Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Trinity 29 - Louisville St. Xavier 17
hop24 Wrote:That's the problem with the schools who are good enough to compete in a super conference, they want national recognition which is fine, but they want to pummel all us "goverment schoolers" at home. If T and X were in a tri-state super conference and had years like this where they would be bottem feeders the $ alumni and $$ boosters might lose some interest in the program and go away. Then we all know what would happen to the program.
As far as recruiting. My child is a dam good prospect and could have went to a different school. Probably could have sent him to a GCL school but he has pride in our community and our program and he and his teamates through hard work have a nice team this year and yes he will be playing on Saturdays and no one will ever call him a sellout.

How are theses kids attending Trinity as far as money goes. And your arrogance is pitiful. When you call us "government schoolers" you ripped 95% of this board. Oh I forgot, you prolly buy your friends as well.

Boy, hop24, your grammar is terrible. Undoubtedly, you attended a government school.

I wouldn't call one who has potential and seeks to maximize it by attending one of the GCL schools a "sellout". I would consider that person and his family to be wise in giving the boy every opportunity to be noticed and to succeed. And, the truth is that there is a big difference in where you play on Saturday. And, just think of the superior education he would receive at a GAL school.
^
When all else fails and you cant come back with a decent comment, just become the grammar police. Ive seen it time and time again.

You were dont after your first post.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
When all else fails and you cant come back with a decent comment, just become the grammar police. Ive seen it time and time again.

Did you attend school with hop24?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Did you attend school with hop24?

The school I attended currently ranks in the 90th percentile of the state on testing. No need to try. We know your done.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

:cop: Gut, you got pulled over as well.:biggrin: Should I have put a space between "well" and my smiley? I wouldn't know, I must be a second class citizen who works with my hands and my minds. They ought to get a rich man to do it for a month and see if he has the gut to make it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The school I attended currently ranks in the 90th percentile of the state on testing. No need to try. We know your done.

Well Harry's school would test a lot higher but they have to include there football team's scores.:biglmao: Sure there's ways AROUND that as well.Confusedhh:
I can't wait till SK or Scott County breaks the streak so Highlands an independent PUBLIC school will have the longest streak not a mini university.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I can't wait till SK or Scott County breaks the streak so Highlands an independent PUBLIC school will have the longest streak not a mini university.

I like how you think bro, but I really doudt that will happen anytime soon.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The school I attended currently ranks in the 90th percentile of the state on testing. No need to try. We know your done.

In all honesty, your boasting about your school's test performance is not impressive. You fail to mention, or maybe you don't know, that the state tests are only administered to government schools. To brag about being in the 90th percentile among mostly mediocre competition is not all that outstanding.
hop24 Wrote:Well Harry's school would test a lot higher but they have to include there football team's scores.:biglmao: Sure there's ways AROUND that as well.Confusedhh:

You, hop24, are also misinformed. Private schools don't subject themselves to the government generated school tests.

Also, I was astounded to learn that you have more than one mind. And, to be honest, I'll bet most everyone would prefer to be rich over being poor.

But, so much for that. For the sake of balance, let me present a private school argument. Keep in mind that, unlike your government schools, private schools don't slop at the public tax dollar trough. We entirely foot our own bills. And, we also pay all those schools real estate taxes and federal and state income taxes that go into running the government schools. Further, since it is reasonable to assume that, overall, those who support private schools (I believe you said 5%) nonetheless pay far more than their proportional share of the total tax bill. Now, just imagine how it would be if we were allowed to use our share of the pot to support our own schools rather than your government schools (which, of course, are of no benefit to us).

The end result would be that the private schools would be even more competitive than we are at the present time and your government schools would either have to gleam more taxes from you or be in financial trouble. You boys never seem to be aware of the fact that we fund our own but we also fund you.

Now, I'm not whining about the situation. I choose private schools. I am just thankful that I can do so although I'm paying double, so to speak.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:You, hop24, are also misinformed. Private schools don't subject themselves to the government generated school tests.

Also, I was astounded to learn that you have more than one mind. And, to be honest, I'll bet most everyone would prefer to be rich over being poor.

But, so much for that. For the sake of balance, let me present a private school argument. Keep in mind that, unlike your government schools, private schools don't slop at the public tax dollar trough. We entirely foot our own bills. And, we also pay all those schools real estate taxes and federal and state income taxes that go into running the government schools. Further, since it is reasonable to assume that, overall, those who support private schools (I believe you said 5%) nonetheless pay far more than their proportional share of the total tax bill. Now, just imagine how it would be if we were allowed to use our share of the pot to support our own schools rather than your government schools (which, of course, are of no benefit to us).

