Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote Coach Haywood USAToday Best HS Coach
WideRight05 Wrote:I like the Cavs, couldn't tell you a thing about Hockey though. I root for the closest teams to home in pro sports.

BGR is probably one of the top city attractions in Belfry. So I would say that whether or not Belfry had a good team, there would probably be a lot of fans on here.

You haven't seen apparently that the rules have been much more laid back over the past couple years. But I find it quite interesting that you didn't catch the titles of a couple of these threads and question them immediately. Only when it's an inconvenience to y'all Belfry folk.

Agreed ^^^^
WideRight05 Wrote:I like the Cavs, couldn't tell you a thing about Hockey though. I root for the closest teams to home in pro sports.

BGR is probably one of the top city attractions in Belfry. So I would say that whether or not Belfry had a good team, there would probably be a lot of fans on here.

You haven't seen apparently that the rules have been much more laid back over the past couple years. But I find it quite interesting that you didn't catch the titles of a couple of these threads and question them immediately. Only when it's an inconvenience to y'all Belfry folk.

Hockey is a great game.
But, there's no less to do in Belfry than anywhere else in EKY. If I lived here or in Lexington, high school football would still be one of my favorite things. You'll notice, we thin out big time during basketball season... Lol.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Hockey is a great game.
But, there's no less to do in Belfry than anywhere else in EKY. If I lived here or in Lexington, high school football would still be one of my favorite things. You'll notice, we thin out big time during basketball season... Lol.

I would to especially this Year and the next couple.
voted again!!
28,000 vote lead as of 1:25am for Haywood....
Is this a best in Ky vote or a nation-wide vote? If it is nation-wide I think this vote is a joke. He is a great coach, but there are many more that have a better resume against better competition. No disrespect intended, I just do not see it.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

It's a nation wide vote; however there are only 8 contenders. Coach Haywood won the state vote being the top vote receiver, and that propelled him into the national competition.
Granny Bear Wrote:It's a nation wide vote; however there are only 8 contenders. Coach Haywood won the state vote being the top vote receiver, and that propelled him into the national competition.

Won the Regional Vote as well.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Won the Regional Vote as well.

For some reason I would say that 90% of the votes have been repeat votes from EKY. I can just see a bunch of people re-submitting as much as possible.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:For some reason I would say that 90% of the votes have been repeat votes from EKY. I can just see a bunch of people re-submitting as much as possible.

You would be correct... but I think that is kind of the point USA Today made out of this...

It is a testament to the Belfry fanbase as they have outmuscled some pretty prestigious programs.

I don't think anyone can argue Haywood's merits are worthy of being National Coach of the Year from a resume perspective... but you can most definitely argue he is the most loved and respected coach in the Nation by his community and former players.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You would be correct... but I think that is kind of the point USA Today made out of this...

It is a testament to the Belfry fanbase as they have outmuscled some pretty prestigious programs.

I don't think anyone can argue Haywood's merits are worthy of being National Coach of the Year from a resume perspective... but you can most definitely argue he is the most loved and respected coach in the Nation by his community and former players.

Coach Haywood is somewhat like the movies ( nexts of kin ) I live in laurel county from Leslie county an cheer for Williamsburg an all mountain teams an I have voted for coach Haywood every day.kin folks stays together :1:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You would be correct... but I think that is kind of the point USA Today made out of this...

The Belfry fan base is loyal. Serious question.....Has there ever been a time in which the fan base has been tested? ECT...losing seasons and such?

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The Belfry fan base is loyal. Serious question.....Has there ever been a time in which the fan base has been tested? ECT...losing seasons and such?

No
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The Belfry fan base is loyal. Serious question.....Has there ever been a time in which the fan base has been tested? ECT...losing seasons and such?

The 90's are the closest bet.

Belfry went 4-7 in 1993 and 6-6 in 1994. The entire decade went by without a Regional Title and there were some grumblings from the fanbase..nothing too serious... but a bit of frustration.

Don't think there was ever a time the Belfry fanbase ever fell off... but the mid 90's was probably the closest time for when apathy was present.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:http://www.wowktv.com/story/23782797/bel...y-football

There are some big Belfry fans on here... but Brenda Phillips is on a whole new level.

For those that don't know her she is the widow of the legendary Belfry PA Announcer Steve Phillips and a retired German Teacher from Belfry HS. To say she bleeds Red and White is to put it mildly as she is no doubt the most loyal, vocal, and influential fan in the entire Belfry fanbase.

I personally hope one day she is recognized for her role.. either by an honorary inclusion in the Belfry Hall of Fame or by some type of special ceremony where maybe they give her a gold cow bell.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:There are some big Belfry fans on here... but Brenda Phillips is on a whole new level.

For those that don't know her she is the widow of the legendary Belfry PA Announcer Steve Phillips and a retired German Teacher from Belfry HS. To say she bleeds Red and White is to put it mildly as she is no doubt the most loyal, vocal, and influential fan in the entire Belfry fanbase.

I personally hope one day she is recognized for her role.. either by an honorary inclusion in the Belfry Hall of Fame or by some type of special ceremony where maybe they give her a gold cow bell.

I could'nt agree more EKU. She is one classy lady. I thought I was BIG RED but she is just a little more hardcore than I am. She did teach me well though I must say.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Voted 50 times for Coach Haywood this morning. He has a slight lead and needs your votes.
Haywood has over 352,000 votes.
I am asking all Leslie County,Williamsurg'clay,knox,Bell,Harlan,perry and laurel county to vote for Haywood :thanks:
Lol, so much for being coach of the year. Can't even beat a team as weak as Pike Central
coming down to the wire. Every vote counts and is appreciated!
Just cast 10 more votes. This is close and Coach Haywood needs your vote.
If 64SUR can vote surely the rest of us can.
Just voted 50 more. Cast 50 votes today for Coach Haywood. A car in every garage and a chicken in every pot.
CheerBearInAshland66 Wrote:Lol, so much for being coach of the year. Can't even beat a team as weak as Pike Central

They beat Pike Central....try again..
CheerBearInAshland66 Wrote:Lol, so much for being coach of the year. Can't even beat a team as weak as Pike Central

I'm sure we will see you back under a different name. You probably feel too stupid to post under this name again.Confusednicker:
Haywood = 36.32%, 443,241 votes, so the total now is 1,220,377

Lynott = 31.122%, which is 379,806 votes

for a lead of 63,435, or about a day's worth, so don't slack off!
CheerBearInAshland66 just how stupid do you feel right about now??