Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Bowl
footballnut Wrote:Coach Haggerman at Phelps is a very talented coach...and yes the numbers go against them there,but....I feel theyll beat Valley too but Panther given a break here or there Your Panthers could get stung by the Hornets as well...Those kids are working there butts off this summer over there and Phelps is on the rise..

Thank YOU!!! :Clap:
footballnut Wrote:Coach Haggerman at Phelps is a very talented coach...and yes the numbers go against them there,but....I feel theyll beat Valley too but Panther given a break here or there Your Panthers could get stung by the Hornets as well...Those kids are working there butts off this summer over there and Phelps is on the rise..

Haha....wait ...are you ensuating Pikeville will get beat by Phelps this year. I usually dont talk in absolutes because few things are that easy to predict. But, I, in no way, could see Phelps beating Pikeville. Dont worry the game will be at Pikeville this year, so I see no breaks given, just a fairly called game. Pikeville is much better than Phelps, and Im not saying Phelps isnt trying hard. But, they arent the same caliber as Pikeville is, no offense.
"ensuating "no I dont"ensuating" any thing..But I am "insinuating' That Phelps could beat Pikeville...
Pikeville IS NOT invincible....!!! AND.... your right on one thing... If it is played at Pikeville.... Nope... Phelps don't have a chance!!!
footballnut Wrote:"ensuating "no I dont"ensuating" any thing..But I am "insinuating' That Phelps could beat Pikeville...
Smile Smile
phs1986 Wrote:[QUOTE=PantherPride68]Gotta disagree, while I respect Belfry they had quite a few down years in the late 90s and early 00s. Pikeville has had 2 losing seasons since 1984. I know that belfry has got back on track and has had some great teams in the past few years but the poster talked about consistency. As far as NY110 is concerned yes Pikeville is probably going to get beat by HC, but Id rather get beat by HC and learn alot than get beat by phelps like valley will.[/QUOTE]

HEY now... I'm from Phelps and I personally know that those kids have worked hard this off season... lifting weights... and conditioning!!! Phelps is just such a SMALL school it is hard to compete with all the "combined" schools and larger divisions!!!
I didnt mean any disrespect, sorry.
Oh... I know what ya meant!!! LOL.... I just feel that Phelps gets a "bad rap" because of their small school status...IF we ever combine with another school the talent would be unreal!!!!! LOLOL....
footballnut Wrote:"ensuating "no I dont"ensuating" any thing..But I am "insinuating' That Phelps could beat Pikeville...

Wow the school system education has failed me. Either way, bad spelling or not, Phelps will not beat Pikeville. Pikeville is beatable of course but Phelps doesnt have enough to compete with Pikeville. But, I am educated to know enough about football as to know Phelps can't beat Pikeville. Well, I wont lie English isnt my best subject thats why i have a 28 on act in it, pretty much my lowest.
^what's that got to do with the price of rice in china??? and you missed another comma in your last sentence...

but anyways.. i think the non mountain teams will beat the mountain teams.. but hopefully i'll get to go to it...
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Wow the school system education has failed me. Either way, bad spelling or not, Phelps will not beat Pikeville. Pikeville is beatable of course but Phelps doesnt have enough to compete with Pikeville. But, I am educated to know enough about football as to know Phelps can't beat Pikeville. Well, I wont lie English isnt my best subject thats why i have a 28 on act in it, pretty much my lowest.

It doesn't take someone being educated to figure out that Phelps is one-half the size of ALL the teams they compete with! Well... maybe with the exception of Jenkins..... and as for Phelps beating P-ville, stranger things have happened and who knows, they may shock some people this year!!Confusedhh:
I say that Belfry will beat NCC, Pikeville will lose to Henry Clay and Valley will beat Phelps.
Henry Clay will most likely beat Pikeville. Does that mean that Pikeville wont be good at football this year? No! Lets face it, Pikeville is Pikeville, a football school who year in and year out, over time is one of the most sucessfull football teams in this area, maybe even the state for their size.

Belfry, the last few years Belfry has pretty much been unstopable by any school in this area, and most in the state. I just thik it is bad that people from the mountians, 20 minutes away would be for a team that isnt from the area. What ever happened to cheering for the local people when they play against the down state teams?
Warlock Wrote:Henry Clay will most likely beat Pikeville. Does that mean that Pikeville wont be good at football this year? No! Lets face it, Pikeville is Pikeville, a football school who year in and year out, over time is one of the most sucessfull football teams in this area, maybe even the state for their size.

