Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Skilled Players
Al Baker was a heck of a back and there was a tremendous amount of hype with him coming to UK. He never really lived up to the expectations, because they were set so high...perhaps unjustly.

Nonetheless, I had the opportunity to see him in the State Track Meet on two occasions and he was amazingly fast and was by no means a small guy. If I remember correctly he won the 100m back to back to back.
laker20 Wrote:Al Baker was a heck of a back and there was a tremendous amount of hype with him coming to UK. He never really lived up to the expectations, because they were set so high...perhaps unjustly.

Nonetheless, I had the opportunity to see him in the State Track Meet on two occasions and he was amazingly fast and was by no means a small guy. If I remember correctly he won the 100m back to back to back.

I also saw him run back in 1986 at the State Track Meet at UK. He and Quinton are two totally different backs. Quinton is fast while Al was fast and strong. Like a Marshawn Lynch.
He was a high school all american. Played for Trigg County One of the top high school rb in the country in the early 80s. I remember it was a big deal when Mayfield broke his 100 yard game rushing streak by holding him to 60. Hell of a rb though had. Power and speed.
DevilWatcher Wrote:I also saw him run back in 1986 at the State Track Meet at UK. He and Quinton are two totally different backs. Quinton is fast while Al was fast and strong. Like a Marshawn Lynch.

He was a Marshawn Lynch type. I believe in 86 he won both the 100 and 200 in Class 2A. I was at the finish line watching the 100 and he looked like a truck coming down the track in under 11 if I remember correctly.
The post said "Who are the best skilled players you have seen in action this year? I think some of us have gotten off track! I am looking forward to seeing the kid from Madison southern, IF they get past perry!
In reference to Al Baker previously

http://www.biggerfasterstronger.com/uplo...lBaker.pdf
Good Pedigree....not all-American ...
laker20 Wrote:In reference to Al Baker previously

http://www.biggerfasterstronger.com/uplo...lBaker.pdf
I pulled that link up, Printed it out. Took it to McDonalds and they wouldn't even give me a cup of coffee for it! The legend lives, I guess but this is about todays players. Take Al to the general discusion thread for nursing homes!
whitepantherking Wrote:I pulled that link up, Printed it out. Took it to McDonalds and they wouldn't even give me a cup of coffee for it! The legend lives, I guess but this is about todays players. Take Al to the general discusion thread for nursing homes!

Given your personality, they probably didn't want you hanging out all morning ruining the atmosphere........did they turn down your money as well.

In all honesty, the one thing this site doesn't need is people like you policing the threads. It is a discussion group, and most discussions between logical individuals evolve to some extent.

:gtfo:
Wow Laker, that's what I'm talking bout. At least this time he didn't threaten to have some kid taken out. But on topic I want to share a thought with all of you about a great player. I understand by the D1 colleges, he may be a little undersized (wtf), but you have got to consider Jonathan Jackson. Here is the history on this kid, in 2007.2008 we were in a downward spiral at Mayfield. We couldn't even get to the state semi finals, which broke a streak of something like 15 years. He comes in as a Freshman in 2009. That year we go 13-2 and were state runners up. In 2010 he became the main workhorse on offense along with Guhy and some receivers of course, and we go 15-0 and state champs. His junior year he was even more of the focal point and we go 14-1 and state runners up. This year we are 10-1 and he is the beast that feeds the program. No we go from struggling by our standards to so far 52-3 with this kid in. He has the all time record for all time leading rusher and all time leading tackler. He also either has the record or is about to get the record for all time touchdown leader. If this kid does not deserve this mention than no one does.
I'm sorry 4 losses instead of 3.
Jonathon Jackson from the Mayfield Cardinals. He is a beast that not only plays both ways but owns career records for the historic team.
Well I think Friday nights game shows just how true our statement is about Jackson. He goes out and runs for over 300 yds, 4 tds and god knows how many tackles. I hope he does that good this week.
I like threads like this one because instead of talking (or trash talking) about one team or another, we get to talk about the people who really make Kentucky High School football special, the individual players. Maybe every kid isn't the standout player who gets mentioned in these threads, but no kid who straps on a helmet on Friday night should be ridiculed.

