Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard@Pikeville 8/31
jetpilot Wrote:Maybe Hazard's D will chase Pikeville around for 4 quarters like they chased Fairview last year. And they lost a lot of good players from that defense.

Oh so Pikeville is as good as last years Fairview team, well that's a different story.
:betterthanexpected: C'mon, I Have no dought Pikeville is hard to chase around, but if a team can get some stops then they can beat Pikeville's D. Pburg burnt them until they ran out of gas. Pikeville is not reinventing football. They will run into a good football team and I think the Pike Co Bowl will be that week. Don't forget this Hazard team just had the privilege of scrimmaging Belfry. Playing Pikeville will seem like a Godsend.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Oh so Pikeville is as good as last years Fairview team, well that's a different story.
:betterthanexpected: C'mon, I Have no dought Pikeville is hard to chase around, but if a team can get some stops then they can beat Pikeville's D. Pburg burnt them until they ran out of gas. Pikeville is not reinventing football. They will run into a good football team and I think the Pike Co Bowl will be that week. Don't forget this Hazard team just had the privilege of scrimmaging Belfry. Playing Pikeville will seem like a Godsend.

lol! We shall see!
Pikeville's defense is not good enough to carry them on their shoulders against good teams. IMHO, Pikeville is what I would consider a "B" defense.. good enough to get the job done and keep the game within grasp...but not going to ever impose their will.

With that said, when Pikeville is playing smart, protecting the football, and using their different weapons they truly have an "A" offense.

The Pburg game was actually the perfect display of Pikeville's strengths and weaknesses. The First Half is what Pikeville will look like when they aren't bringing their best performance..when Special Teams hurts them.. when they are careless with the ball..and when they are more concerned with being cute on offense then feeding their horse. That Pikeville team is not a serious threat in 1A.

The second half Pikeville established Hall early and often..they used the pass as a luxury... and they held on to the ball. That Pikeville team is my favorite to reach Bowling Green.
Hazard is a team which will expose your weaknesses. They are very well coached and sound fundamentally. If Pikeville doesn't bring their A game from the opening kick off it could be a long night.
^I think you nailed it '05. They do try to be cute too often. They only threw it twice in the second half vs. Prestonsburg so it was some great adjustments. But they are still prone to be too cute sometimes. Almost like they use the pass to set up the run, when it should be the other way around.
E's Army Wrote:Hazard is a team which will expose your weaknesses. They are very well coached and sound fundamentally. If Pikeville doesn't bring their A game from the opening kick off it could be a long night.

And if Pikeville does bring their A game it could be a long night for Hazard. Pikeville is a team that battles for 4 quarters so I think they will be fine.
Pikeville had a good comeback against pburg but that was last week it's a new week and I don't look for the dogs to disappoint they will be ready....hazard wins
I think Pikeville takes this one at home in a close one, 28-27.
Hazard- 24
Pikeville- 16
Figured this thread would of picked up a little more considering Pikeville should be the favorite in this game.
Hazard-52
Pikeville-14
Is both teams 100% healthy for this game.
After watching the Pikeville vs Prestonsburg match up, I will go with Hazard. I feel like Pikeville is much improved, and is very capable of winning this game, but I think Hazard's athletism will win out in the end. Hazard 28 Pikeville 20.
after watching pikeville on friday, the panther D is better than being given credit and lets just see what happens saturday night. i been around this program for a long time and the panthers are better than being given credit for.
This will be a rematch come November and I say Hazard will get better as the season goes on and so will Pikeville, Hazard line is very stong, and this could be the year that Hazard playes for the title again no matter what happens friday. But I say Hazard wins 43-28.
At this point it is really hard for me to choose right now. With Pikeville's showing last week at Prestonsburg they showed some fire. I am going to say Pikeville in a barn burner.
Pikeville 32
Hazard 28
Going with Pikeville by 10 in this one. This should be a heck of a game.
Glad the thread has finally started moving again. One thing about this Hazard team I seen in just that scrimmage with whitley that I never seen last year was a lot of emotion which is and has been a big part of Hazard football. Also the intensity of the team as well. The team that won it all brought emotion and intensity to every game and the came home with the gold.
As EKU said, if Pikeville plays to there strength, which is the run game, and controls the clock in this one the defense will do enough to win the game.
This game could easily go either way, but i give the Panthers the edge at home.

Pikeville 30-27
The First Half is the key.

If Pikeville comes out trying to fling the football and there are more bubble screens and jet sweeps than carries by Chase Hall:

Hazard 32
Pikeville 19

If Pikeville establishes Hall early and allows their read option game to open up looks passing the ball:

Pikeville 33
Hazard 20
I got Pikeville..
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The First Half is the key.

If Pikeville comes out trying to fling the football and there are more bubble screens and jet sweeps than carries by Chase Hall:

Hazard 32
Pikeville 19

If Pikeville establishes Hall early and allows their read option game to open up looks passing the ball:

Pikeville 33
Hazard 20

Agreed. The passing game will develop as the season progresses. Priority now, is to stay with what works, Chase Hall/run game.
Pikeville will have to rely on Hall to control the ball and keep it out of Hazard's play makers hands. I picked Hazard but believe it will be a good game either way. I don't foresee a blowout.
The power is shifting back to Pikeville. Hazard had their run. Pikeville wins this one.
Pikeville-27
Hazard-21 Overtime
Trust me the dawgs will be prepared for this one,hazard wins.
After thinking and studying this game I am going to have to go with Hazard,
Hazard will play with a lot of heart for there sick coach. I think Hazard wins 28 to 20.
I just wish sat would hurry up and get here !!!!
Pikeville 28

Hazard 21
We love it that everyone is hating on us. And thinks pikeville is all that