Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 57 - Hazard 52
Lol. I loved it when he was messing with #3 funny stuff. Guy has to be one of the quickest if not the quickest in the 14th. Looks to be a very nice player
KHSAA12 Wrote:Owootoah with 19pts,15ast, and 8 steals.

That's impossible since the rest of the team only had 13 field goals.
^Both sides had those exact stats in the books at the end of the game for Owootoah. Just posting what was in the books.
Harrow would destroy this kid. There is no comparison in a 21 yr old starting PG that has NBA potential and a 5'9 kid playing at Cordia. Kid might be good but lets get real. If he was that great he would already have an idea of where he's going. Pretty amazing he had 15 assists when the team only had 13 field goals. That has to be a record of some sort!
^Nvr compared the two, go back and look at what I said. And whoever thinks Harrow is a elite pg In the ncaa please have yourself checked. Pg at Missouri is top pg in the sec bar none. I would nvr compare e to harrow. But I posted what was in the books. Take it up with Hazard n Cordias book keepers. Both had 15ast. Besides 13 is just 2 off. Lord forgive for I have sinned.
They must can't count. I seen 2-3 players in the highlight that scored without his pass causing it. Harrow is a top 10 PG in NCAA imo. It took him awhile to get with the program but he has been very solid.
^That's right in your opinion. Don't see it when UK lookin to be a 10 seed in the tournament. Needs to take some lessons from pressy imo before he can be top ten. Harrow will NOT go pro btw. Mark it down. And like I said go to the book keepers and rant son. Both books had it.
Harrow isn't as good as Pressey. His pro potential is equal to because of his size and equal quickness. I think Pressey is top 3 PG's in country and could be argued at #1. Just contacted a friend that watched the game and the steals and points were correct. He said 4 or 5 assists.
A friend that watched? Thats more credible then the stat keepers. My bad. I watched the game as well I'm callin at least 10 ast.
This friend is a pretty credible source. If they had 13 fg, that means he would have NOT had an assist on only 3 of the teams buckets. I watched the highlights and seen 2 plays where he was not in any way involved with the score.
Obviously the stat keepers are bozos!
^Equals out to about 10 dimes my friend. Do the math.
C'mon now guys...
let's get along
Just a friendly debate haha. I'm going to have to watch Cordia play soon. I'd like to see them beat KCC. It'd make a nice story and prove they are region contenders.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Harrow is a top 10 PG in NCAA imo. It took him awhile to get with the program but he has been very solid.

Agreed. For the last month Harrow has been really good at the PG position. Not the best but he is clearly top 10 in the nation in a very weak year for college players.
Is E as good as Harrow, we all know the answer to this. But to say this kid can't play D-1 is stupid. Everyone remember VCU, made it to the final four with a PG about 5'7"...this kid can flat play. He is a true PG in all sense of the word, a true floor general who can make all the passes. This kid doesn't have to even score and he would still look like one of the best players if not the best everytime he plays. I don't know why Harrow was even brought up, why mention Kentucky? For someone to be D-1 material doesn't mean they have to be compared to UK. This kid could go to several places and see playing time eventually
But Harrow is a top PG in the country, he got off to a slow start yes but lately not many have played better. I know he went through a 4 game stretch where he only had 1 turnover.
KHSAA12 Wrote:[quote=HD28]Being a UK fan, I hope and pray this kid goes to Tennessee...and starts.[/QU

Dont tell me your one of these UK fans that think Harrows a beast??:biglmao:

Nope. Not a beast. But he'd wear ooowatoooooooaoooooatttoooah's head out. I pray he goes to UT so he can take his 5'9 frame and get some of the Harrison twins. As far as Arizona goes, I saw a 6'1 Gabe York play in the king of the bluegrass. He's at Arizona. Riding the pine. Twice as athletic as this kid. :biglmao:
KHSAA12 Wrote:^Both sides had those exact stats in the books at the end of the game for Owootoah. Just posting what was in the books.

