Poll: Who ya got
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
70.83%
Fairview
29.17%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Fairview 10/12
Eagles2012 Wrote:Are you serious? Go to KHSAA and look up the stats Fairview dominates Raceland in all but 2 categories. Talk about weapons, our backfield has more talent than Racelands whole team. Gonna have another season of 3, 1,000 yard rushers.

That's quite a statement you are making there. What is your basis for this? Have you watched Raceland play this year? Probably not.

Of course, in the short time that you have been on this forum, you have managed to stick your foot in your mouth on more than one occasion.
Rams by 3
Going to be a really high scoring game. They may surpass the 83-49 game that Pike Central and Prestonburg put up a couple a weeks ago. I think Raceland will win though it will be so close that fairview may come out on top. We will see Friday night. I am taking Raceland but wouldn't be surprised to see Fairview win it.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Going to be a really high scoring game. They may surpass the 83-49 game that Pike Central and Prestonburg put up a couple a weeks ago. I think Raceland will win though it will be so close that fairview may come out on top. We will see Friday night. I am taking Raceland but wouldn't be surprised to see Fairview win it.

I think it will be kind of a shoot out but not that ridiculous.

Ams 39
West Virginians 28
Eagles2012 Wrote:Are you serious? Go to KHSAA and look up the stats Fairview dominates Raceland in all but 2 categories. Talk about weapons, our backfield has more talent than Racelands whole team. Gonna have another season of 3, 1,000 yard rushers.

Stats are irrelevant. Fairview has played a much easier schedule and Raceland spreads the ball around more.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I said fairview has better backs. Raceland had a better Qb who can run an throw and I feel a better offensive and defensive line. The numbers back that up.

Here's the stat comparison...Fairview's stats are through week 7 provided by KHSAA and Racelands are through week 6 as they have not yet been posted for week 7.

Fairview Raceland
record 7-0 6-1
ppg 51 49
opp/ppg 15 16
RYDS/G 408 251
PYDS/G 62 176
TOTAL 470 435
OPP/RYPG 83 146
OPP/PYPG 114 89
TOTAL 197 235
OPP REC 18-41 28-31
Take Aways 12/2tds

Fairview's stats did not list take aways so I could not compare the two teams in that category. I also know that in the last 4 or 5 games, Raceland's special teams play has been outstanding. Do not have the exact numbers, but I can safely say that there have been atleast 2 punt/kick off returns for touchdowns in each game through the last few weeks. Their kickoff team has improved vastly as well. With big Cole Thomas having a couple touchbacks and keeping opponents from starting outside of their own 30 yard line since he took over the job. Strength of schedule, take it or leave it, is the only "dominating" place I see, and I guess the ry/pg is a bit lopsided.

As for "total dominance"...I fail to see it either way. Fairview's avg rushing is a little over 150 yds more than Raceland's/pg, and have scored 13 more rushing tds than has raceland, but the Rams double Fairviews passing yds have 10 more passing TDs.

From reading the paper and listening to Fairview games on the radio it sounds like they have some trouble defending the kick off return, which Raceland has done very well the last few weeks. In the past, Raceland's big problem has kicking off and allowing teams to start around the 35 or 40 yard line, which if done against a team like Fairview has it can kill you. If either of these two things begin to be a problem, it could turn into a long night for either team.

Both are oustanding area football teams and realistically, both should be in the top 5 in Class 1A and both deserve all of the talk that has been made about them. It should be a great ball game. But it is all going to boil down to special teams and the line of scrimmage. I think Fairview may have more skilled RBs, but across the bored Raceland is more diverse offensively and their defense has kept two very good running backs, Baker from Ashland and Crager from Portsmouth East, in check. Holding them both well under their average. With all of these things factored in...it really doesn't matter lol.

This is a HUGE rivalry game, that is heated enough by itself. Though both teams still have a district game left yet to play, when you add in the fact that this SHOULD and PROBABLY will be for a District Championship and home field advantage through the Semi-finals of the playoffs, you better hold on! The crowd should be bigger, louder, more intense than either team has seen this year and if we can learn anything about the future/present from the past, it's that more times than not, in this rivalry, the fans can aid greatly when it comes to momentum. Good luck to both teams and coaches, regaurdless of all the talk, who has who on their team and from where, or what is on paper, this is going to be a hell of a ball game.

Because of how well Raceland did against Ashland's line, coupled with their versatility on offense, with the way their special teams has been hot as of late, I'm going with...

Raceland 38
Fairview 32

Raceland 38-33
Wow, this will be the best game in the area this week by far and there will be a great atmosphere for all these young players.This has been a great rivalry the past few years and an exciting game to watch. Fairviews backfield is looking pretty solid right now and the passing game has came along great in the past few weeks. As for Raceland, there LOS is just better coached and more experienced, but both times have a HUGE O-line. On paper, i do believe fairview is the better team. But I see Raceland taking this game in a close one because they have played such more competitive teams. Fairviews schedule is just too weak and if they played some high quality teams then they would take this game and maybe even a regional title. But I say Raceland winds by a score in the 4th
FBALL Wrote:Stats are irrelevant. Fairview has played a much easier schedule and Raceland spreads the ball around more.

Raceland has played a killer schedule..... 2 teams with winning record. So come again. I'm done talking on here so after the game game Friday ill Be on here to say I told you so. Will be a good game, but Fairview will prevail.
Eagles2012 Wrote:Raceland has played a killer schedule..... 2 teams with winning record. So come again. I'm done talking on here so after the game game Friday ill Be on here to say I told you so. Will be a good game, but Fairview will prevail.

Can't believe that One Eye hasn't clicked the "Like" tab for this comment.

