Poll: Cooper @ Harlan County who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
72.22%
Cooper
27.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooper @ Harlan County 11-23-2012
I've said to family and friends all year long that it will take a really good passing team to eliminate the bears, that i didn't think a running team could beat them when they are playing defense the way they are now. Looking at the stats these two teams seem evenly matched with a slight edge to Harlan on both sides of the ball, with that being said, i have to give a small edge to harlan county due to that smothering defense plus the biggest advantage being at home, the bears are just awesome when at home.

Harlan-28
Cooper-22
If Cooper runs the ball as much as Harlan County, then IMO, HC will win this one handidly.
I was under the impression Cooper was a very balanced offense.
Granny Bear Wrote:^
I know what you meant.....
Wink

Haha, i just now noticed and changed it.
[YOUTUBE="To The Cooper Faithful"]9C541d1Z3e0[/YOUTUBE]
Don't know much about cooper but I can tell you one thing for sure people say that cooper likes to hit well they had better be ready cause Harlan loves to hit and hit they just keep coming at you there is no quit in this black bear team. That is they way they are taught by a very good and respectful coach in Tom Larky.
Right know the way Harlan is playing not to sure if anyone could beat them. They have found their stride and are hitting on all 8. This team has a real good shot at bringing home the title this year. Really hope to see it happen too... Good luck black bears!!!!
RIUTG, that video was amazing!! I recognized the picture of the Texaco gas station and Corner Store at Loyall, KY. We used to walk to the Corner Store when I was in the 9th grade. Back then, it was a junior high school and had grades 7, 8 and 9. Goldie's hot dogs were infamous because of her special homemade chilie. That was also the same corner where thugs took a couple of shots at Cody Long. One of them actually hit the owner of the Corner Store. He survived but took that bullet to the grave with him,many many years later.

Thank you for the tribute!! Sure took me down memory lane!!
First, I want to say thanks to riutg, that was awesome!!!

Second, I'm sure you do have a good defense but you have never seen what's coming at you this week...we are the number one rushing team in the state of KY...other teams have tried, so look out here it comes.

GO BEARS!!!!!
I have been watching cooper on you tube and Ihigh and they will not come down here and run over the Bears! I can't wait til Friday! I love how the mountain people come together! City folks drive the buses and come on down here. We give no respect cause we mountain teams never get any. It's like what mike Tyson said everyone has a game plan until they get hit in the mouth!

That being said
HC -45
Cooper- 14
Cooper will show they are no joke. There very impressive run game will allow them to control the clock.
Jags 21 Bears 7

Cooper should keepe there helmets on and head to the bus after this game.
Bears win in a close one. HC 21 Cooper 17
And Harlan County will show their no joke. If Cooper comes in with a control clock mentality...I don't think they can win. That is what HC is best at.

As for putting your helmets on and heading for the bus....I think Highlands will be quick to tell you...Cooper will not be treated better anywhere. I don't know why you posted that BS....but it's just that.....BS.
Believe this TNT-MB1, no one in Harlan County thinks Cooper is a joke!! I personally respect that this school, with the same 5 year history as HC, as a contender. As far as the running game is concerned; there's respect there as well. HC is a running team, and actually gained a little more than 1,000 yards MORE in rushing yards as Cooper throughout this year.

You're gonna see a massive amount of Black Bears cheering and supporting their team on Friday, but you won't need to keep your helmets on while going to the bus!
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Cooper will show they are no joke. There very impressive run game will allow them to control the clock.
Jags 21 Bears 7

They may have controlled the clock in the past but you have never come up against the FILTHY ANIMAL defense, we are smash mouth and will be in the QB's face all night long..
To your second comment, you will find these mountain people will treat your team with respect and there will be no need to keep your helmets on or your heads down as you head to your bus.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Cooper will show they are no joke. There very impressive run game will allow them to control the clock.
Jags 21 Bears 7

2nd part is about one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on here.
Oh yea...BTW it's "their" helmets for all you proper NKY folk....:popcorn:
Jags 21 Bears 7

This comment was uncalled for. The Black Bear Nation has always been gracious to their opponents!! You obviously don't have a clue!! You'll see if you make the trip down to Harlan County!! We all have respect for our opponents. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
Bear_Paw Wrote:Oh yea...BTW it's "their" helmets for all you proper NKY folk....:popcorn:

Too many blows to the head without a helmet on maybe.
TNT...If you come to the game please identify yourself so we can be sure to provide you an extra dose of hospitality....
Thx RIUTG! That was great!
Bear_Paw Wrote:Oh yea...BTW it's "their" helmets for all you proper NKY folk....:popcorn:

Please don't lump the rest of us Northern Kentuckians together with TNT....his avatar speaks for itself.

Someone needs some hugs, and some common sense. We know Cooper kids will be safe. I'll be talking with their principal this morning at church about keeping an eye out for deer and elk during the commute. Thanks again for the heads up Granny Bear.
Jags 21 Bears 7

21 points???? Seriously? Cooper puts up 35+ and wins by 3 TD's. The Jag weapons are too diverse for the Bears to control. Five TD's is a minimum for Cooper.
Can't wait until "BLACK FRIDAY"!!! GO BEARS!
Stardust Wrote:21 points???? Seriously? Cooper puts up 35+ and wins by 3 TD's. The Jag weapons are too diverse for the Bears to control. Five TD's is a minimum for Cooper.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. I hope your opinion inspires the Black Bears to prove you wrong!!! Go Black Bears!!!
Stardust Wrote:21 points???? Seriously? Cooper puts up 35+ and wins by 3 TD's. The Jag weapons are too diverse for the Bears to control. Five TD's is a minimum for Cooper.

If they win by 3 TD's they will have to score much more than 35. BTW are you not the same guy that said Pulaski would beat us?
Black Bear Grandmom Wrote:Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. I hope your opinion inspires the Black Bears to prove you wrong!!! Go Black Bears!!!

Why would they be reading a Social Media website to find their inspiration :biggrin:
Bear_Paw Wrote:If they win by 3 TD's they will have to score much more than 35. BTW are you not the same guy that said Pulaski would beat us?

Yes, but PC is not Cooper :thatsfunn

Oh yeah?? Hmmmm....let's look at your track record at predicting the winners against Harlan County. We only have to go back to Friday night. I believe I remember you predicting Pulaski county by 8. 64SUR was MUCH closer; his prediction was HC 48; PC 12.

I agree that we have our work cut out for us, especially with Cooper's passing offense, but you've sold us short all year.

Black Bears will win this game, dusty....listen and respect your elders!!!
Confusednicker:
Spirit100 Wrote:Please don't lump the rest of us Northern Kentuckians together with TNT....his avatar speaks for itself.

Someone needs some hugs, and some common sense. We know Cooper kids will be safe. I'll be talking with their principal this morning at church about keeping an eye out for deer and elk during the commute. Thanks again for the heads up Granny Bear.

Ain't no joke about the deer and elk. Nothing will look worse on the front of your Escalade than a 1200 Bull.
Stardust Wrote:Why would they be reading a Social Media website to find their inspiration :biggrin:

I think they may look through from time to time, against the wishes of coaches and parents.

Keep trash talking...if you ever get here for a visit you may have to keep your helmet on while walking to your car!!!
:lmao:
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next