•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2013
fence jumper Wrote:Well harlan is a 6a school but they let them stay5a so they dont have to travel as far for games and if i aint mistaken corbin scrimmage them the last two years

They refuse to even play them in the grid is what I understand.
If enrollment holds true the next redistricting will have Corbin in 4A (845). The new districts would look something like this, unless someone plays up
Corbin
Rockcastle
Russell
Boyle

Knox
Clay
Letcher
Perry

Mason
Highland
Harrison
Scott
Bourbon

Rowan
Greenup
Ashland
Boyd
If letcher perry go 4A what will that do to the 5A region? Will they just move north and south laurel in with whitley and harlan co and leave pulaski southwestern mad southern lincoln
footballfever Wrote:If letcher perry go 4A what will that do to the 5A region? Will they just move north and south laurel in with whitley and harlan co and leave pulaski southwestern mad southern lincoln

I dont think so.
In order to continue to have 6 classes, its not feasible.
However, Letcher and Perry could drop if there numbers are low enough.
That also means that 2 4A schools would have to make the jump to 5A though if Perry and Letcher end up being smaller than them.
IMO, if Perry and Letcher drop, then two schools not from EKY will make the jump and you will then see a district with Whitley, Harlan County, North, and South. The Pulaski County, SW, Madison Southern, lincoln county district will add a team from central or northern KY that is currently 4A but will end up being larger than Perry and Letcher, and one of the 5A district out west will probably add another team thats currently 4A to one of there district.

We have to remember that Perry and Letcher can get as small as they want, but until they actually drop below some teams in 4A, then they will be a 5A school, even if they have 4A numbers because the KHSAA will just restructure the enrollment numbers to where it cuts off right below those two school. IMHO, if i were Perry and Letcher, id want to stay 5A.....

Corbin is getting bigger. The town as a whole is getting larger and the population is growing. I fully believe they will be a 4A school in the next realignment. I would like to see someone do a projected mock realignment for 2015.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont think so.
In order to continue to have 6 classes, its not feasible.
However, Letcher and Perry could drop if there numbers are low enough.
That also means that 2 4A schools would have to make the jump to 5A though if Perry and Letcher end up being smaller than them.
IMO, if Perry and Letcher drop, then two schools not from EKY will make the jump and you will then see a district with Whitley, Harlan County, North, and South. The Pulaski County, SW, Madison Southern, lincoln county district will add a team from central or northern KY that is currently 4A but will end up being larger than Perry and Letcher, and one of the 5A district out west will probably add another team thats currently 4A to one of there district.

We have to remember that Perry and Letcher can get as small as they want, but until they actually drop below some teams in 4A, then they will be a 5A school, even if they have 4A numbers because the KHSAA will just restructure the enrollment numbers to where it cuts off right below those two school. IMHO, if i were Perry and Letcher, id want to stay 5A.....

Corbin is getting bigger. The town as a whole is getting larger and the population is growing. I fully believe they will be a 4A school in the next realignment. I would like to see someone do a projected mock realignment for 2015.

Western Kentucky will be getting another 6A team when Heath, Reidland and Lone Oak consolidate, I wonder how this will effect the realignment. Yeah I also would like to see a mock realignment
All they can do is take bottem 32, top 32 and divide 2A-5A into bout 40 each.
^
Exactly.
No matter the numbers, they will divide it on enrollment set by how the schools equal out to it.

Considering the population is always growing, and will continue to, 30 or 40 years from now, 1A might consist of 0-500 kids....

I wonder if anyone has done a mock of what the new realignment will look like if the numbers hold true from this year.
The 3 largest in male enrollment 1A Allen Central 199, Mayfield 199, Beechwood 196.5
Eminence smallest 65.5, Fulton City 73, Paris 96.
Pineville 6th smallest in state 109, Williamsburg 7th smallest 111.5
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Exactly.
No matter the numbers, they will divide it on enrollment set by how the schools equal out to it.

Considering the population is always growing, and will continue to, 30 or 40 years from now, 1A might consist of 0-500 kids....

I wonder if anyone has done a mock of what the new realignment will look like if the numbers hold true from this year.

