Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern @ Madison Central
Southern is 0 and 4 all-time vs. Central, but Central is young and Southern is Junior and Senior dominant and it never hurts to have Damien Harris. This will be a battle early on but I think Southern pulls it out 35-21...thoughts?
This would be a fun game to watch. I would say no one will win by more then 7.
Southern
I will take Southern. I bet the blood pressure is high on coach Browne right now. A lot of pressure. You don't beat Southern and your gonna be eating crow for a long long time. Did Coach Browne GUARANTEE Victory for this game?
Southern will win this game by 3-4 TD's.
Saw MC against Pulaski and mc is awful. .ms wins again and goes to 3-0 after playing imo 3 bad teams. Competition for ms will step up a lot from here.
Southern over Central 42-28. Harris puts on another show.
Central cannot slow down DH. Southern by a lot, 48 - 14.
Central wouldn't have beaten Woodford Co. except for Woodford's ability to throw incomplete passes while trying to runout the clock. Southern will be up big early running clock midway thru 2nd quarter. MS 50 - MC 7
Madison Southern pretty easily
What has happened to Madison Central? They have dropped into never neverland.
Madison Southern by 18.
^
When Turner was at MC, they were on of the top teams in the state.
E's Army Wrote:What has happened to Madison Central? They have dropped into never neverland.

Hired Bert Brown
MS with a running clock EARLY!
Good Luck Madison Central.
I think this will be close. This rivalry isn't bad blood by any means, this game is a MAJOR psychological game for the Eagles. When it comes to Madison County sports Madison Central is BIG BROTHER, and Madison Southern is the little brother waiting on the sidelines waiting for their turn to show what they can do. Football is different in that these two very rarely play so getting over the hump and being able to challenge for a region title Madison Southern needs to beat Central, to show that it can play with Harlan and other teams that are trying to stake their claim to a title. If Southern was to lose it would not stop them from having a good year, but if they beat Central it will be the match that lights the fire. We took care of the gasoline when we beat Rockcastle Co. STRIKE THE MATCH EAGLES!!!

Southern 36
Central 28

and yes Harlan DESTROYED Madison Central, but if this game is close it means NOTHING...this will be a BATTLE and will be "THE" game to watch in Central, KY on Friday night.
Damien Harris will run wild again this week look for him to have 170yds and 4 tds maybe another return td also
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
When Turner was at MC, they were on of the top teams in the state.

Kenny Turner last team at MC went 0-9. He took over and took them on a steady decline.
Madison Southern - 47
Madison Central - 35

Hard to understand why MCHS isn't any better than they are. That school has athletes.
Brandon40403 Wrote:Damien Harris will run wild again this week look for him to have 170yds and 4 tds maybe another return td also

He may have two carries that total 170. I look for more like 300
No way this will be within 5 TD's. NO WAY!!!
Ms-35
mc-14
MS made a believer out of me . MS and Harris big.
Harris 200 plus yards and 4 TDs
Southern by 10.
The word coming from Richmond is that after this season Bert Browne might be gone. Half of the kids from Madison Middle have quit coming to play for him and have instead made their way to Madison Southern. Madison Southern for the first time has two feeder schools, but if Madison Middle kids make the mass exodus then look out for Madison Southern for some time.
Madison Central the past 10 seasons:

2003 11-2 (Turner)
2004 11-2 (Turner)
2005 7-4 (Turner)
2006 6-5 (Turner)
2007 7-5 (Turner)
2008 9-3 (Turner)
2009 0-9 (Turner)
2010 1-10 (Browne)
2011 5-6 (Browne)
2012 7-5 (Browne)

From looking at that, i'm not sure what started happening in 2006-2009 but MC really spiraled down during that period, and taking a quick glance over the records since Browne took over, I see steady improvement. Hopefully coach Browne can keep his feeders intact and get them back to where they were in 2003-2004 and i'm sure he will if given the time and support.

Central 48
Southern 42
Well as long as Coach Clark is at Southern majority of the Madison Middle kids will wind up at Madison Southern...its already happening and it continues.
I'd say Damien Harris has more to do with the Madison Middle kids then anything.. Didn't Harris leave from there?