Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern @ Madison Central
Iam4thecats Wrote:Kenny Turner last team at MC went 0-9. He took over and took them on a steady decline.

Except for that last year he done well.

Ill tell you what happened.....redistricting and the move to 6 classes.

They took MC out of that district with Whitley, GRC, North and South Laurel, and Montgomery.
They could beat up those schools that were much smaller, but when they got stuckin 6A and started playing in thos districts, it flamed out...
The rumor at the time Bert Browne was hired was the PC Coach Johnny Hines turned the job down, can any one confirm or deny that..? Of course that was a few years ago, before Coach Hines got PC in the shape they are now. I guess the point of my questions is why would anyone want to coach in Class 6A esp in the region MC is in..? Outside of Bowling Green 5A seems to be the easier of class then them all, imo.
Southern will dominate tonight.
QUOTE=wildthang3;1645843]The rumor at the time Bert Browne was hired was the PC Coach Johnny Hines turned the job down, can any one confirm or deny that..? Of course that was a few years ago, before Coach Hines got PC in the shape they are now. I guess the point of my questions is why would anyone want to coach in Class 6A esp in the region MC is in..? Outside of Bowling Green 5A seems to be the easier of class then them all, imo.[/QUOTE]

I do know that Coach Hines wanted the Madison Central job at that time. He tried to keep it quiet, but its a small town here. He and Tom Floyd (Superintendent of Madison at that time) played football together at Georgetown College back in the day. This was after several good seasons at PC:
2002-7-5
2003-11-2 (Region Championship Game)
2004-7-5
2007-10-2
2008-8-4
2009-10-4 (District & Region Champs)
-since missing the Central job-
2010-11-2 (Region runner up)
2012-9-4 (Region runner up)
Hines did not even get an Interview for the Central job. They interviewed 6 I am told. Hines was never offered the job. On another note, I am told he was contacted by officials at Madison Southern the next year about that job. I don't know if that job was ever offered to him or not. Hines says he has no plans to leave Pulaski.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Except for that last year he done well.

Ill tell you what happened.....redistricting and the move to 6 classes.

They took MC out of that district with Whitley, GRC, North and South Laurel, and Montgomery.
They could beat up those schools that were much smaller, but when they got stuckin 6A and started playing in thos districts, it flamed out...

So, no, he didn't actually "done" well. The fact is his record got worse every year ending with 0-9. They are playing in the class and district that they belong in.
Southern in a huge blowout. Something like what Harlan county did to central, i dont know how good southerns defense is, but with Harris running the ball, they will score at will.. i'm guessing 52-12
Iam4thecats Wrote:So, no, he didn't actually "done" well. The fact is his record got worse every year ending with 0-9. They are playing in the class and district that they belong in.

Just a dumb post.
Santa Monica Wrote:QUOTE=wildthang3;1645843]The rumor at the time Bert Browne was hired was the PC Coach Johnny Hines turned the job down, can any one confirm or deny that..? Of course that was a few years ago, before Coach Hines got PC in the shape they are now. I guess the point of my questions is why would anyone want to coach in Class 6A esp in the region MC is in..? Outside of Bowling Green 5A seems to be the easier of class then them all, imo.

I do know that Coach Hines wanted the Madison Central job at that time. He tried to keep it quiet, but its a small town here. He and Tom Floyd (Superintendent of Madison at that time) played football together at Georgetown College back in the day. This was after several good seasons at PC:
2002-7-5
2003-11-2 (Region Championship Game)
2004-7-5
2007-10-2
2008-8-4
2009-10-4 (District & Region Champs)
-since missing the Central job-
2010-11-2 (Region runner up)
2012-9-4 (Region runner up)
Hines did not even get an Interview for the Central job. They interviewed 6 I am told. Hines was never offered the job. On another note, I am told he was contacted by officials at Madison Southern the next year about that job. I don't know if that job was ever offered to him or not. Hines says he has no plans to leave Pulaski.[/QUOTE]

With the shape PC is in vs MC it was clearly a good move. Also, I wouldn't leave either if I were him Pc is loaded for the next few years.
wildthang3 Wrote:I'd say Damien Harris has more to do with the Madison Middle kids then anything.. Didn't Harris leave from there?

That is true.
I see some have this as a blowout but I do not. This is big brother (Central) vs. little brother (southern), and this game will be tight just because of the emotion of this game. I do think Southern is 3 or 4 TD's better, but this will be a pride game and will be a street fight. Southern by 2 TD's.
North laurel keeping an I on this game Confusednicker: Confusednicker: Confusednicker: