Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Vote Coach Haywood USAToday Best HS Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
http://contest.usatodayhss.com/

Vote early, vote often.
coach Haywood is a class act, hope he wins
64sur voting for Haywood alot get on the :phone: get the vote out from williamsburg,north laurel and leslie co.
Hmm ive been pondering about something after seeing these posts. I'm wondering if coach Haywood winsthis thing (looking good for him so far) I feel like he's gonna get some big time players over there.
I mean it may not happen but i feel like it might. i mean who wouldnt want to play for the "best coach in the nation"?

anybodys thought on this?
It looks like the guy from MD might give you all a run.
Nobody else will come close IMO.
It keeps the previous vote tally from other rounds, and as of right now, Haywood has 141,153 votes. The guy from MD has 125,215.

Thats almost a 16,000 vote lead, and im sure the Belfry faithful will keep voting and voting. the next guy just has a little over 71,000.

However, the votes start back over at 0 in each round.

Six days of non stop voting should put Haywood out of reach for good.
Contest ends in 6 days.

After reading, the winning schools athletic dept. gets 2500.
You know i never really thought about that.... Is it a possibility? of course it is....Will it happen? Prob Not, like you already said KCC... Its something to think about though....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It looks like the guy from MD might give you all a run.
Nobody else will come close IMO.
It keeps the previous vote tally from other rounds, and as of right now, Haywood has 141,153 votes. The guy from MD has 125,215.

Thats almost a 16,000 vote lead, and im sure the Belfry faithful will keep voting and voting. the next guy just has a little over 71,000.

However, the votes start back over at 0 in each round.

Six days of non stop voting should put Haywood out of reach for good.
Contest ends in 6 days.

After reading, the winning schools athletic dept. gets 2500.
I know one thing, we have some dedicated voters here in Pond Creek....Its crazy how a lot of them went without sleep due to just voting to keep the lead up....It has consumed a lot of them lol....
^
I guess its something to do in a state where theres nothing to do Confusednicker:
^ Pretty much......due to all the layoffs that people are having to deal with....
Vote for Coach Haywood. I cast 10 votes this morning. It is close so he needs your help.
I cast several yesterday.

Good luck coach. You deserve this honor.
cast several today and will again later too.
You guys are awesome Pond Creek Nation appreciates all of your votes and support.
:howdy: Back at the polls voting for Haywood from 64sur
The title on the link clearly states that we are voting for the "best coach in the nation." Haywood definitely ranks a lot higher among this group than the last. The only two in this group that I would pick over him are Van Leur and Rick Jones. There are one or two that are equal, but I still give Haywood the edge over most of them because of his experience and number of wins. With that being said, there is no way I can vote against Rick Jones given everything he has accomplished. But don't worry, as with last time, Belfry fans, I only voted once.

I expect a punishment from BelfryPride soon for having a different opinion from the Belfry group.
WideRight05 Wrote:The title on the link clearly states that we are voting for the "best coach in the nation." Haywood definitely ranks a lot higher among this group than the last. The only two in this group that I would pick over him are Van Leur and Rick Jones. There are one or two that are equal, but I still give Haywood the edge over most of them because of his experience and number of wins. With that being said, there is no way I can vote against Rick Jones given everything he has accomplished. But don't worry, as with last time, Belfry fans, I only voted once.

I expect a punishment from BelfryPride soon for having a different opinion from the Belfry group.

New strategy, we seem to share some favorite pro teams according to your listings on here... I'll trade you tickets for votes! Lol.

Coaching resume does not reflect what Philip Haywood means to our community, there have been better coaches in each round. But I am hard presses to believe there are any better men. Respect your reasoning though!
Other than our current coach, if there was a opening and he applied I would take him above everyone else. All around great person, coach, person, and class act. He is one of the few coaches who tells you what he is going to do, and your job as defense is to stop them. Like I said, Holcomb being the other one. Good luck from Cougarama and all of Letcher Co.
All I can say BGR nation should all vote and vote often!
Belfry0304 Wrote:New strategy, we seem to share some favorite pro teams according to your listings on here... I'll trade you tickets for votes! Lol.