I don't know if the school-age population is growing much. There are just more older people.
HDE Wrote:I don't know if the school-age population is growing much. There are just more older people.

There are more older people, but when i look at elementary schools in this part of the state, there all expanding to hold students. Even Wburg at the small number of kids they have added on a couple of years ago.
Haha of course bell has to comment and say something since there not getting all of the attention. This thread is clearly about Corbin and there potential next year not how good bell will be!!!! I also believe that Corbin is playing Middlesboro. Good luck next year guys can't wait for this rivalry.
Any news out of spring practice?
fence jumper Wrote:Well harlan is a 6a school but they let them stay5a so they dont have to travel as far for games and if i aint mistaken corbin scrimmage them the last two years

That's not true. They are a 5A school.
It was discussed BEFORE the school was opened, but the numbers were 5A.
Still nothing from spring practice? Anyone know how many kids are participating?

I hope they have some new lineman getting ready to step up. There should be an abundance of skill players, just not sure who will do the dirty work that will make the difference between them being good or average.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im not sure on the dates, but the schedule will be...

District
Bell County Away
Mccreary Central Home
Casey County Home
Wayne County Away

Non District
South Laurel Away
Danville Home
Knox Central Home
Southwestern Away
Tates Creek Home
GRC Away

The GRC and Tates Creek games are guess but the rest is for sure.
I dont if they renewed with TC and GRC or not. Theyve been playing GRC for 4 years.

The place will be electric when we play Knox, I can hardly wait
^
That should be a good money maker for both schools.
Maybe Knox fans could shed some light on how they finally convinced Corbin to play them
Whitleys been trying for 20 years with no success.
^
Not sure how we got them to play but we are sure glade that we are. The kids have been wanting this game for a long time. Can't wait either!!
^
Im almost to the point where im so-so on a Corbin/Whitley game.
I would have loved to seen it back in the 90s and early 00's when both were really good, but over the past few years Corbin has fallen off the grid.
I still think it would be a better game for Whitley then Clay would be, but only because of the gate and atmosphere. All the other non district games are much stronger games IMO, and i like that.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Im almost to the point where im so-so on a Corbin/Whitley game.
I would have loved to seen it back in the 90s and early 00's when both were really good, but over the past few years Corbin has fallen off the grid.
I still think it would be a better game for Whitley then Clay would be, but only because of the gate and atmosphere. All the other non district games are much stronger games IMO, and i like that.

The statement in bold print seems exaggerated to me. Corbin has been down the past couple of years, finishing 7-5 and 5-6, but going back the four years previous to that, their yearly record was the folllowing:

2010 - 11-3, making it to the semifinals
2009 - 10-3, making it to the regional finals
2008 - 13-1, making it to the semifinals
2007 - 11-2, making it to the regional finals
SEKYFAN Wrote:The statement in bold print seems exaggerated to me. Corbin has been down the past couple of years, finishing 7-5 and 5-6, but going back the four years previous to that, their yearly record was the folllowing:

During those years of "good seasons" you were in the worst district in the state and worst region in the state.
That 2A region was awful, and the deep playoffs showed it.

Since having to play Bell every year along with a better Wayne County program, Corbin struggle to even get a home field playoff game anymore.

I believe everyone will agree Corbins schedule before the realignment was extremely weak. And by saying last few years, i wasnt exactly wrong. The last two seasons were awful compared to what they use to be.
Have to agree with RIUTG on this one. No one has posted more inflated numbers due to playing horrible competition than Corbin. I think it gave the program as a whole a false sense of comfort as to where it was at. Now that Corbin is in a district with another mountain power (Bell County) we see that they are no longer an elite program in this area.
fence jumper Wrote:I thought that taylor would have been the qb last year.But was wrong dont see them changing it this year either.

I will be very surprised if Corey Taylor is not the starting QB this year, with Waddle switching to RB to take better advantage of his speed.
YNWA Wrote:Have to agree with RIUTG on this one. No one has posted more inflated numbers due to playing horrible competition than Corbin. I think it gave the program as a whole a false sense of comfort as to where it was at. Now that Corbin is in a district with another mountain power (Bell County) we see that they are no longer an elite program in this area.