Belfry, the last few years Belfry has pretty much been unstopable by any school in this area, and most in the state. I just thik it is bad that people from the mountians, 20 minutes away would be for a team that isnt from the area. What ever happened to cheering for the local people when they play against the down state teams?
I agree with you on that:Thumbs:
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Who's playing whom this year in the Pike Co. Bowl, and when is it?

Here's what I saw a while back :

Friday, 8/18 @ Belfry
6:00 : Phelps-Shelby Valley; 8:30 : Belfry-Newport Central Catholic

Saturday, 8/19 @ Pikeville
6:00 : Pike Central-East Ridge; 8:30 : Pikeville-Henry Clay
Henry Clay would beat a Pike County All-Star team probably and they will handle the Panthers easy like they did Belfry last year. University of Virginia commit Chase Minnifield may be the best player in Kentucky this year and should be fun to watch.

NCC and Belfry should be a good game...hopefully the Pirates come out on top.
Warlock Wrote:Henry Clay will most likely beat Pikeville. Does that mean that Pikeville wont be good at football this year? No! Lets face it, Pikeville is Pikeville, a football school who year in and year out, over time is one of the most sucessfull football teams in this area, maybe even the state for their size.

I agree I root for all mountain schools exept when they play Pikeville. It would be awesome if Pikeville and Belfry were both playing in theyre respective state title games Id root for Belfry and I believe theyd root for us too. IMO the main reason why most everyone roots against us in this area is simple its called JEALOUSY!
Why do you think Phelps will beat Valley? Valley has a very experienced football coach in Saunders. He has built very good programs where he has been and we think he will do the same here
cats 6969 Wrote:Why do you think Phelps will beat Valley? Valley has a very experienced football coach in Saunders. He has built very good programs where he has been and we think he will do the same here

Can Saunders go on the field and play for ya?
He wont be there long enough to build squat..same old Valley
I am looking forward to the PCB. I am marking the days off my calander untill football season like most of the posters on here are. I think Belfry will be on top. I think HC will beat Pikevile. That doesnt mean that I wont be on Pikevilles side during that game. I am for any local team that plays the down staters.
footballnut Wrote:Can Saunders go on the field and play for ya?
He wont be there long enough to build squat..same old Valley
Youre absolutley right. I hate to keep bashing valley but theyre track record speaks for itself.
PantherPride68 Wrote:I agree I root for all mountain schools exept when they play Pikeville. It would be awesome if Pikeville and Belfry were both playing in theyre respective state title games Id root for Belfry and I believe theyd root for us too. IMO the main reason why most everyone roots against us in this area is simple its called JEALOUSY!

It would be awesome to have both Belfry & Pikeville in Louisville someday playing for a State Title. It would be one big Pike County party baby. I would have my Belfry RED on for sure, but I'd also have a little Maroon mixed somewhere in :yikes: Smile .....As bad as the blood used to be between Belfry & Pikeville, us mountain folks have to stick together sometimes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:It would be awesome to have both Belfry & Pikeville in Louisville someday playing for a State Title. It would be one big Pike County party baby. I would have my Belfry RED on for sure, but I'd also have a little Maroon mixed somewhere in :yikes: Smile .....As bad as the blood used to be between Belfry & Pikeville, us mountain folks have to stick together sometimes.
That would definately be when country comes to town LOL!!!!!
That side of Papa Johns would be packed out for sure.
So Belfry has Friday night game and Pikeville Saturday games this year at the PCB?
No offense to either team, but I dont see both teams both making it to Papa John's anytime soon. Belfry might make it, but Pikeville still has some work to do.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:You seem to go out of your way to show us that you dont like Pikeville. I think by now we all realize you don't, so you dont have to express it so harshly all the time. We get the point.

Aww is someone getting mad
bball fan Wrote:I agree with you on this one youknowwhoibe!! NYY10 hates Pikeville and that is very surprising. With him being a frontrunner (Yankee fan) I would think he would be a fan of the most consistent winning school in the region!!

I never did say I hate Pikeville, I just dont like the way they act, They act like there the best in the whole state of Kentucky and to say that i would be a fan of the most consistent winning school in the region, well if you count Valley as that then yea I am, considering I from there
Valley and Phelps will be a great game,both teams has been workin hard but I just see Valley taking this one
NYY10 Wrote:Valley and Phelps will be a great game,both teams has been workin hard but I just see Valley taking this one

After the game U gonna help them dig that big Stinger outta there butts?
LMAO.....:thatsfunn
I predict,
Henry Clay 44 Pikeville 7
NCC 13 Belfry 7