Coaching resume does not reflect what Philip Haywood means to our community, there have been better coaches in each round. But I am hard presses to believe there are any better men. Respect your reasoning though!

Tickets for votes...now we're talking! Haha.

Despite the fact that I really like Rick Jones, I won't argue on what Coach Haywood means to your community. Given that it seems like every Belfry player and fan would run through a brick wall for him if given the opportunity, I have no doubt that he is a first class, honorable human being. I made the statement in the thread about the young man making the perfect ACT score about hard workers in our society being more few and far between than ever. It is people like Haywood I admire for instilling those hard-working values into our kids that are lacking today. Heck, people whine about working 20 - 40 hours a week anymore. I haven't met Haywood or even come close to being around him, but as much as I rag on his coaching record in the state finals, I certainly won't question what he does for his players as a person or his character. If Haywood was 0-500 in his career but instilled good working values into his players, that would be all that matters.

With that being said, I think we could say the same about any of the great coaches on this list in terms of character. Thus, it comes down to record. So, I'm going with Jones.
WideRight05 Wrote:I expect a punishment from BelfryPride soon for having a different opinion from the Belfry group.

It's not a rule violation, so I'll let you slide this time only :ChairHit: HAHA
BelfyPride you can bet I will be cheering for you guys throughout the rest of the season. When my season is over I will be rooting for all Mountain teams.
cougarpride08 Wrote:BelfyPride you can bet I will be cheering for you guys throughout the rest of the season. When my season is over I will be rooting for all Mountain teams.

Cougarpride08 you're :welcome: in Williamsburg
Notice I said ALL mountain teams. Even Harlan Co...hear that momma bear, don't want to leave you out. Lol!
BelfryPride Wrote:It's not a rule violation, so I'll let you slide this time only :ChairHit: HAHA

Plenty of rules violations you missed in the non-Belfry threads.
WideRight05 Wrote:Tickets for votes...now we're talking! Haha.

Despite the fact that I really like Rick Jones, I won't argue on what Coach Haywood means to your community. Given that it seems like every Belfry player and fan would run through a brick wall for him if given the opportunity, I have no doubt that he is a first class, honorable human being. I made the statement in the thread about the young man making the perfect ACT score about hard workers in our society being more few and far between than ever. It is people like Haywood I admire for instilling those hard-working values into our kids that are lacking today. Heck, people whine about working 20 - 40 hours a week anymore. I haven't met Haywood or even come close to being around him, but as much as I rag on his coaching record in the state finals, I certainly won't question what he does for his players as a person or his character. If Haywood was 0-500 in his career but instilled good working values into his players, that would be all that matters.

With that being said, I think we could say the same about any of the great coaches on this list in terms of character. Thus, it comes down to record. So, I'm going with Jones.

How can you talk crap about winning anything when we're Jackets and Cavs fans? Lol.

How about this... Haywood's program he has built that we're so prideful about is the source of your trolling entertainment. Without Coach Haywood, you'd be bored as hell.
voting
WideRight05 Wrote:Plenty of rules violations you missed in the non-Belfry threads.

I am only one person and I work so I watch it as much as I can. That's why we have a team of Moderators and Admins
Voted
Belfry0304 Wrote:How can you talk crap about winning anything when we're Jackets and Cavs fans? Lol.

How about this... Haywood's program he has built that we're so prideful about is the source of your trolling entertainment. Without Coach Haywood, you'd be bored as hell.

I like the Cavs, couldn't tell you a thing about Hockey though. I root for the closest teams to home in pro sports.

BGR is probably one of the top city attractions in Belfry. So I would say that whether or not Belfry had a good team, there would probably be a lot of fans on here.

BelfryPride Wrote:I am only one person and I work so I watch it as much as I can. That's why we have a team of Moderators and Admins

You haven't seen apparently that the rules have been much more laid back over the past couple years. But I find it quite interesting that you didn't catch the titles of a couple of these threads and question them immediately. Only when it's an inconvenience to y'all Belfry folk.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5