Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands in the Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What does everybody think about Highlands chances this year? I feel we are the best in 4A, again, but a lot of people would agree that if there is a year to knock off Highlands, this would be the year. The only two rounds I could see Highlands being threatened are the regional finals and state semis. Other than that, I think the first two games will involve a running clock. Not so sure about the finals, but I doubt the team we play there would be any harder than the regionals/state semis. So a running clock on that one would be 50/50. I, for one, think it's time to start putting 60, 70, 80 points on the board and sending a message to our opponents.
I think they are running out of fingers to put rings on!
The only real bump in FTH's path, in my mind, is LexCath. I look for the Bluebirds to play CovCath for the regional championship. That could be a good game.
If the Birds play like they did in the Elder game,no one comes closer than21 points. If they play like the first quarter of Ryle game, CCH,LCH and Boyle could keep it close. Just think HHS still has too much this year to be beat. The class of 2017 is when the rest of the state will enjoy taking it to the Birds!
^ 2017....Seriously...lol. You guys really are too much....
I could see and early first or second round loss for the birds....

Boyd County is clicking on all cylinders right now...
Stardust Wrote:I think they are running out of fingers to put rings on!

At 21, have already run out of fingers and toes! Go Birds! :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I could see and early first or second round loss for the birds....

Boyd County is clicking on all cylinders right now...

Yeah that awesome defensive effort holding west carter to 7 points spells trouble for the birds.
Frozenbird Wrote:At 21, have already run out of fingers and toes! Go Birds! :biggrin:

Do you have 21? If so that is impressive.....
IC highlands and the rebels playing for state. We are playing rebel football now and I know fth would like to see a rematch also. Go Rebels..
Bear_Paw Wrote:Do you have 21? If so that is impressive.....

YOU SUPPOSE TO KNOW THE HISTORY!!!!!!!
:HitWall:

It's HIGHLANDS dang it !!!!!!!!!!!
sawmill Wrote:IC highlands and the rebels playing for state. We are playing rebel football now and I know fth would like to see a rematch also. Go Rebels..

That would be extremely hard to do.
These teams out west will be pissed that there isnt going to be a playoff for them Confusednicker:
Bear_Paw Wrote:Do you have 21? If so that is impressive.....

Tied with Trinity for the most in the state.

Highlands' State Championships: 60, 61, 64, 68, 70, 75, 77, 81, 82, 89, 92, 96, 98, 99, 00, 04, 07, 08, 09, 10, and 11. :1:
^
Remember and recognize bear paw!!!!!!!
Highlands rolls over everyone!!!!!!
Bear_Paw Wrote:^ 2017....Seriously...lol. You guys really are too much....

Have you watched the Elder game? The same team that beat Moellerand Moeller beat Trinity. Highlands had the lead with10 mins left in the game. If not for 3 big mistakes they could have won. Who in the playoffs are anywhere near the level of Elder? Yes I am serious. Highlands is very good now and the last decade. We are going to be down a lot in 2-3 years with very weak classes coming up, I am sure you guys can not wait for that. When Highlands is average or bad, I will be the first to admit it. I am not going to make us out to be good when we are not.
Frozenbird Wrote:Tied with Trinity for the most in the state.

Highlands' State Championships: 60, 61, 64, 68, 70, 75, 77, 81, 82, 89, 92, 96, 98, 99, 00, 04, 07, 08, 09, 10, and 11. :1:

they are the best at backing up their arrogance.....:worthy::worthy::worthy:
lol the same fans giving Russell County fans hell for comparing scores on the Boyle/Whitley thread are the same ones comparing scores of Moeller/Trinity/Elder Confusednicker:
Frozenbird Wrote:Tied with Trinity for the most in the state.

OK a lot of people missing my point....how many rings are on YOUR FINGER?
A lot of people from HHS LOVE to talk smack. Very few wear rings...
Bear_Paw Wrote:^ 2017....Seriously...lol. You guys really are too much....

Next year might be the best team for Highlands of the Mueller era. LOADED. Almost everyone back.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Next year might be the best team for Highlands of the Mueller era. LOADED. Almost everyone back.

How many rings do YOU wear?
Bear_Paw Wrote:A lot of people from HHS LOVE to talk smack. Very few wear rings...

No rings, other than my wedding ring, and I personally do not talk smack. I enjoy watching and listening to the games. I am proud of the history of the school as I am sure you are of the team you root for. The only reason I started posting on this site was to demonstrate that not all Highlands fans behave like the Wides.
sawmill Wrote:IC highlands and the rebels playing for state. We are playing rebel football now and I know fth would like to see a rematch also. Go Rebels..

the real 4A playoffs...

CovCath___________
Highlands
. ______________
Boyle Co.__________
LexCath
Bear_Paw Wrote:How many rings do YOU wear?

You would probably be surprised how many posters have rings. I have one, actualy just a patch for lettermens coat. They did not do rings back when I was in High School, I must be getting old.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Next year might be the best team for Highlands of the Mueller era. LOADED. Almost everyone back.

Considering there have been some nationally ranked teams and players like collinsworth and towles that is a pretty bold statement and extremely scary if it is true.
Bear_Paw Wrote:A lot of people from HHS LOVE to talk smack. Very few wear rings...

Between the boys and I, 5. When you start talking about in-laws and nephews, add 7 more. But that is only since 1960.:biggrin:

12+
I got 4 state championship rings.

3 for badminton and 1 for ski ball.

Who is going to take over for McCoy at QB next year?
knighted Wrote:Who is going to take over for McCoy at QB next year?

Houleistin (do not think i spelled it right). He throws a better ball than McCoy but not as good of a runner. There are people who would have liked to have seen him at QB this year and McCoy at WR. HHS will be fine at QB next year, they are a QB factory.
Pages: 1 2 3