Here are a few kids from smaller schools:

Dalton Sizemore, QB, Williamsburg - 2,781 passing yards, 36 passing TDs, 11 INTs, 462 rushing yards, 5 rushing TDs

Ty Saragas, QB, Harlan - 1,902 passing yards, 23 passing TDs, ONLY 6 INTs!!!

Tanner Mike, RB (but he plays anywhere they need him), Pineville - 890 rushing yards, 9 rushing TDs, 220 receiving yards, 2 receiving TDs. He even threw 5 passes for 65 yards and snagged 3 picks on defense.

Skyler Griffith, WR, Williamsburg - 1,050 yards, 12 TDs, 6 picks on defense (including 2 pick sixes)

Corey Shelton, WR, Williamsburg - 1,007 yards, 19 TDs, 5 picks on defense (including 1 pick six)

These numbers came from the Riherds KHSAA Scoreboard website.
Numbers can be construed. I wont mention any names but there is a team in our area that has a pretty good back that carries the ball all the time for that team. If the team is winning by 50, he is still running. So naturally that kid is gonna have eye popping numbers. Jackson on the other hand plays on a team that doesn't do that. I think he got to run the ball twice against Fulton and about the same against Fulton Co. He barely got to run against Caverna. He was out of the game for the second half of the game in the Madisonville game and most of the second half against Marshall Co and Graves Co. If you put that all together he has gotten about 3 1/2 games less than other kids at this point. The other back that is in this area that I was referring to has played every down of every game.
mysonis55 Wrote:Numbers can be construed. I wont mention any names but there is a team in our area that has a pretty good back that carries the ball all the time for that team. If the team is winning by 50, he is still running. So naturally that kid is gonna have eye popping numbers. Jackson on the other hand plays on a team that doesn't do that. I think he got to run the ball twice against Fulton and about the same against Fulton Co. He barely got to run against Caverna. He was out of the game for the second half of the game in the Madisonville game and most of the second half against Marshall Co and Graves Co. If you put that all together he has gotten about 3 1/2 games less than other kids at this point. The other back that is in this area that I was referring to has played every down of every game.

I think i know who you are talking about. He is a good back but k bet he has more than double the carrys that Jackson has.
Nick Britt was the best Rb I saw this year. Extremely fast from the stance to the line of scrimmage just like Mark Higgs.
Who does britt play for?
I tell you Nussbaum from Bwood and the kid from Frankfort are two really good backs as well.
mysonis55 Wrote:Who does britt play for?

Russell County
Is that where Googie Hayes is now. He is qb for one of the Russell teams. I wish we still had him.
mysonis55 Wrote:Numbers can be construed. I wont mention any names but there is a team in our area that has a pretty good back that carries the ball all the time for that team. If the team is winning by 50, he is still running. So naturally that kid is gonna have eye popping numbers. Jackson on the other hand plays on a team that doesn't do that. I think he [Jackson] got to run the ball twice against Fulton and about the same against Fulton Co. He barely got to run against Caverna. He was out of the game for the second half of the game in the Madisonville game and most of the second half against Marshall Co and Graves Co. If you put that all together he has gotten about 3 1/2 games less than other kids at this point. The other back that is in this area that I was referring to has played every down of every game.

Jonathan Jackson is a STUD and deserves all the accolades and records he has earned (1,225 rushing yards with 23 TDs, 264 receiving yards with 3 more TDs according to Riherds as of 11/9). It wouldn't surprise me if these numbers are wrong and he actually has MORE. Tackles weren't listed for some reason, but I hear he has a BUNCH! He'll play on Saturdays.

My question, 55, is this? Why bash another kid at another school to try to make Jackson look even BETTER? He looks great as is! I think you took a petty shot at another kid. Just because you didn't name him or his team, it's pretty easy to figure it out. I'm all the way over here in little ol' podunk Williamsburg and I know who you're talking about.

I kinda thought that the trash talk on BGR ended with just bashing TEAMS. There's no need to make a claim that a kid's numbers are overinflated just to make you feel better about a Mayfield player. I'm sure Jonathon Jackson could care less how many touches that other kid got this year. You could have made your point by omitting the bold printed statements above and adding "Jackson" to the bold print I indicated and just leaving the other kid out of it.

