Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central @ Russell County 10/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Both teams come in 2-0 in district play......so once again, this is for the championship. Who wins? Why?
The Lakers will probably be favored slightly in this game, but better have "all hands on deck" because no doubt Knox will come into this game extremely hungry for a victory over a Laker team perceived to be down from the previous two district battles. The hunger and tremendous desire for a victory over the Lakers could carry Knox atop this Russell County team if the Lakers are not completely up and ready for the challenge in all phases of the game. Look for Knox to pull out all stops to revenge the hard fought loss handed to them last year by the Lakers on their home field.
Lakers may be slightly down from last year but Knox significantly down to their last couple years. Russell plays their A game and they win by 2 scores comfortably at home.
russell should win...in a close one.after the bell loss i observed two things this team faces.heart and game time coaching.i think the coach is a good guy and have no personal issues but a first year intern could have had a better plan for the bell game and there was no motivation and fire in this team with all that was on the line,,good luck and hopefully i eat crow. knox 21 russell 28
big blu 2 u Wrote:russell should win...in a close one.after the bell loss i observed two things this team faces.heart and game time coaching.i think the coach is a good guy and have no personal issues but a first year intern could have had a better plan for the bell game and there was no motivation and fire in this team with all that was on the line,,good luck and hopefully i eat crow. knox 21 russell 28

After last night the Bell loss does not carry as much stigma. Bell could be a much better ball team than originally thought.
Knox will be ready for this one. It will be a hard fought game!
I think most people have developed the mindset that the Panthers are off this year and Russell County should win this game easily. But I don't think the Laker Nation has that mindset. The Panthers spent the early part of the season feeling out their QB situation and seeing what worked.....I think they have begun to hit their stride of late.

One thing I think we can all agree on, is these two teams have provided us two great games the past two seasons, and this has the potential to be yet another great game for the district title.
I believe Knox will be ready for this game, Knox comes out on top and brings home the win!!!!!!!!
This one is a toss up! I don't know a lot about Knox Central but from reviewing their record of teams played, they are much like Russell County. Both have played weak schedules. When playing teams with winning records both teams have lost. I am picking Russell County for two reasons. Their defense and they are playing at home. I predict Russell County 35 Knox Central 14.
Gonna be a blow out.
This is for the Districts picking Knox all the way in this one.

Knox county central 34
Russell county 27

Let's go panthers :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
^^
And your so good at predictions as evidenced by your 36-34 Clay Co win you predicted last week!Confusednicker:
Home field advantage is the difference. Russell County by 3.
Over comming home field will just be one of the tasks the panthers will have to over come this week. Along with a few key injuries. If the panthers execute the game plan they will have a real good chance at bringing home thier fist district title since 1975. It will be a tall order to fill but I believe that the panthers will be ready for the task at hand.
Home field advantage makes a difference, IMO. I haven't seen Russell in action this year, but I have seen the Panthers. I am more and more impressed with their heart and their effort. There is NO "quit" in this team.

That said, I gotta got with Knox Central by a score! I believe their heart will overcome the home field advantage, and carry them to a district title!!

Good luck to both teams; please no more injuries!!!
While this years Laker team hasn't quite shown the offensive capability of last years, they're still pretty strong. But this years defense actually looks to be much improved. The line is bigger and stronger both ways. I honestly think Russell County is 10 points better on a neutral field, so I'll go 17 at home.
laker20 Wrote:While this years Laker team hasn't quite shown the offensive capability of last years, they're still pretty strong. But this years defense actually looks to be much improved. The line is bigger and stronger both ways. I honestly think Russell County is 10 points better on a neutral field, so I'll go 17 at home.

2012 Lakers 45pts per game. Gave up 13pts per game.
2013 Lakers 44pts per game. Giving up 11pts per game.

People who think we are way down because we lost some good players don't need to let the facts get in the way of their opinion.

Anchor Down!!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:2012 Lakers 45pts per game. Gave up 13pts per game.
2013 Lakers 44pts per game. Giving up 11pts per game.

People who think we are way down because we lost some good players don't need to let the facts get in the way of their opinion.

Anchor Down!!

I understand the scoring comparison, but this year's level of competition is no were close to last year's. We aren't way down on offense, just a bit......still much better offensively than most.
Down more in the kicking game than anywhere.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:^^
And your so good at predictions as evidenced by your 36-34 Clay Co win you predicted last week!Confusednicker:

:dudecomeon: I work in clay county it hurts and i pick them anyway :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:
KC has no hope be real Lakers by 21
topnotch Wrote:KC has no hope be real Lakers by 21
:lmao::lmao: :lame:
Man you must have no clue to anything? To say Knox has no chance is absurd. Knox may not be as good as last but neither is Russell. Russell may very well win this game but it will by no means be a blow out. I hope the rest of Russell feels the way you do and the panther won't even need to make the trip.
Just noticed that somehow I had " liked" topnotch's comment about Knox not having any hope and losing by 21. That was a mistake (fat fingers and a small phone). I expect Knox to come in fired up and ready to play. The lakers better be ready! However, I believe that these Lakers are on a mission to prove something to Knox, to the region, to the state, to their own fans in the stands, and maybe even themselves. After 1997 my favorite college team lost the greatest player in the schools history (Peyton Manning) and still had a pretty good year in 1998! Russell lost some great players this year but I believe we still have a great team! Looking forward to a great game!

Anchor Down
Lakers better not overlook the Panthers!!!

...nuff said
Just for my satisfaction, I choose to serve notice that if Knox Central wins this game I plan to file a bullying complaint against the Knox County coach and the entire Knox team. My son is supposed to win!!��������������
Knox Central is not ready to be district champs, RUSSELL by 14:Shaking:
Granny Bear Wrote:Lakers better not overlook the Panthers!!!

...nuff said

They haven't for two years and they won't this year! The Panthers better not come in thinking the Lakers are "not as good" this year either.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Just noticed that somehow I had " liked" topnotch's comment about Knox not having any hope and losing by 21. That was a mistake (fat fingers and a small phone). I expect Knox to come in fired up and ready to play. The lakers better be ready! However, I believe that these Lakers are on a mission to prove something to Knox, to the region, to the state, to their own fans in the stands, and maybe even themselves. After 1997 my favorite college team lost the greatest player in the schools history (Peyton Manning) and still had a pretty good year in 1998! Russell lost some great players this year but I believe we still have a great team! Looking forward to a great game!

Anchor Down

I'm with you on this. I think the 2013 edition is a more complete team than we had in years past. The defense is much improved. We are keeping the opponents down without the huge field position advantage we had last year. We have work to do on the offense still, but there are less weak spots overall. I like this team more each week.
:hilarious:

1/4bak Wrote:Knox Central is not ready to be district champs, RUSSELL by 14:Shaking:

:dudecomeon: I guess you know everything right
Just what would you know about being ready?
Last year Knox Central came down and played Lex Cath in the playoffs. I really thought KC had the chance to upset Lex Cath with their power running attack and that great running back they had (# 7 ). Well that though went out the window fast. It's was a blow out. Im thinking or asking, who has KC have back from year's squad? And what do they have that leads them to believe they can knock down RC?
Pages: 1 2 3