Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell County
63.16%
Knox Central
36.84%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Russell County 10/25
FBfan4life Wrote:Last year Knox Central came down and played Lex Cath in the playoffs. I really thought KC had the chance to upset Lex Cath with their power running attack and that great running back they had (# 7 ). Well that though went out the window fast. It's was a blow out. Im thinking or asking, who has KC have back from year's squad? And what do they have that leads them to believe they can knock down RC?

Knox's running back your talking about was Jeffery Canady (#4) not (#7 was the Qb). As far as what they have back is the whole o-line except one. On the d-line they lost 3 and DBS they lost 2 and lb they lost 3. Still have a good back in Gist (#13) sr they also have two other good backs that are just soph. With that said they have a good team chemistry that is starting to gel at the right time. That is why I say they have a change at winning this game.
RUSSELL by 10.
FBfan4life Wrote:Last year Knox Central came down and played Lex Cath in the playoffs. I really thought KC had the chance to upset Lex Cath with their power running attack and that great running back they had (# 7 ). Well that though went out the window fast. It's was a blow out. Im thinking or asking, who has KC have back from year's squad? And what do they have that leads them to believe they can knock down RC?

#7 was the QB I think the RB you are talking about was #4 as far as what do they have that leads them to believe they can knock down RC it's called HEART they are just good ole country boys that play with heart. I believe RC is the better team but these old KC boys don't, you will have to prove it to them on the field.
I think the Lakers win this one, 35-21.
Really shocked that there hasn't been much trash talk about this game. Whole lot more trash talk last year. Thought this thread would be jumping!!
Guess everyone has already decided who's going to win this year!!
Knox central will run over Russell co love from 64sur :welcome:
64SUR Wrote:Knox central will run over Russell co love from 64sur :welcome:

Please explain-where will Russell Co. be run over and who will be doing this running over?????
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Please explain-where will Russell Co. be run over and who will be doing this running over?????

Well I hope it is Knox central but am not betting you if you get my drift Dude Confusednicker:
Both teams have lost each time they played a team with a winning record. (I think - as I have not checked every team on RC schedule). My honest opinion is this game depends on one thing only - KC defense. If we are able to hold them under 2 TD's we will win. Our running game will score the points. I think our D has improved over the weeks and will do just that. But if we get into a shoot out we will not win that battle.

KC 21
RC 14

or

RC 35
KC 21

Depends on our mighty defense. So my pick is KC to win as I believe our D will show up big.

Dave Diamond
[email]cdavediamond@gmail.com[/email]
panther nation Wrote:Really shocked that there hasn't been much trash talk about this game. Whole lot more trash talk last year. Thought this thread would be jumping!!
Guess everyone has already decided who's going to win this year!!

I think the last couple year's games have given both fan bases a mutual respect for each other's program. I believe if we play our best game we should win, but I expect the Panthers to play hard and if we are unfocused and or careless with the ball anything can happen. There will be some "good ole country boys" on both sides of the field who will leave it all on the field to represent their school and communities. My best prediction is that everyone in the stands will leave proud of the effort put forth by the LAKERS AND THE PANTHERS!
The defense of the lakers appears to be their strength. It has been very impressive except for the second half in the Pulaski game. At times, the offense is equally impressive, however, as was my complaint last year, the lure of the "big play" and the constant pursuit of that big play will be the eventual demise of this laker team. To me, this lure is what is created when playing teams that are weaker in competition. Playing the weaker schedule creates the idea and dream that the next big play is just around the corner and no one is happy with the 4-5 yard gains preferring for the "big play". It is "mind boggling " the number of times a underneath receiver is open and the underneath route is forsaken for a deeper route where the ball is literally thrown up for grabs. This killed us in the Pulaski game with all the turnovers and will only do so again as competition improves. I hope for patience in our players and coaches and satisfaction in shorter yardage plays but haven't seen it yet this year and expect it to be our eventual downfall. Turnovers will be the absolute key as our competition improves. We can compete with almost any team but greed is our biggest weakness.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:The defense of the lakers appears to be their strength. It has been very impressive except for the second half in the Pulaski game. At times, the offense is equally impressive, however, as was my complaint last year, the lure of the "big play" and the constant pursuit of that big play will be the eventual demise of this laker team. To me, this lure is what is created when playing teams that are weaker in competition. Playing the weaker schedule creates the idea and dream that the next big play is just around the corner and no one is happy with the 4-5 yard gains preferring for the "big play". It is "mind boggling " the number of times a underneath receiver is open and the underneath route is forsaken for a deeper route where the ball is literally thrown up for grabs. This killed us in the Pulaski game with all the turnovers and will only do so again as competition improves. I hope for patience in our players and coaches and satisfaction in shorter yardage plays but haven't seen it yet this year and expect it to be our eventual downfall. Turnovers will be the absolute key as our competition improves. We can compete with almost any team but greed is our biggest weakness.

Amen!!!! Use the short gains to open up the big play. The underneath pass, screens, quick slants, bubbles, etc are there. If we hit those on a regular basis, then it opens up the run even more. That's why I think this team is more dangerous with Smiddy at QB. Smiddy is better suited to pocket pass, and then Ellis is free to move around on the field.
laker20 Wrote:Amen!!!! Use the short gains to open up the big play. The underneath pass, screens, quick slants, bubbles, etc are there. If we hit those on a regular basis, then it opens up the run even more. That's why I think this team is more dangerous with Smiddy at QB. Smiddy is better suited to pocket pass, and then Ellis is free to move around on the field.

