Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands in the Playoffs
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I got 4 state championship rings.

3 for badminton and 1 for ski ball.

I got 2 in water polo. MVP both times.
I have 2. Still believe it should have even 3.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I could see and early first or second round loss for the birds....

Boyd County is clicking on all cylinders right now...

If you can see that, my suggetion would be stop looking at
the matchups through the bottom of a whiskey bottle. Highlands
may as well go ahead an order the rings.
Ashland if they defeat Holmes will show up and give them their best shot. Ashland may or may not get crushed but stranger things have happened and wouldnt be shocked if Ashland won.
I love the playoffs because we get to hear such insightful and productive comments from people like bear paw
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland if they defeat Holmes will show up and give them their best shot. Ashland may or may not get crushed but stranger things have happened and wouldnt be shocked if Ashland won.

No talking about highland that's a whole nother monster we will deal with next week. Ashland is so beat up and wounded right now lets just hope Quentin can make it thru the Holmes game then we can worry about pulling the upset of the century against highlands.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:No talking about highland that's a whole nother monster we will deal with next week. Ashland is so beat up and wounded right now lets just hope Quentin can make it thru the Holmes game then we can worry about pulling the upset of the century against highlands.

Well who ever plays fth better be in super man shape they play 60 kids. They have a two platoon system and they just run you in the ground. I would love to see fth get beat. But not likely any time soon. Go Rebels.
Im not talking about dressing out 60 they play a lot of kids from that endless talent pool.
sawmill Wrote:Well who ever plays fth better be in super man shape they play 60 kids. They have a two platoon system and they just run you in the ground. I would love to see fth get beat. But not likely any time soon. Go Rebels.
Idk about 60 kids lol but I bet 30-40 play
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Idk about 60 kids lol but I bet 30-40 play

I do not know exact numbers,but have seen almost every game this year and I can tell you they play at least 25 kids in and out on offense(at least 7 WR's,3 RB's, 2QB's,and many in and out on the line.), I am guessing close to 20 on defense and then you have special teams. So he is probably not too far off saying 60. I would bet that there might be some starters playing more special teams come 3rd week of playoffs.
I counted 5 different players my son blocked. So it might not be 60 but its close we only play 18 kids so you better be in very very good shape if your playing fth with the hope to pull some crazy upset you better find tread mill and start running. How many do fth dress i guess its over 100. Go Rebels.
sawmill Wrote:I counted 5 different players my son blocked. So it might not be 60 but its close we only play 18 kids so you better be in very very good shape if your playing fth with the hope to pull some crazy upset you better find tread mill and start running. How many do fth dress i guess its over 100. Go Rebels.

I think the number is between 92-94.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Idk about 60 kids lol but I bet 30-40 play

Yeah I didn't include special teams so with that he probably isn't.
sstack Wrote:I think the number is between 92-94.

91 on Varsity/JV and add the Frosh that moved up last week, I believe the final total is at 123.
I do wish Ashland the best, thought I'm a BC fan. I just see a tough road since they're so depleted due to injuries. If I'm not mistaken, they're at #4 on tailback, and he's one of the best receivers....so that makes them short there as well.
Wildcat1 Wrote:I do wish Ashland the best, thought I'm a BC fan. I just see a tough road since they're so depleted due to injuries. If I'm not mistaken, they're at #4 on tailback, and he's one of the best receivers....so that makes them short there as well.

As far as I know everyone should play Friday. They had baker in a boot but it was a more precautionary thing. I would bet they are all ready to with the exception of Jeremy Jackson and Cody Watts.
Baker is out the rest of the season torn ligament in the top of his foot!! Sucks but he will be back next year. Walters, Salow are back.
T-CATS Wrote:Baker is out the rest of the season torn ligament in the top of his foot!! Sucks but he will be back next year. Walters, Salow are back.

I was just going by what I heard on the radio. He was walking on it after the injury in the JC game as well as the Kiwanis bowl when he was on the Kiwanis court though it was in a boot. Do you mind me asking where you got your information?
Its in the paper today and me and my Dad know Al and Quentin pretty well. They told us last week that he was shutting it down till next year.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:No talking about highland that's a whole nother monster we will deal with next week. Ashland is so beat up and wounded right now lets just hope Quentin can make it thru the Holmes game then we can worry about pulling the upset of the century against highlands.

Quinton is out rest of season, how ever long that will be. It turns out should have never been cleared to play JCC. Has an pulled ligament in his foot, no surgery just rest an therapy in a boot next 4to6 weeks so basketball out for awhile as well. Finished season with 945 yards in 7 games not bad for a 155 pound freshman.
Maybe you guys should discuss your injuries and 1 game playoff run in an Ashland thread.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Maybe you guys should discuss your injuries and 1 game playoff run in an Ashland thread.

I would say highlands fans have an interest in the status of future oppenents.
I was just messing with you tomcat. We can talk about ironton if u want to.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I was just messing with you tomcat. We can talk about ironton if u want to.

Talking about Ironton is ok we just got beat by a better football team. Johnson Central is the one I need grief counseling for.
I hope Ashland beats Holmes. I like seeing Highlands play teams they don't see all that often. However, I just think Holmes has the game breakers to beat Ashland this year.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I hope Ashland beats Holmes. I like seeing Highlands play teams they don't see all that often. However, I just think Holmes has the game breakers to beat Ashland this year.

Field condition playing into Ashlands favor. Should slow down the speed of Holmes. And though I don't think it would turn out In our favor I'm looking forward to taking In my first game at highlands.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Field condition playing into Ashlands favor. Should slow down the speed of Holmes. And though I don't think it would turn out In our favor I'm looking forward to taking In my first game at highlands.

HHS fans are great to visitors, and it is a great place to watch a game with the stands sitting right on top of the field. If you have a win Friday,you will be very welcome at The Fort. I have never seen a Ashland game, so I will be pulling for your team so that I get to see a new face.
sstack Wrote:[/COLOR]

HHS fans are great to visitors, and it is a great place to watch a game with the stands sitting right on top of the field. If you have a win Friday,you will be very welcome at The Fort. I have never seen a Ashland game, so I will be pulling for your team so that I get to see a new face.
Ashland played at highlands in 2008 I believe. Knowing how much you follow highlands I assumed you would've been at that one. Didn't turn out to well for us 55-6 if I recall
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Ashland played at highlands in 2008 I believe. Knowing how much you follow highlands I assumed you would've been at that one. Didn't turn out to well for us 55-6 if I recall

Correct me if i'm wrong, But I believe Ashland had a lot of underclassmen playing in that game? Also to note the week before Bryan Station almost beat the birds before a late td catch by Collinsworth gave the birds the win.
Highlands is 18-5-1 against Ashland. The last Ashland win was in 1954 when the won 38-7. The tie was in 1955, score 20-20. Highlands has won the last 12 games.

Tomcatfan772000, you don't have to wait until Ashland plays HHS to go to a game at HHS, just check the schedule and come on down.