With this criteria there's not many elite programs in this area. Harlan County?
SEKYFAN Wrote:The statement in bold print seems exaggerated to me. Corbin has been down the past couple of years, finishing 7-5 and 5-6, but going back the four years previous to that, their yearly record was the folllowing:
:hilarious:

That's the kind of results you get when you play a bunch of nobodies. Ever since Corbin moved to 3a their true power has shown. Heck if Knox central would have been in 2a all those years they would have had a bunch of winning season too.
I hear Greg Duncum will be back on staff?
panther nation Wrote:That's the kind of results you get when you play a bunch of nobodies. Ever since Corbin moved to 3a their true power has shown. Heck if Knox central would have been in 2a all those years they would have had a bunch of winning season too.

Knox had their best team ever last year and could not win the disrict, they have never won a district or region and ended up getting embarrased by 30 points to Lexington Catholic last year in the final game. When Knox wins a district then get on here and tell us how great they are. :biglmao::Clap:
panther nation Wrote:That's the kind of results you get when you play a bunch of nobodies. Ever since Corbin moved to 3a their true power has shown. Heck if Knox central would have been in 2a all those years they would have had a bunch of winning season too.

The Elite team Bell Co. has yet to win a region championship in 3A.
footballfever Wrote:I hear Greg Duncum will be back on staff?

Should be the head coach!

Jewell is done winning.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:During those years of "good seasons" you were in the worst district in the state and worst region in the state.
That 2A region was awful, and the deep playoffs showed it.

Since having to play Bell every year along with a better Wayne County program, Corbin struggle to even get a home field playoff game anymore.

I believe everyone will agree Corbins schedule before the realignment was extremely weak. And by saying last few years, i wasnt exactly wrong. The last two seasons were awful compared to what they use to be.

The district was not very strong most years, although had some pretty good teams like Middlesboro, Garrard Co., Russell Co., Leslie Co., Wayne Co., Green Co. etc. I saw some really good 2A teams in the region though, E-town, LaRue Co., Louisville Western, Russell, Newport Central Catholic, Prestonsburg.

Corbin's schedule was always rated as one of the 10 most difficult in 2A by MaxPreps and usually was one of the 5 hardest within their class. When comparing schedules, you need to copmpare within the team's class because a 5A or 6A team's overall schedule should be much more difficult than an 1A, 2A or 3A school.
SEKYFAN Wrote:The district was not very strong most years, although had some pretty good teams like Middlesboro, Garrard Co., Russell Co., Leslie Co., Wayne Co., Green Co. etc. I saw some really good 2A teams in the region though, E-town, LaRue Co., Louisville Western, Russell, Newport Central Catholic, Prestonsburg.

Corbin's schedule was always rated as one of the 10 most difficult in 2A by MaxPreps and usually was one of the 5 hardest within their class. When comparing schedules, you need to copmpare within the team's class because a 5A or 6A team's overall schedule should be much more difficult than an 1A, 2A or 3A school.

I dont think you understand where im coming from.
Corbins schedule for a 2A school was decent, but until three years ago, they had probably the weakest class in 2A and there were several 1A district stronger than there.
Having Casey, Adair, Taylor, and Russell County was just a horrible district overall. Its the reason Corbin went a decade without losing a district game.
When looking at 2A in the early 00's, in 01, they went undefeated, well because Lex Cath had to forfit there games and while 11-0 lost to Larue in the second round, in 02 against Breathitt in the state championship, they were completely blown out. The entire 2A class was bad except for one team that year. The next year, they were actually better than the year before, but overall as a class, it wasnt that tough and the next year, when they went deep again, they get beat by Williamsburg who couldnt even win there region in 1A.

We can compare Corbins schedule and how tough it is to teams in there class, but dont forget, with a few more kids, Corbin is likely to be a 4A school come the next realignment, and if so, they will continue to struggle greatly.

Duncum is a good coach. He did magic with North Laurel back in the early 00's. Dont think im simply hating on Corbin. I'd like to see them do well there. It only benefits the community, but until a change is made, its highly unlikely. Corbin has also always had a stud and a star to compliment him. I havent seen that in years.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next