The end result would be that the private schools would be even more competitive than we are at the present time and your government schools would either have to gleam more taxes from you or be in financial trouble. You boys never seem to be aware of the fact that we fund our own but we also fund you.

Now, I'm not whining about the situation. I choose private schools. I am just thankful that I can do so although I'm paying double, so to speak.

You sound like a politician, but sure brother I believe all that. I attended one of Cincy's GCL school and I know what my parents went thought to put me and my brothers. In all fairness, lets cut out the public and private school debate. We all have our reason to send our kids to private and/ or public school. I/ we do not need to justify the reason to anyone.
FBfan4life Wrote:You sound like a politician, but sure brother I believe all that. I attended one of Cincy's GCL school and I know what my parents went thought to put me and my brothers. In all fairness, lets cut out the public and private school debate. We all have our reason to send our kids to private and/ or public school. I/ we do not need to justify the reason to anyone.

I agree with you. Your parents should be commended because they did a very special thing for you and your brothers in sacrificing so that you could attend a GCL school. There are none better. Resources are a finite item and we all must make choices. Your parents made a wise choice.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Gee, Bowling Green people are really blowing smoke. Of course, they know that they won't be playing Louisville Trinity. Trinity plays in the national major league. Bowling Green plays in Kentucky Class 5A. There is quite a difference.

The bottom line is that Bowling Green can't compete with Louisville Trinity. Never have. Most likely never will.

It is statements like this, that make some folks what a private/public champion as well.
Mountaineer Man Wrote:It is statements like this, that make some folks what a private/public champion as well.

Those who want to split the government schools from the private schools are actually living by the the belief that, if you can't beat them, don't play them. I would think that it would be more legitimate to say that if you can't beat them, you will try to do better so you can compete with the best.

Of course, striving to be the best is not a trait we see in this country, particularly among young people.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:In all honesty, your boasting about your school's test performance is not impressive. You fail to mention, or maybe you don't know, that the state tests are only administered to government schools. To brag about being in the 90th percentile among mostly mediocre competition is not all that outstanding.

Hmm, I never brought up the private/public debate.
It is funny that everytime a public school is considered better than one of your privates you all get defensive, and your not the only one.
As for your comment, I believe it's a remarkable achievement to be ranked that high. Especially when Whitley County was controlled by the state a little over 20 years ago. Come down here and tell Corbin's school district that there not doing well. They are consistently ranked at the top of the states schools, and I will bet you anything you want that there kids are just as smart, if not smarter than any private schools kids in the state.
Lets be honest, to state what you did is just plain ignorant and shows the exact reason many fans despise your type of thinking and mentality. Nothing is as ever good as having to pay thousands of dollars to go to some all boys school. People really do not care, and I fall into that category. Such a shame that such a successful program is brought down by fans such as yourself. If your going to claim to be the smartest, you should do your research first.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Those who want to split the government schools from the private schools are actually living by the the belief that, if you can't beat them, don't play them. I would think that it would be more legitimate to say that if you can't beat them, you will try to do better so you can compete with the best.

Of course, striving to be the best is not a trait we see in this country, particularly among young people.

:eyeroll:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Hmm, I never brought up the private/public debate.
It is funny that everytime a public school is considered better than one of your privates you all get defensive, and your not the only one.
As for your comment, I believe it's a remarkable achievement to be ranked that high. Especially when Whitley County was controlled by the state a little over 20 years ago. Come down here and tell Corbin's school district that there not doing well. They are consistently ranked at the top of the states schools, and I will bet you anything you want that there kids are just as smart, if not smarter than any private schools kids in the state.
Lets be honest, to state what you did is just plain ignorant and shows the exact reason many fans despise your type of thinking and mentality. Nothing is as ever good as having to pay thousands of dollars to go to some all boys school. People really do not care, and I fall into that category. Such a shame that such a successful program is brought down by fans such as yourself. If your going to claim to be the smartest, you should do your research first.

It is fine that you are proud of improvements at Whitley County. However, you need to be careful about being too drunk with euphoria, Such a state of mind tends to cause one to exaggerate. And, of course, exaggeration brings statements that are neither factual nor backed up by real evidence. I'm afraid you drifted into that arena.