Bash other teams all you want but leave individual kids alone.
Avery, well smart a**, who is it. I did not take a shot at anyone. I simply said stats can be construed. The particular back that I am referring to is a very good back. I did not take a shot at the kid. I made a statement so that everyone could understand how they could be construed. I would never take a shot at a kid and don't appreciate someone stating that I did. I intentionally did not name a school or a kid. There are 13 teams that I would consider in this area. I don't know how you could draw a conclusion from that. You are simply pissed because people have been pointing out what an ignorant a** you are on other sites. The fact is, you keep proving it just like this.
AVERY BULLOCK :theman: mysonis55 has met is match with AVERY:ilikeit:
mysonis55 Wrote:Avery, well smart a**, who is it. I did not take a shot at anyone. I simply said stats can be construed. The particular back that I am referring to is a very good back. I did not take a shot at the kid. I made a statement so that everyone could understand how they could be construed. I would never take a shot at a kid and don't appreciate someone stating that I did. I intentionally did not name a school or a kid. There are 13 teams that I would consider in this area. I don't know how you could draw a conclusion from that. You are simply pissed because people have been pointing out what an ignorant a** you are on other sites. The fact is, you keep proving it just like this.

HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!!! I made you call me a name! I WIN!!!

“If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.” -Elbert Hubbard

Any reasonable person (east of I-24) would "construe" the words in your post the same way I did. You were trying to make a case for a Mayfield player's numbers being lower than they would have been had he seen more action and played more downs. Your point is valid. However, you don't have to single out a particular player from another team to help you make your point. Just because you're being coy and not naming the kid outright doesn't carry water.

As I pointed out, you could have made your point and showed how stats can be misleading without mentioning anyone else at all. On the one hand you made the point that had Jackson played every down like "Player X" from "Team X" did, Jackson's numbers would be much higher. I agree with that opinion without exception! By making the comparison with another kid, you also opened the argument that had "Player X" played 3 1/2 fewer games like Jackson, then "Player X's" numbers wouldn't be so "eye popping."

Maybe it would be best for you to apologize for your mistake instead of wasting time calling me names. My neighbor's kid calls me "doody head" all the time. I'm used to it.
Gotta give a look at Bourbon County WR Jaxson Hilander as well. The kid has incredible speed and has multipke touchdown catches per game. Definitely and all district player if not all state. Bourbon County is really stacked this year at the skill positions.
Sounds like your neighbors kids are point on by looking at the crap you post. Now, I did in no way mention any kid or team for that matter. If you think you know who I am talking about then you would have said who it was. The fact is you don't, therefore I didn't put a kid down. Go back into your cave, or just wait until Fri when the Bulldogs put you back in it.:please:
Max Nussbaum is one of the best football players in the state. Plays for Beechwood. Multi-sport player. Have not seen most of the players called out on this thred, but would take Nussbaum on any team in the state except maybe Trinity.
Avery Bullock Wrote:HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!!! I made you call me a name! I WIN!!!

“If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.” -Elbert Hubbard

Any reasonable person (east of I-24) would "construe" the words in your post the same way I did. You were trying to make a case for a Mayfield player's numbers being lower than they would have been had he seen more action and played more downs. Your point is valid. However, you don't have to single out a particular player from another team to help you make your point. Just because you're being coy and not naming the kid outright doesn't carry water.

As I pointed out, you could have made your point and showed how stats can be misleading without mentioning anyone else at all. On the one hand you made the point that had Jackson played every down like "Player X" from "Team X" did, Jackson's numbers would be much higher. I agree with that opinion without exception! By making the comparison with another kid, you also opened the argument that had "Player X" played 3 1/2 fewer games like Jackson, then "Player X's" numbers wouldn't be so "eye popping."

Maybe it would be best for you to apologize for your mistake instead of wasting time calling me names. My neighbor's kid calls me "doody head" all the time. I'm used to it.

Hey research master go find some info you can spin to make Oneida look more than the mediocre team they are. But they beat Cumberland Gap. Ha! Ha! Cumberland Gap is a bigger school. Ranked 245 out of about only 300 or so football playing schools. Lol!
Better yet, let's see him figure out what player, heck even what team I am talking about. I bet he has a computer program for that too.