Crazy Horse Wrote:Is E as good as Harrow, we all know the answer to this. But to say this kid can't play D-1 is stupid. Everyone remember VCU, made it to the final four with a PG about 5'7"...this kid can flat play. He is a true PG in all sense of the word, a true floor general who can make all the passes. This kid doesn't have to even score and he would still look like one of the best players if not the best everytime he plays. I don't know why Harrow was even brought up, why mention Kentucky? For someone to be D-1 material doesn't mean they have to be compared to UK. This kid could go to several places and see playing time eventually

Yea, but his biggest fan on here says UT is heavily involved. Given his math skills or his willingness to take things at face value from the score books, I question his credibility. And HE brought up Harrow, as if to insinuate this Kid was in his league. All because he crossed some slow mountain boys up. :biglmao:btw, was it 10 or 15 assists? I don't know what to believe anymore. :igiveup:
HD28 Wrote:Yea, but his biggest fan on here says UT is heavily involved. Given his math skills or his willingness to take things at face value from the score books, I question his credibility. And HE brought up Harrow, as if to insinuate this Kid was in his league. All because he crossed some slow mountain boys up. :biglmao:btw, was it 10 or 15 assists? I don't know what to believe anymore. :igiveup:

Tennessee's coach being at the game is all you need to know about Tennessee. This kid is being contacted big time by college coaches, I promise that. All this college hype is true. I don't know anything about stats, I turned my radio off as soon as the game ended but the attention from D-1 programs is truthful. Ut is heavily involved!! I must admit Hazard is pretty slow, but we all have eyes, we know when we see someone special. Watch him one time in person and you'll see how fast he actually is
I watched a special player last year. His name was Jaysean Paige. This kid isn't in the same boat as him. Jaysean is at a JUCO now (grades I assume), but had the abilities to be D1. If you are going to play D1 at 5'9 you better be like Anthony Hickey, pure energy, defense, and pass first with the ability to knock down shots. For Cordia having to bring in an 8th grader to knock down free throws at the end of the game speaks volumes. If he ends up at UT, and actually plays, he will see a real player in Andrew Harrison.
Lol I love hs basketball time. Let's hope thus kid is at least in the same boat as jaysean. Losing first round of district is always a good way to end a senior season.
good point but that buckhorn team was tough I have not seen this cordia team play but im sure that buckhorn team from last year would give them a run for their money
What is going on with hazard? maybe I was wrong I apologize zaga I guess Al didnt throw out everything to try to win this game. Do you know something we dont know bout hazard?
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:I watched a special player last year. His name was Jaysean Paige. This kid isn't in the same boat as him. Jaysean is at a JUCO now (grades I assume), but had the abilities to be D1. If you are going to play D1 at 5'9 you better be like Anthony Hickey, pure energy, defense, and pass first with the ability to knock down shots. For Cordia having to bring in an 8th grader to knock down free throws at the end of the game speaks volumes. If he ends up at UT, and actually plays, he will see a real player in Andrew Harrison.

Hickey had something this boy doesn't, a college ready body. E will have to build some strength in the weight room before he gets to play but he does has the speed of Hickey. I agree with you, and he is not as good as Anthony Hickey was but he is pass first and can score the ball well enough. Anthony Hickey and Elisha Justice was both special high school players, don't see many of them come through KY
Tailback44 Wrote:What is going on with hazard? maybe I was wrong I apologize zaga I guess Al didnt throw out everything to try to win this game. Do you know something we dont know bout hazard?

Thompson went out injured in this game, if he doesn't go out hurt, with his ability to shoot the 3 ball Hazard could have very easily of won this game. Hazard is unhealthy at the moment, that will improve come region unless something major happens. But Big Al always has something up his sleeve
with the youth of knott central you might be adding justice to that list within the next two years.
Not taking anything away from that buckhorn team. They was amazing. But if jaysean was better then Owootoah wouldn't he have as many D-1 looks as E?? Emmanuel has at least 7 BIG time colleges flocking over him. If jaysean was sure fired d-1 why couldn't he lead a better Perry team against a buckhorn team with one naia player? Just don't add up to me. Think he was blown up due to athletic ability no pure skill. E has better vision, ball iq, and more craft to his game then paige. Paige was just the more superior athlete. We'll see where Cordia is come tournament time.
OK, I've watched all I can take in this thread. I had to post.

I was at the game and I actually looked at the score book after the game.

Cordia scored 57 total points. They were 12-21 from the free throw line. Owootoah had 19 points. Now, I wish someone smarter than me would explain how the kid had 15 assists? He may have had 4-5 assists and that's it.

I have nothing against him and I think he's a great young player but let's get real. You aren't doing these kids any favors by over hyping them and blowing up their stats.
One player has nothing to do with the outcome of a game. It's 5 on 5, not 1 on 5. Hatcher held Jaysean back. I saw the kid, he was a monster. He's dominating at a good JUCO and will be D1 if he keeps his head on straight.