Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 68 - Clay County 54
UKCC Wrote:Nice season Tigers, you got us back there and that's all that matters for now. Thank you.

As for McDaniel, get off his case. As Granny Bear said he absolutely stroked the other night. He shot a solid percentage all season. None of these boys had never even played at Rupp. Knott Central had the experience there (and although they are actually younger) are a heck of a ball club and the best team in the mountains for 2013. That being said, Clay County will go down as my number 2. They took a 6'3" center with 2 years experience, some veterans, and sophomore star and road it to Rupp. What more can you ask for?

And if you don't have Clay County in your top 3 preseason you are fooling yourself. The Tigers have one of the top 3 athletes in the mountains in my opinion in Wes Wolfe who gets better every time he steps on the floor. Blake Smith will be a year older. Who's to say there's not another Marty Bowling walking around that school? The addition of Farmer to go along with the number 1 player in the region. Get over yourselves. Knox Central should be number 1. We'll worry about that later though. It's only begun my friends. Got to start somewhere.

Everybody will have players another year older, and I've learned you can't really count on transfers until they are actually there when you're practicing Oct. 15.
I've got Knox Central, Bell County and Jackson County in the top three right now with Harlan County, Corbin, Clay close behind. North and South are always in the mix but they both lost a lot. Their JV teams were good but not great.
Middlesboro has two very good players in Poindexter and Foister but not much behind that. They've been pretty bad the past couple of years on the JV/frosh level.
FIRST Wrote:McDaniel took a lot of 3's, but most of them was late in the game. McDaniel is a great player and will be the top guard in the 13th the next two years. I would also put him in the top 3 guards in the mountains next year, along with Justice and Beverly. I thought maybe Clay should have went more to Lyttle, he was a hard guard for any big man in the 13th. I also believe he could
have been for Knott Co. as well because of his quickness. Congrats to the Tigers on a good season.
I would put McDaniel ahead of Beverly and behind Justice and I think those 3 were probably the 3 best guards in the moutains this year as sophomores and freshmen. Justice doesn't have McDaniel's athleticism and the speed McDaniel and Beverly has but man he plays composed and is stronger and bigger.
ya that my top 3 is knox bell and jackson but ya clay got some good luck this year to get the number one seed in the district if the wagers kid did not go down i don't think they would have won at jackson but we will never know that was really bad for jackson when he when out.....if jackson get a big then i see them being preseason number 1.....but anything can happ in the 13th region they play so behide everyone in the state that old slow ball is out of date.....
You must not have watched Clay average 85 in the region. They will score a lot and play fast next year. Wagers would not have started at Clay County this year. Clay was killing them when he went down and his backup came in and played a heck of a game.
So, Jackson and Clay are both looking for a big guy? Bell and Corbin don't really have a lot of size either and Knox Central has Messer but no size after that.
That could be an advantage for Harlan County with Miller, Caldwell and Massey returning.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:You must not have watched Clay average 85 in the region. They will score a lot and play fast next year. Wagers would not have started at Clay County this year. Clay was killing them when he went down and his backup came in and played a heck of a game.

I'll have to admit I was doubtful when Clay people said Bowling was as good or better than Wagers. He had a very good year though. Who was Wagers' backup. I think that's the only spot where Jackson loses a starter.
This is awesome...congrats KCC! Justice was an absolute beast.
Neeley was Wagers backup. I think he had 10 and 8 in 2.5 quarters. About 6'2 and thick. Bowling being left off the all region teams was a joke. He was the 2nd best player on the best team in the region. Clay will have 6'4 Farmer and 6'2-3 Wolfe who is the most athletic player in region next year.
3 of 17 from three and 7 of 29 overall doesn't sound like a bad shooting night to me. Sounds like a kid trying to make a name for himself at the State Tournament and shooting his team out of the game. Now from my math, that would mean the majority of Clay's shots came from McDaniel. But somehow their problems came from when he was off the ball. But what do I know?
First off Iceman, it was 8 for 24. And you obviously have never met the kid to say those things and you obviously wasn't at the game because nobody played harder than him. Ignorant comments are very common from people who do not pay attention and simply judge a kid without knowing anything about him, or the program he plays for.
Iceman, were you at Harlan Saturday night? Clay would have never made it to Rupp without McDaniel.
I'm sure he had some outside advice telling him to go put it up, mainly his brother. But I'm sure you'll gladly let the family know that. And you are the one that doesn't know about the "program" considering you only post about McDaniel. I've known the kid his whole life, watched him play even in grade school. He's a good ball player, but he did exactly what I've said all year. Takes a lot of bad shots, which is why the Tigers couldn't get in a rhythm the last 3 quarters. Also didn't help that the Tigers didn't adjust after Knott went to a zone.

Oh and sorry for mistaking his stats. The guy who keeps Clay's shot chart told me 7-29, but I guess 33% from the field isn't that bad.
And yes ---- I was at Harlan, where he shot 33% again that game (7-21). If you was in Harlan that night you would know that Lyttle and Rice were the keys to that game.
Once again wrong on shots made and taken. Iceman your posts are simply foolish. Who's going to step up and hit the big free throws at the end? You do not know this kid or anything about Clay's program. If you do you are pathetic and jealous of a winner. I'm pretty sure I've bragged on the whole team. But it looks like your posts are simply downgrading a kid who does nothing but plays his heart out and does it better than anyone else in the region. If you are a "Clay fan" then you are a dispicable one. The kid shot over 45%, 38 from 3 and 87 at the foul line. Get off his back. He's a winner and one of the reasons, along with a good supporting cast that Clay made it to Rupp this year and will have a chance the next 2 years.
That was funny eky on wagers not starting rice would not have start bowling would have play the forward spot with littie must not know much about basketball and we all know that you love McDaniel he could not tie my shoe when I played clay has had better player not play then McDaniel
Lol, these idiots. We were considered the underdog, we lose, and it's McDaniel's fault. Hands down the best player on the team the in entire season. I bet if he'd hit 3 more shots and went for 27-30 you'd be riding his jock. I love Stephon, Kody, Rice, Marty, Wes, Blake, etc. but don't get it twisted. There is a reason why Stephon and Marty had 3 a piece. BB King locked the middle down. I remember 3 entry passes to Lyttle for his shot in which they were just taken away. I'd hate to see the rebounding margin. This game is over. Both teams are done. Move on to baseball.
I wonder how Iceman played in his opener today? He's never been much of an athlete of any kind. At least he can play on the baseball team though. The best decision Marcum did all year was running some clowns off and starting Jarrod Rice. The kid was one of the best defenders in the 13th region. And iceman, if you're gonna call out kids behind a username man up and say it to the kids face. We know who you are, and jealousy is pretty sad. You could have rode the bench to Rupp but you chose not to. Nice shooting performance at halftime. Clay will be back next year. We'll start out underdogs again and be back in the mix again next year.
At least Iceman has shot the ball in Rupp unlike Eky and Ukcc. They had their moment of glory running on the court and crying and hugging Chip at the 13th region championship. Living through him is the closest those two have came to winning anything sports related.