Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin Redhounds
82.61%
Southwestern Warriors
17.39%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs. Southwestern (at Somerset) 8/23
Corbin travels to Somerset to take on Southwestern in the Ray Correll Bowl. Both teams were disappointing last season, who starts off 2013 with a win?
Worst thing about the night for Corbin will be the traffic into town
Hounds by 7.
Corbin by 10.
Hope its a tie Confusednicker:But I'm going with the redounds by 1pts go redounds Confusedhh:
Game could get a running clock if Corbin has any offense
Corbin 24
As much as I would like to see the Warriors win this, I don't that have it in them to do it. I think they have the potential to make it a close game.

Corbin - 35

Southwestern - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Shondue Wrote:Worst thing about the night for Corbin will be the traffic into town

That'll be the worst thing for every team in the Bowl. That road work out on 80 is ridiculous. Hopefully there aren't a lot of boaters heading out this Friday or Corbin may be late.
Corbin should win by 2 TDs.
RoShamBo Wrote:That'll be the worst thing for every team in the Bowl. That road work out on 80 is ridiculous. Hopefully there aren't a lot of boaters heading out this Friday or Corbin may be late.

I was in Somerset last week, Weddle has that entire east bound lane destroyed.
Southwestern 26 Corbin 18
Corbin wins, however I think this game will be a closer game than expected. I watched SW in there scrimmage and was impressed with there play compared to there expectations. I'm pulling for SW in a big way but don't see them pulling it out.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I was in Somerset last week, Weddle has that entire east bound lane destroyed.

I thought it was bad enough when they first started but, it's 10 times worse now!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I was in Somerset last week, Weddle has that entire east bound lane destroyed.

There's one eastbound lane and one westbound lane from the 914 bypass all the way to the turnoff to College Street. You'll be better off taking the 914 bypass and turning right onto Mt. Vernon Street--unless you're going somewhere on 27.
I think Corbin takes this one 28-14.
Walt Longmire Wrote:There's one eastbound lane and one westbound lane from the 914 bypass all the way to the turnoff to College Street. You'll be better off taking the 914 bypass and turning right onto Mt. Vernon Street--unless you're going somewhere on 27.
Coming from the East they could just turn left onto 914 then take the first right to Barnett St, getting across 80 at Barnett is going to be a mess.
jumper1 Wrote:Corbin wins, however I think this game will be a closer game than expected. I watched SW in there scrimmage and was impressed with there play compared to there expectations. I'm pulling for SW in a big way but don't see them pulling it out.

Wasnt the scrimmage against Casey County.. and won by only 1 or 2 points?
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:Wasnt the scrimmage against Casey County.. and won by only 1 or 2 points?

It was a tri-scrimmage with SW, Casey and Rockcastle. With the way they were rotating I honestly couldn't tell you a score, however SW by far was the better team on the field.
Watched the entire SW scrimmage last Friday night. SW did start a little slow but continued to get better all night.

SW gave up one score to Rock on a deep pass play on a blown coverage. That was it.

SW's offense scored several times off both Rock and Casey.

I am not one to make big predictions because no one knows, but SW looked much better than what we saw last year.
Lyn Turpin Wrote:Watched the entire SW scrimmage last Friday night. SW did start a little slow but continued to get better all night.

SW gave up one score to Rock on a deep pass play on a blown coverage. That was it.

SW's offense scored several times off both Rock and Casey.

I am not one to make big predictions because no one knows, but SW looked much better than what we saw last year.
That's good to hear!
^^^
Rock looked surprisingly down again, and Casey looked about like normal. I will agree with your last statement Lyn

Corbin 34-13
This game will be a toss up.
Wish this bowl game was on a Saturday so I could go watch should be a great game!
Corbin
Saw the three way scrimmage with Casey, Rock, and SW. In my opinion, the surprise in this scrimmage was Casey, and the disappointment was SW. All three teams looked average with noone setting themselves apart as the best Def or Off team. The reason I say SW was a disappointment was because they have freshmen, sophmore, and junior classes that all won 8th grade state titles. I thought they would look better, and I was also told that Rock dominated SW's JV on the other field??? Most scores were missed tackles or blown coverages by all three teams. I think SW will have a long season (as well as Casey and Rock). You never know until the game starts though, game situation changes everthing sometimes. From what I saw, I have to say Corbin over SW by at least 2 TD's.
HonestJohn,

I disagree with you on your summary of the scrimmage and offer a partial explanation of why SW may not look more dominant than they do.

Myself and most anyone I talked to thought SW looked by far the best with Rock following second and Casey did very little against SW or Rock. I would venture to say Casey did not have 100 yards of total offense all night and could not keep SW or Rock from scoring.

As for SW's state titles in middle school, not making excuses but there are several players from each of those teams that are no longer at SW or no longer play football. From the group of juniors, they have lost the QB, both starting HB's, and the safety. The sophomores did not actually win the state their 8th grade year but have four varsity starters that started on that 8th grade championship team as 7th graders. The freshman group that won the 8th grade state last year lost Fannin and have at least three players who are starting varsity. There are seven or eight freshman and sophomore JV players who did not play JV Friday because their primary responsibility is varsity.
Roads are totally jacked up...this may make it easier for Corbin fans to get to the field.
Lyn Turpin Wrote:HonestJohn,

I disagree with you on your summary of the scrimmage and offer a partial explanation of why SW may not look more dominant than they do.

Myself and most anyone I talked to thought SW looked by far the best with Rock following second and Casey did very little against SW or Rock. I would venture to say Casey did not have 100 yards of total offense all night and could not keep SW or Rock from scoring.

As for SW's state titles in middle school, not making excuses but there are several players from each of those teams that are no longer at SW or no longer play football. From the group of juniors, they have lost the QB, both starting HB's, and the safety. The sophomores did not actually win the state their 8th grade year but have four varsity starters that started on that 8th grade championship team as 7th graders. The freshman group that won the 8th grade state last year lost Fannin and have at least three players who are starting varsity. There are seven or eight freshman and sophomore JV players who did not play JV Friday because their primary responsibility is varsity.

You think all other schools have all the players they started with in middle school. In little league football, the Doan boy from Somerset was playing in Rockcastle Co and now he is gone. I can name twenty others that have jumped ship for greener pastures. It happens everywhere--except HHS and the private schools. I just thought SW would have been better. ROCK's JV group had two starting varsity freshman players missing for the scrimmage also, so we were without them too. SW may have been the better team, but not by much if any. I would love to see a real game between SW and Rock. I think it would be a toss-up. Sorry if I offended you, but I just thought SW would have been better with all those titles and the talent it takes to win them. Maybe the holdback kids get caught physically by the non held back kids and that is the difference??? Who knows??????
Shondue Wrote:Worst thing about the night for Corbin will be the traffic into town

follow hal rogers detour sign.Confusednicker: