• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2013
What do they have this year and what does the schedule look like?
HAROLD Wrote:What do they have this year and what does the schedule look like?

They will have more skill players than they have had in many years, with the question marks being up front and who plays QB?

Danville and Southwestern are on the schedule, along with the other 4 district teams. I'm not sure about the other 4 opponents.
South laurel and Knox central,and Waddle will be at QB he was last year he will be a senoir this year.
Im not sure on the dates, but the schedule will be...

District
Bell County Away
Mccreary Central Home
Casey County Home
Wayne County Away

Non District
South Laurel Away
Danville Home
Knox Central Home
Southwestern Away
Tates Creek Home
GRC Away

The GRC and Tates Creek games are guess but the rest is for sure.
I dont if they renewed with TC and GRC or not. Theyve been playing GRC for 4 years.
fence jumper Wrote:South laurel and Knox central,and Waddle will be at QB he was last year he will be a senoir this year.

I have heard through the grapevine that Waddle may be switching positions. Also heard that Reedy, Vorbeck and a couple of others whose names are escaping me, have been lifting and are planning on returning to the team. Reedy was a part time starter as a DB as a freshman and Vorbeck is a
very good athlete, so both of these two should be contributors this year. Was Reedy a QB in middle school?
I thought that taylor would have been the qb last year.But was wrong dont see them changing it this year either.
^
I would be surprised to see it as well.
If Corbin is able to get some of these kids that havent been playing out then they should be successful. There is enough talent in the halls at Corbin to compete every single. I would assume its up to Jewell if they can play or not.
They dont want to play for Jewell.
I'd love to see those kids get out there on the football field. I do have one complaint though. Get rid of those ridiculous looking jerseys. Corbin doesn't need those silly strips going up the side and on the shoulders. Solid Red or White with the numbers outlined in maroon and REDHOUNDS across the back is all that is necessary. It's been that way for 50 years. Also put the stripe back on the helmet!
Corbin will be a pretty good team this year. They could win the district but I think that Wayne county is the team to beat this year, IMO Corbin will finish 2nd and bell 3rd.
They had a lot of good players but I'm not sure how they are depth which will play a role as the season goes on.. But over all I look for Corbin to have a solid season.
panther nation Wrote:Corbin will be a pretty good team this year. They could win the district but I think that Wayne county is the team to beat this year, IMO Corbin will finish 2nd and bell 3rd.
They had a lot of good players but I'm not sure how they are depth which will play a role as the season goes on.. But over all I look for Corbin to have a solid season.

Aboslutely amazing how Bell can be counted out after dominating the district.for years. Did the assistant coaches change? Heard that long time assistant Willard Farris is no longer helping?
I know that all year they (Corbin People) said that one of the asst. was retiring or maybe two. Who would that be?
Who will Jewelll hire to replace ?
Close to 50 kids on their soccer team, that's not good.
redstorm Wrote:I know that all year they (Corbin People) said that one of the asst. was retiring or maybe two. Who would that be?
Who will Jewelll hire to replace ?

I think Jackie(Povy)Jewell retired. Steve's older brother.
Greg Duncum may be BACK
Wonder if Tommy Greer will be added to the staff? He didn't have much success as a head coach but has always been a solid assistant. Duncum is a fine coach!
HAROLD Wrote:Wonder if Tommy Greer will be added to the staff? He didn't have much success as a head coach but has always been a solid assistant. Duncum is a fine coach!

Greer is in administration at Corbin, so according to school district rules, he is not allowed to coach. He and Jewell do not get along very well either.
[quote=johnnyd]Aboslutely amazing how Bell can be counted out after dominating the district.for years. Did the assistant coaches change? Heard that long time assistant Willard Farris is no longer helping?[/

Not counting Bell out, they are going to go through the troubles that Corbin and some of the other teams in this area have went through. They will be really young lost most of their o-line and d-line along with a bunch of skilled players. It will be a rebuilding year for them. That is why I think they will finish 3rd in district.
footballfever Wrote:Greg Duncum may be BACK

I wouldn't count on that. Not sure he wants back to the game.. But if Greg did it would be a great help for the hounds but I wouldn't look for it to happen.
It bothers me that Corbin will play Southwestern, Knox, and two 6A schools but will not play Harlan County. It is close, within an hour drive.
Like I've always said....Jewell doesn't want his fans to see them get beat by mountain powers. I'm shocked Knox is on the schedule.
bear claw Wrote:It bothers me that Corbin will play Southwestern, Knox, and two 6A schools but will not play Harlan County. It is close, within an hour drive.

Heck, Whitleys been trying to get him to play for 20 years and were a 10 minute drive.
A Whitley/Corbin game should be scheduled before any other games are. Hopefully, that will happen in the near future.
bear claw Wrote:It bothers me that Corbin will play Southwestern, Knox, and two 6A schools but will not play Harlan County. It is close, within an hour drive.

Within an hour drive? Are you kidding me. Its 50 mins to Log Mountain. How about hour and half at best.
Corbin can be in lexington in that time. State Police can't make it in an hour to Harlan.
you must drive 55 mph.
Well harlan is a 6a school but they let them stay5a so they dont have to travel as far for games and if i aint mistaken corbin scrimmage them the last two years
^^Do you and others out there actually believe this? Please, for the love of everything, tell me you were joking about the first part of that thought.
fence jumper Wrote:Well harlan is a 6a school but they let them stay5a so they dont have to travel as far for games and if i aint mistaken corbin scrimmage them the last two years

There are many other 5A schools who are closer to 6A than Harlan County.
fence jumper Wrote:Well harlan is a 6a school but they let them stay5a so they dont have to travel as far for games and if i aint mistaken corbin scrimmage them the last two years

Both south and north laurel are bigger schools than Harlan, and they are all just 5a schools. The enrollment at the 2 laurel co school are boardering with being 6a but Harlan is infact a few hundred kids behind both of them. So you are way off base calling Harlan a 6a school. And yes they did scrimmage the last 2 years.
You all better check your numbers again.
fence jumper Wrote:You all better check your numbers again.

N Laurel last 2 year ave 681 rank 36. 4 places out of 6A 24.5 boys
S Laurel last 2 year ave 645 rank 42. 10 places our of 6A 60.5 boys
Harlan Co. last 2 year ave 628.5 rank 47 15 out and 77 boys out
Whitley 603 rank 55
fence jumper Wrote:You all better check your numbers again.

Just give up man. HC does not have 6A numbers. KHSAA will allow schools to play up a class sometimes due to travel restrictions but never down.
  • 1(current)
  • Next