Pulaski killed us with patient 5-12 yard passes and scored a bundle. When we throw deep it is just an up for grabs pass but we take that option almost every time. Are we just seeing it wrong Laker 20????
laker20 Wrote:Amen!!!! Use the short gains to open up the big play. The underneath pass, screens, quick slants, bubbles, etc are there. If we hit those on a regular basis, then it opens up the run even more. That's why I think this team is more dangerous with Smiddy at QB. Smiddy is better suited to pocket pass, and then Ellis is free to move around on the field.
I've been saying this all year! I don't understand why RC has not had Smiddy at QB And distributing Eliis around the field. This would be a more rounded offense. Strong in all the skilled positions. I'm hoping our failure to do so does not bite us come playoffs!
Football1 Wrote:Both teams have lost each time they played a team with a winning record. (I think - as I have not checked every team on RC schedule). My honest opinion is this game depends on one thing only - KC defense. If we are able to hold them under 2 TD's we will win. Our running game will score the points. I think our D has improved over the weeks and will do just that. But if we get into a shoot out we will not win that battle.

KC 21
RC 14

or

RC 35
KC 21

Depends on our mighty defense. So my pick is KC to win as I believe our D will show up big.

Dave Diamond
[email]cdavediamond@gmail.com[/email]

The strength of schedule does make it hard to compare these teams:

Of the teams KC has beat, they have a combined record of 6-44.
Of the teams RC has beat, they have a combined record of 11-46.

But I just don't see the Panthers holding the Lakers to 14 points. If that's what they're depending on it may be a long night.
^^
I don't see us holding the lakers to 14 points(although that would be nice.) either,but if the panthers can keep them from scoring more than 28 points. I believe the panthers have a real good shot at winning the game.
Russell has been proned to putting the ball on the ground this year. If the panthers can get 2 or 3 of them and not turn it over themselves they have a real good chance. the way KC defense has been playing as of late can and should create some turn overs.
panther nation Wrote:^^
I don't see us holding the lakers to 14 points(although that would be nice.) either,but if the panthers can keep them from scoring more than 28 points. I believe the panthers have a real good shot at winning the game.

Now I do agree with this......28 Points is probably the magic number and at that score this game could be very interesting. Anything less than 28 and the Panthers should have a real chance.
If anyone is going to score 28 points on the Lakers they had better be able to really pass the ball well. No one has run on our defense including Pulaski. We are giving up less than 100 yards per game and our starters are probably giving up less than 50. I can think of at least three 75+ runs given up by the JV late at the end of games which hurt the average.

A huge key to this game will be turnovers. The Lakers have forced 22 through the first 8 games while the Panthers have caused 14. Although the lakers really struggled with turnovers in the PC game the rest of the season has not been that bad.
^
KC can pass the ball better than most think. They really haven't had to pass that much but make no mistake they can pass it pretty good. I don't think Russell has played a team other than pc that can do both run and pass. The panthers can do both as well maybe not as good as pc but I think good enough to give Russell all they want.
This game will come down to game plan and execution of said game plan. Whom ever does it the best will be the one that come out on top.
panther nation Wrote:^
KC can pass the ball better than most think. They really haven't had to pass that much but make no mistake they can pass it pretty good. I don't think Russell has played a team other than pc that can do both run and pass. The panthers can do both as well maybe not as good as pc but I think good enough to give Russell all they want.

I think the question on KC's passing is Who will be the QB on Friday? I had heard that Barger was questionable due to injury, and likely wouldn't be 100% even if he plays. Then again, we all know how these rumors go.

One day and counting.
laker20 Wrote:I think the question on KC's passing is Who will be the QB on Friday? I had heard that Barger was questionable due to injury, and likely wouldn't be 100% even if he plays. Then again, we all know how these rumors go.

One day and counting.

Both QB's are very good in their own rights. One is a true passer the other is an escape artist.
Safe travels to you Knox Central folk. Hope you bring a lot of fans as you did two years ago and may we Russell County fans welcome you and treat you with dignity and respect. May both teams play hard and God bless them with safety and a tremendous night of football. Best wishes to all!
Wish all the panther faithful a safe trip over there and back. Better bundle up cause it's going to be cold as ever. Hope to see as many of us over there as we can get to go. Let's cheer our boys on as they try to bring home that district title.

This is it!! Time to get it on!!!!
Good luck Panthers!!!!

Oh I almost forgot
KC 34
RC 27
The more important question would be who they have coming up to replace the Seniors!! It's a dandy Freshman squad!!!

That said, good luck Panthers!! You going to have to play a pretty mistake free game, but I know you can do it!!!!

Praying for no injuries tonight for both teams!!!

Panthers by a score!!!!

[Image: http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s286/...anther.jpg]
Granny, that Panther in your post is mad and in the water. My question is: Did the lakers hit it so hard that they knocked it into Lake Cumberland??? Lol. :biglmao: Confusednicker:
I loved that picture, which is why I chose it! But, I must admit that I'm old and a little crazy.
Kc 30 rc 24
Demarcus ware Wrote:I believe Knox will be ready for this game, Knox comes out on top and brings home the win!!!!!!!!

So why did you take Russell Co. in the pick em? Something change your mind or do you just want to make sure you're right on at least one thread?