Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your All-State Team
Perty Goood
groundattack Wrote:Logan Cart is better than Jacob Hyde. Bertram, Jackson and Clyburn are the best 3 LB's in the state. Deandre Farris needs to be on the list. I would put the WR from Frankfort on 1st team with Timmons, and Quick. Alot of the kids on this list are on there due to their reputation. I think if you polled coaches Cart is better than Bivin. Just what I have heard around the water cooler.

Jabari Jordan needs to be on the first team. He was more disruptive than Jason Hatcher but Hatcher gets all the pub due to his size.

Deandre Farris from Collins put up amazing numbers agains quality competition. He should be on the top 3.

This team is just another case in which kids are acknowledged more on the accomplishments of their team and their reputation.

I notice Matt Elam is on the 1st team OL, but if you talk to their coaches isn't he primarily a DT?

Elam was first-team All-State last year (2011) as a defensive tackle. You are correct. When you use the Google, most instances refer to his defensive position first.

He would be -- and is -- a very good offensive lineman, but to make first-team All-State at a position he plays far less than his primary one (DT) doesn't make sense to me.

JH often pulls Elam out in certain offensive sets so it can rest him for defense.
^ see I didn't know that about Elam, but I watched some film on him, a good amount offense, and he was dominating people in front of him. so my impression was he went both ways.

Also, Jabari Jordan was very good, but the games I saw in person, Hatcher was double teamed most of the time. For Moeller and Cincy St. X to double a defensive end is a heck of a statement.

Aaron Jackson is a phenomenal football player, a better football player than Necarious Fant, but not a better WR.
toussaints Wrote:^ see I didn't know that about Elam, but I watched some film on him, a good amount offense, and he was dominating people in front of him. so my impression was he went both ways.

Also, Jabari Jordan was very good, but the games I saw in person, Hatcher was double teamed most of the time. For Moeller and Cincy St. X to double a defensive end is a heck of a statement.

Aaron Jackson is a phenomenal football player, a better football player than Necarious Fant, but not a better WR.

I appreciate yourbteam but you proved that there are always issues with any team. If you talk to trinity coaches you would understand how good Jordan is. Also there are always omissions from every team. I personally feel there are some good players from teams that are not household names that are top level players. Again however you omit a guy from highlands, bowling green, cov cath or wherever and this board lights up because of their team success. However you omit an offensive line,an from rural high school with 1aa offers and people point out his team only won seven games.