Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Skilled Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Who are the best skilled players you have seen in action this year?

For me ...

QB - Zach Carmichael (Anderson County) - Really nice touch on the ball, really accurate for the HS level. The main reason Anderson is as competitive as they are in 5A.

RB - Kentayvus Hopkins (Bourbon County) - I have been to a few of Bourbon's game this year, and I believe it is more impressive to watch him run behind such a dismal line, than it was to run free last year. Also, most defenses are selling out on him after last year, and he is still putting up some pretty good numbers.

WR - Ryan Timmons (Franklin County) - Hands down. Reminds me a little of Craig Yeast when he was at Harrodsburg. Great Hands, very football smart, and very very elusive.

KR/PR - Toss up. Ryan Timmons (Franklin County)/Snoop Johnson (Bourbon County) - Everyone knows about Timmons and his ability to return kicks for touchdowns, but the Johnson kid for Bourbon County is one of the best I've seen. They both have crazy vision, and they both have way above average speed. If I had to choose, the nod would go to Timmons, but Johnson is neck and neck.
How big is Timmons? Does he have a frame where he could add weight without losing speed?
Timmons is 6'0 or 6'1 wieghs about 185 or 195 he could gain some and still be fast, three sport kid so doesn't spend a lot of time bulking up.
Owen county colin trammel paul banks and chris day
Brandon Mitchell Eminence
Aaron Jackson Frankfort
Ryan Timmons Franklin County
Zach Cunningham Berea

Mostly small schools but these guys are the real deal!!!
teantre mcgee
Jake Middleton from HC! BEAST!! On O and D. One of the top players in 5A this year. The QB from perry stands out as well. Polly from Bell is a beast! Canada from Knox also deserves accolades!
Quick
Jonathan Jackson Mayfield getting ready to be named all state for the third straight time. Now holds the school records for rushing tackling and tds.
North Laurel's Michael Nelson can play any position, never steps off the field, and he chews BIG RED!
Also has caught, ran, and threw TD's this year.
Quick
Hatcher
Timmons
Jackson
Fant
James Quick - Trinity WR It's in the name
Cameron Fogle - Conner WR/DB A very good iron man football player
Donovan McCoy - Highlands QB The offensive heart of Highlands
Chris Schroer - Elder (OH) RB One of the strongest backs in the tri-state

Enjoyed watching each of this athletes and wish them well on and off the field!
Which side of the ball will Jackson play on at the next level?
Chris Brewer and Devon Turner from Fairview. Brewer has rushed for over 1,000 yards three straight years, he plays fullback. Devon Turner with his 2nd 1,000 yard season, was also picked to play in Blue-Grey All Star game.
E's Army Wrote:Which side of the ball will Jackson play on at the next level?

Defense.
I think you also have to put weston little in the mix. Yeah I know he plays for a small classA school at south floyd but this kid is a treat to watch with over2100 yds and 31 tds this year to go along with 96tds and 7400 yds in his career he will go down as one of the tops all time in state history he is certainly the most underrated player in the state.
What about Canady from Knox??
I think personaly he's the best all around athletes in Ky
Best QB Trent Brethitt Co., Best receiver Olinger Hazard, Best Full Back Slaughter Somerset. Best Tail Back Cannada Knox Central and Best TE Williams Somerset.IMO
Not Sure how this kid hasn't been said yet but...Damien Harris of Madison Southern.
Eric Hubbard-Leslie County
Blake Bray- Leslie County
Jordan Olinger- Hazard
Grant Anderson- Pburg
I think you would have to place Thornsberry from Morgan Co. in the mix... small school... but this kid is the real deal...
The best offensive player I have seen this year is the RB Britt from Russell Co. He is fast as lightning and if he gets to the outside, just look for your kick return team. He goes through the line so fast, you just have to see it to believe it. I am not in the Russell Co fanbase, I just had the pleasure of watching him run circles around my team's defense, or lack thereof. He is impressive, and I think everyone in the region will find this out shortly. One of the faaaaaaaaaaaaastest backs I have ever seen.
HonestJohn Wrote:The best offensive player I have seen this year is the RB Britt from Russell Co. He is fast as lightning and if he gets to the outside, just look for your kick return team. He goes through the line so fast, you just have to see it to believe it. I am not in the Russell Co fanbase, I just had the pleasure of watching him run circles around my team's defense, or lack thereof. He is impressive, and I think everyone in the region will find this out shortly. One of the faaaaaaaaaaaaastest backs I have ever seen.

Nick Britt is a heck of a running back. Through 10 games he has 158 Carries for 1621 yards & 28 TDs. That's a little of 10 Yards/carry and a TD every 5.6 touches. It also means he's only carrying the ball about 16 times per game. He's always had great vision but this season he's put on a lot of strength and doesn't necessarily always take the route around the defender.
How about Franklin County Toledo verbal commit, Logan Woodside, QB and Safety.
Remember the name Quentin Baker only a 14 year old 9th grader who will be breaking some records and winning some hardware in the years to come. His Dad was a All-American tailback for UK.
Quick, Canady, Timmons, Hopkins, J. Jackson could play on my team anyday. Who are some of the more athletic QB's in the state? I know there have been some big passing numbers put up this year by KY QB's.
T-CATS Wrote:Remember the name Quentin Baker only a 14 year old 9th grader who will be breaking some records and winning some hardware in the years to come. His Dad was a All-American tailback for UK.

Who's his daddy?
Just a heads up ... Rodger Bird was the last all-american tailback that played for UK, and that was in 1965. That would make him around 53 years old when he had the 14 year old. Not saying its not possible, just saying maybe the story is fabricated??????
Are we talking about Al Baker who played at UK, he was a good running back but not a all american...
Al Baker is his Dad. I was told he was an all american
Pages: 1 2 3 4