Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin Redhounds
82.61%
Southwestern Warriors
17.39%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs. Southwestern (at Somerset) 8/23
It looks like in the minority here, but I feel that Southwestern will surprise a lot of people this Friday.
Where did Fanin go? I had the pleasure of coaching some of the other boys and Fanin from last yrs team with Team Ky. I will tell you they have at least 2 lineman that will compete for varsity jobs as freshman and a Great RB that was unable to compete with Team Ky that will do just fine where ever they put him. I wont predict a score by I predict SW holds there own.#COACH
SW does have 3 Freshman linemen playing varsity.
2 offense 1 defense
Austin Daulton DL
Peyton Phelps OL
Brandon Mayfield OL

They are still young in some positions but have worked hard this off-season.

And the Fannins moved to Noblesville IN.

GOWARRIORS[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]!!!
[/COLOR][/SIZE] :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Just to get off topic for a bit, how long has Pulaski Southwestern (I still add the Pulaski to it) been a school? Also, who are some of the better players to come through the school?

I know Josh Minton and Martin McPherson played at UK and didn't Arby Jones play at Wake Forest? I seem to think there was a very good back and QB to come through a few years ago but the names slip my mind.
HAROLD Wrote:Just to get off topic for a bit, how long has Pulaski Southwestern (I still add the Pulaski to it) been a school? Also, who are some of the better players to come through the school?

I know Josh Minton and Martin McPherson played at UK and didn't Arby Jones play at Wake Forest? I seem to think there was a very good back and QB to come through a few years ago but the names slip my mind.

They had the Renfro kid who went on to a nice career at a MAC school... also had a Blair kid I believe at RB who was very good.
Scott Blair was the name I was thinking of. I believe he went onto play at Ball State and even played one year against the Cats.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They had the Renfro kid who went on to a nice career at a MAC school... also had a Blair kid I believe at RB who was very good.

Southwestern has been a school since 1993. Here's a few of the players you were talking about: Arby Jones did play at Wake Forest. Lee Renfro played safety at Ohio University. D.T. Boon played tight end at Ohio University. Scott Blair played running back at Ball State. Robbie Lewis started on the defensive line as a freshman last season for Morehead State. That's a few from the last 15 years or so.
Renfro led the state in rushing throughout most of the year in 2004 i believe.
I read my earlier posts and it sounds kind of like I am bashing SW. I didn't mean to sound as if they are not a good team this year, I just thought they were going to be talented enough to be one of the more elite teams this year. You don't win a state championship on any level without talent, especially multiple times. I saw SW scrimmage Rock and Casey, but by no means were they dominant. SW's QB looked real good and the RB's looked pretty good also. If Corbin doesn't play well they may go down. I love high school football, it changes week to week it seems. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.
Also Matt Sexton played defensive line at Louisville in the late 90's.
Anyone know what somerset station will carry the game? I may have to listen via iheart radio if I'm away from my radio in Corbin.
HAROLD Wrote:Anyone know what somerset station will carry the game? I may have to listen via iheart radio if I'm away from my radio in Corbin.

I'm not sure how they usually do the Correll Bowl. I think Southwestern is usually on 93.9. If not, the other 2 stations are 102.3 and 97.1.
Thanks warrior alum. I figured Dalton and Mayfield were both were. They are both tremendous ball players as well as many others from South.