win 3a . Very empressed with O and D and special team play. And to Tyler keep booting tha ball son I love the other team not getting a chance to field the ball.

It was kinda funny to watch the Belfry players just stand and watch the ball sail over their heads.....
Finally!

Someone knocked Belfry down to reality!
IMO the people that saw this game seen two of the best team in KY play!!!
Belfry is the best team in 3a in the state and barring any major injuries shoul be state champs!!
JC is the only team in 4a that can give highlands a run for thier money, if JC plays as good against highlands as they did tonight they will beat them as well. IMO whom ever wins the JC highlands game will be the next 4a state champ.!!
skully03 Wrote:I've got a question for JC fans. Your kicker has a great leg and for sure will be a weapon in close games. My question is. A kid that has his leg and is accurate why after the first field goal was blocked he was hardly ever used? I know Matney was trying to get the points back with the 2 point conv. But go for the sure thing. I was just wondering.

The XP blocks have been a recurring problem in several games. I believe we had no less than three or four extra points blocks in one of our district games. I guess the thinking was, if you're having a shaky blocking night on your kick team and you can get 50% or more on your two point conversions, you probably come out ahead in the long run going for two. I really hope the XP problem gets corrected...soon.
JC had 1 onside kick... Then all but one other kick-off was a touch back.

And the kick-off that wasn't a touch back... Belfry fumbled it out of bounds around the 5 yd line
We got a glimpse of JC's full offensive arsenal tonight....

The O-Line did an excellent job. JC was 3 for 3 on passing tonight.
I don't think Gound was hit behind the line all night..... He was tackled on some qb keepers.

JC's backs showed some major speed and power when they needed to.
JC's WR's/TE's made some nice catches.... almost on Circus Catch Status.

I think this is the first game all season that the starting Offense and Defense played the entire game. There might have been some subs on Belfry's last Off. poss.
Like I said in the prediction thread.....

Playing JC is like fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr.

If your expecting a left hook to the body.... They throw a right cross that lands a knockdown.
JC is the real deal. Dont wanna look over anyone this year but If their has ever been a year this is the year they knock off highlands.
From what ive seen and heard, this may be one of the most solid teams from top to bottom in the state.
I fully expect JC to make a deep run into the playoffs as usual... this Pirates will be pulling for ya... Hopefully it is your year to knockoff the mighty HIGHLANDS and maybe we will have at least 3 Mountain Teams in BG in December... 3A, 4A, 5A,and who knows maybe 1A as well..
Diogenes Wrote:The XP blocks have been a recurring problem in several games. I believe we had no less than three or four extra points blocks in one of our district games. I guess the thinking was, if you're having a shaky blocking night on your kick team and you can get 50% or more on your two point conversions, you probably come out ahead in the long run going for two. I really hope the XP problem gets corrected...soon.

When I saw JC, IMO they need to move the holder back a few yards to put more space between the rush and the kick, also the holder needs to keep his hands up and ready at all times and very the snap count to keep the rush guessing. Pack has a strong leg but he does kick the ball low on PATS.
Diogenes Wrote:The XP blocks have been a recurring problem in several games. I believe we had no less than three or four extra points blocks in one of our district games. I guess the thinking was, if you're having a shaky blocking night on your kick team and you can get 50% or more on your two point conversions, you probably come out ahead in the long run going for two. I really hope the XP problem gets corrected...soon.

I am certainly not an expert on placing kicking techniques but it appears to me that it takes him a long time to kick once the ball is snapped to the holder. Instead of being in his motion and at almost strike distance when the ball is placed, it appears that he pauses until the ball is actually put down and then goes into his approach.....He may be doing it exactly right, IDK, but it just has that appearance to me.
skully03 Wrote:I fully expect JC to make a deep run into the playoffs as usual... this Pirates will be pulling for ya... Hopefully it is your year to knockoff the mighty HIGHLANDS and maybe we will have at least 3 Mountain Teams in BG in December... 3A, 4A, 5A,and who knows maybe 1A as well..

We'll make em play Dueling Banjos on the stadium PA in BG if this happens. Smile
:Geek: Call me a thread troll whatever but gotta ask any 80 yard field goals tonight or what?
running_clock Wrote:Finally!

Someone knocked Belfry down to reality!
Belfry didnt get "knocked down" to anything. They played hard, fought hard, and hit hard to the very end. JC was the better team tonight and congrats to them.
The reality is that Belfry has played a tough schedule and ended 9-1 in regular season and are looking at home field in the playoffs.
Belfry got beat tonight by a team with some of the best athletes defensively I've seen. #5 is FAST (I'm sick of that Gound family and there's another one coming who is, like the others, a fantastic athlete) and #56, #4, and #16 are ball players. Meanwhile, Belfry (without starting fullback Hatfield) racks up 350 yards and that is promising for the pirates.

I really love seeing a team run the wishbone like JC though. It would have taken Doug and Maydo at LB to slow those guys down. Wow. Big, physical, and brought back their entire back field for what I can see except maybe FB from last year.

Side note: I couldn't find a name and grade on the roster for 17? That kid is huge. Good luck to JCHS. Let's bring home some state titles and finally do what both of us have been trying to for a few years.
:yum:
panther nation Wrote:IMO the people that saw this game seen two of the best team in KY play!!!
Belfry is the best team in 3a in the state and barring any major injuries shoul be state champs!!
JC is the only team in 4a that can give highlands a run for thier money, if JC plays as good against highlands as they did tonight they will beat them as well. IMO whom ever wins the JC highlands game will be the next 4a state champ.!!

And that will be Highlands by at least 4 scores
64cat Wrote::yum:

And that will be Highlands by at least 4 scores

Well. If they can beat JC by 4 TDs, then they're the best team in the state. Hopefully we'll all find out Nov 22.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry got beat tonight by a team with some of the best athletes defensively I've seen. #5 is FAST (I'm sick of that Gound family and there's another one coming who is, like the others, a fantastic athlete) and #56, #4, and #16 are ball players. Meanwhile, Belfry (without starting fullback Hatfield) racks up 350 yards and that is promising for the pirates.

I really love seeing a team run the wishbone like JC though. It would have taken Doug and Maydo at LB to slow those guys down. Wow. Big, physical, and brought back their entire back field for what I can see except maybe FB from last year.

Side note: I couldn't find a name and grade on the roster for 17? That kid is huge. Good luck to JCHS. Let's bring home some state titles and finally do what both of us have been trying to for a few years.

17 is Truman Salyer. He is a basketball player who came out this year and has been a huge asset to the football team. He's a good 6'5-6", strong, can block and run well, and has very good hands at TE. And he has a little nasty streak, which is not a bad thing at all. He'll hit you. Hard. Not dirty. But aggressive.