Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 54 Belfry 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nothing but respect to JC. They simply outclassed Belfry's defense and are clearly the best team in EKY.

Belfry's offense will be very difficult for a 3A team to compete with... but they simply ran into a juggernaut.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Nothing but respect to JC. They simply outclassed Belfry's defense and are clearly the best team in EKY.

Belfry's offense will be very difficult for a 3A team to compete with... but they simply ran into a juggernaut.

Very true! Congratulations, Golden Eagles!
JC showed in all aspects of the game who is the King of the Mountains.
Johnson 169
Carr 110 3 TD
350 yards

Young 30 carries, 255 yards, 5 TD
394 rush yards, 434 yards total
Much respect to JC. Congrats on a big win. Good luck in the playoffs, bring home 4A for the Mountains. JC is definitely the real deal.
And for podunker... your time has come

PLAYOFFS ARE HERE
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I really thought JC would win but not by this much. LOOK OUT HIGHLANDS!!! This might be the year. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.
This loss will be a whole lot easier to stomach if this is the year JC knocks Highlands down a notch :-)
Eagles are for real. What a football team. Watch out bluebirds.
Well that settles that! JC is the best team in eastern ky. maybe elsewhere.
Solid performance! much work still needed to bring home the gold. Awesome win and congrats
Congrats to JC. Big time win and much respect to you all. I just wish that our boys will learn how to wrap up when tackling instead of trying for the BIG HIT. Maybe, just maybe if they would have wrapped up a couple of TDs wouldn't have been scored. Not saying it would have changed the outcome though. Good luck to both the rest of the season. Now let's make our deep run into the playoffs.
Exciting game at times and 2 really good football teams.

One question -

Why all the hate for Coach Matney and saying he wasn't keeping it classy in the update thread?
I guess I was correct since week one.

Thanks JC for proving that.
I have been saying all year that JC may well be the best team in the mountains
Little trivia for everyone. This is the first game Belfry has given up 50+ in 13 years. The last time it happened was in 2000 against Ironton, OH
Great defensive adjustment at the half by JC to stop the sweep that was killing us. Probably the biggest key to the game right there.

The last drive was epic, and just what you want to see when you're trying to salt away a ball game and hold onto the lead. Grind that clock down.

Johnson from Belfry is a great running back. Still think Belfry is inside track for 3a champs, but they can't put the ball on the ground like that and win against a Louisville Central-level team. They can rack up yards and have several weapons.

10-0. The playoffs are coming.
JC hit belfry.

Plain and simple...... The whole JC defense needs to carry out the hammer next week.
Thanks 93.1 radio for saying hello to my grandfather.
Put the crown on Johnson Central. King of the Mountains.
The Belfry boys laid some hits too. No shortage of hard licks out there tonight in the crisp air.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Little trivia for everyone. This is the first game Belfry has given up 50+ in 13 years. The last time it happened was in 2000 against Ironton, OH

Didn't LC put 50 on Belfry that same year? :biggrin:
WildDawg Wrote:Didn't LC put 50 on Belfry that same year? :biggrin:

No, actually they didn't. 46-28...
WildDawg Wrote:Didn't LC put 50 on Belfry that same year? :biggrin:

No that was 1999
Congrats to JC. They simply out maned and outclassed Belfry in all aspects of the game. Hats off to ya. Belfry's defense (if that is what you want to call) is weak, to be nice. But JC offense is a machine, excellent running backs and line. Belfry did not stop Central any time, with the exception of last series before half and I believe Central was just content with running clock out. As said earlier, Matney made adjustments to contain Johnson and Belfry did not make any adjustment to make tackles.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Thanks 93.1 radio for saying hello to my grandfather.

You're welcome!!
Grats JC! Nice win!
I missed the stats.... Can somebody post some stats
Is there always a terrible sewer smell on the visitors side bleachers?
Belfry will be ok they will learn from this & ha you never know this could put the fire in them going into playoffs. This JC team was a legit 4A team this year & I want to wish them the best of luck in playoffs but I do think we could have gave them a better game but like I said sometimes you need a wake-up call & they got one tonight lets fix the mistakes & go get that 3A title from central & bring it home:Thumbs:

:truestory:

Go Big Red:devilflam
Pages: 1 2 3