Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard@Pikeville 8/31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who you got in this rivalry game and its also the pike county bowl as well.
Hazards last lost to Pikeville was in 2006 in the regular season where they got thumped and redeemed themselves in the playoffs with a 15-14 win. Since that playoff game hazard has met pikeville in 08,10,11 where they have came away with the win. This game will have playoff magnitude and it wouldn't surprise me to see these teams play for a chance to go to BG.
Im going to hold off on my prediction until I hear a little more about this Hazard team. Once someone breaks the silence about how they looked against Belfry, then maybe I could shed some light on this matchup.
This is a good measuring stick for both teams.
This match up and a week 8 Match up between Raceland and Fairview will determine how things playout in the post season. After Pikevilles win over prestonsburg I will say Pikeville wins this game as well. I will say its tight but if Pville plays clean, they win the ball game.

Panthers 24
Bulldogs 18
I may lose this pick but I'm going to pick the hazard bulldog they have my respects.:insane: I Kant believe I just said that :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
After watching Pikeville last night, a team that fought for four full quarters, I am going with the Panthers in a close one!
Just got finished talking to someone who said Hazard gave Belfry all they could handle last night. Hmmm..
If Hazard gave Belfry all they wanted I'll go with them this week.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Just got finished talking to someone who said Hazard gave Belfry all they could handle last night. Hmmm..

:dudecomeon: it's to silent on hear.if hazard gave belfry all they could handle they would be smoking. Confusedmoke: on here
Anyone making a prediction based on a scrimmage with Belfry is kidding themselves. Ask any Belfry fan how much Belfry tries to "win" a scrimmage. Belfry would name the score vs. Hazard in a real game. If you want to use Belfry as a measuring stick for Hazard, "name the score" is the best and most accurate info to use.
jetpilot Wrote:Anyone making a prediction based on a scrimmage with Belfry is kidding themselves. Ask any Belfry fan how much Belfry tries to "win" a scrimmage. Belfry would name the score vs. Hazard in a real game. If you want to use Belfry as a measuring stick for Hazard, "name the score" is the best and most accurate info to use.

The hazard bulldog 28 pikeville 21 Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
If Pikeville can clean up those silly mistakes, and Gage Morrison stays healthy, then Pikevlle's got a good shot in winning next Saturday.
Pikeville - 21
Hazard - 18
jetpilot Wrote:Anyone making a prediction based on a scrimmage with Belfry is kidding themselves. Ask any Belfry fan how much Belfry tries to "win" a scrimmage. Belfry would name the score vs. Hazard in a real game. If you want to use Belfry as a measuring stick for Hazard, "name the score" is the best and most accurate info to use.

You've convinced me

Hazard 28

Pikeville 20

:runtouchd
Panthers by 10
Pikeville will not beat Hazard. Take it to the bank.
Finally heard a report from the Belfry/Hazard scrimmage that Belfry pretty much had their way with Hazard's defense. Mostly talked about Belfry, but did say Hazard didn't seem themselves in terms of lineplay (compared to past few years)..said they have good skill players on offense but aren't as deep as usual and will struggle in the trenches.

Pikeville is still my pick out of the East this year:

Pikeville 32
Hazard 20
42-14 hazard
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:You've convinced me

Hazard 28

Pikeville 20

:runtouchd

ok...
mikehancho25 Wrote:42-14 hazard

lol!
Should be 7 or 8 points either way.

well what your pick and score need any help :Clap::Clap::Clap:
Pburg's not that good. Pikeville showed great heart and a lot of composure. If Hazard can play any defense and take care of the ball they get out of Pikeville with a W. Pikeville's defense is going to be there achillis.
"Pikevilles D will be its achillis"…? Are you serious?!!! Panthers D is their strong point! If anything their D will win them this game and many more.
You cant depend on your D for one half, you saying pburg was that hard to stop? Pburg ran out of gas, conditioning got the best of Pburg, not Pikeville!
Hazard 35
Pikeville 13
Conditoning is part of the game. Who can outlast who! Part of pburg being out of gas was pikeville. You cant tell me that chasing chase hall, ben maybard, austin black, cody estep, and austin charles all over the field has nothing to do with us beating pburg for four quarters. Thats what happened. You either can run with em or not. If not youll get run over.
Mastadon89 Wrote:Conditoning is part of the game. Who can outlast who! Part of pburg being out of gas was pikeville. You cant tell me that chasing chase hall, ben maybard, austin black, cody estep, and austin charles all over the field has nothing to do with us beating pburg for four quarters. Thats what happened. You either can run with em or not. If not youll get run over.

Maybe if they were in better condition they would have not given up a huge lead that Pikeville's D had given up. God forbid they play a team that can chase them around for four quarters. If they do Pikeville's D may be the reason they end up losing that game. Not every team only plays one half.
Maybe Hazard's D will chase Pikeville around for 4 quarters like they chased Fairview last year. And they lost a lot of good players from that defense.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Pburg's not that good. Pikeville showed great heart and a lot of composure. If Hazard can play any defense and take care of the ball they get out of Pikeville with a W. Pikeville's defense is going to be there achillis.

P-burg is a better team than what your giving them credit for. In comparison to Pikeville, they were not as conditioned as the Panthers were, and it showed. As far as the defense being an Achilles heal for Pikeville.....it's quiet the opposite, AND it showed. Don't think Hazard will be leaving Pikeville with a W.
Pikeville won the game and that's just really the end of story. A game is four quarters not just two. Pikeville came in ready and got down early but came back strong. P-burg will get better and this could be a different team IF the Anderson kid was playing.
Pages: 1 2 3