Patchy Boy Avatar...TongueirateSho
Eagles2012 Wrote:Raceland has played a killer schedule..... 2 teams with winning record. So come again. I'm done talking on here so after the game game Friday ill Be on here to say I told you so. Will be a good game, but Fairview will prevail.

Good luck with that. It doesn't matter to me who wins this game. Just giving an opinion.
Raceland by 4
Glad to see Frank Melvin at the hearing yesterday.

Frank, we are having some food catered in from the Roadhouse to the new press box. Please come up and join us and maybe just maybe we will throw in a free bottle of Geritol.

Makes my heart cheerful and glad to see you support our new additions.

B.I.T.W.

:popcorn:
I wish the students from Williamsburg would quit serving every team in the state. This guy makes me want anyone but Williamsburg to win this year. I hope they get to Bowling Green, I would love to see them get blitzed by red and black.
Fairview 13 Raceland 10. I dont know I like Fairview at home.
I heard on the radio last Friday that King rolled his ankle and didnt return against Paintsville But the paper quoted McPeak saying they were "saving him"...i will assume that means he will be at full speed/strength Friday? I hope to see both teams at full strength, thats the only way we will know how good they really are and what the playoffs will look like for our region.
Raceland
CW, you seem to have the answers to all things Fairview. Can you step away from the drama for a second and give us any information on King?
Raceland 28
Fairview 21
Clint Westwood Wrote:Can't believe that One Eye hasn't clicked the "Like" tab for this comment.

Patchy Boy Avatar...TongueirateSho

Thanks for the avitar Clit, glad that I am on your mind so much.

:thanks:
Not as much trash talk as I would expect. It appears the two teams respect each other and plan on settling it on the field Friday night. This will probably only be round one.
I know that as a general rule, we at Raceland respect Fairviews abilities on the football field. It's a natural rivalry, being the two smallest schools in the area, that have a football program. I would like to see both of these teams shore up their schedule a little bit to help prepare them better for the playoffs. One or two games a year just doesn't cut it. Teams like Mayfield, Beechwood, Hazard, even Frankfort have atleast 3 or 4 non district games that are very competitive. With LCA up in 2A the district weakend. With talk of Bishop Brossart and NCC coming back down to play 1A ball...it could make things interesting again. Idk about Fairview but Raceland has a heck of alot of tallent, size, speed, and football IQs that are through the roof, from the 8th grade all the way up to the Junior class this year. Things look good in Ramland for the next several years.
E's Army Wrote:Not as much trash talk as I would expect. It appears the two teams respect each other and plan on settling it on the field Friday night. This will probably only be round one.

See the "Fairview Eligibility" thread...I think everyone is just about burnt out on all of it now and ready for the game to be played so we can see how good both of these teams are. I know I am.
98% of the people on here talking trash about the transfers have no clue about the situation & never will. I am so glad it will be settled on the field not on here because Raceland would win hands down. Fairview IMHO is the better team, as they say speed kills and then we will supply the power. Fairview 40-28
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I know that as a general rule, we at Raceland respect Fairviews abilities on the football field. It's a natural rivalry, being the two smallest schools in the area, that have a football program. I would like to see both of these teams shore up their schedule a little bit to help prepare them better for the playoffs. One or two games a year just doesn't cut it. Teams like Mayfield, Beechwood, Hazard, even Frankfort have atleast 3 or 4 non district games that are very competitive. With LCA up in 2A the district weakend. With talk of Bishop Brossart and NCC coming back down to play 1A ball...it could make things interesting again. Idk about Fairview but Raceland has a heck of alot of tallent, size, speed, and football IQs that are through the roof, from the 8th grade all the way up to the Junior class this year. Things look good in Ramland for the next several years.

Playing Ashland and Ironton for a 1A school should be just about enough for any one. Don't you think. And we play Ashland and Russell this year. Go Rams.
football 105 Wrote:Playing Ashland and Ironton for a 1A school should be just about enough for any one. Don't you think. And we play Ashland and Russell this year. Go Rams.

Yes and no. I think it's fine to play those teams, and it is one of if not the stoutest schedules in our area, but thats only because of Ashland and Irotong. From what I've heard, Coalgrove isn't much different than I'd say Greenup on this side of the river. Not trying to disrespect either school, I just know that they are both in a bit of a slump. With the quality of players we have coming up through the ranks, I'd like to see schedule that looks something like this:

Ashland, Ironton, Somerset/Danville(good 2 or 3A school), Lexington Christian(or some lexington/northen ky school), Mason County, Johnson Central/Breathitt/Hazard(aka a mountain school), then the district games of Fairview, Paintsville, Nicholas.

I just believe that you would be better off coming into the playoffs at 7-3 or 6-4 against that schedule, than going 10-0 against teams with an average record of 2-8 or worse. More prepared and more acclimated to the "big game" enviornment. Each year the top 10 has the same problem. 1-5 are generally always competitive with one another, but 6-10 are a bust. IE: Nicholas was ranked number 9 in the state and they got waxed by Raceland at number 5. Week 1 and 2 of the playoffs are a joke. We need to go back to the playoff system of the number 1 and/or number 2 team from each district make it into the playoffs. It is obsurd to have an 0-10 team in the playoffs. It means nothing.

But, I have went off topic...back to the issue at hand. I'm not saying that every game has to be a nail-biter. But looking at Raceland and Fairview are both very high quality football teams this year, and idk about the eagles, but the rams have high hopes for the next several years. But looking at both teams schedule this year, they have only been in one game a piece where they had any sort of challenge, Raceland's self inflicted loss to Ashland and Fariview had a few games early in the season where they only one by a touchdown or two, but that was without Rutherford and King. Raceland's coming off 5 games in a row scoring atleast 50 pts, two of which they scored 60. Fairview isn't much different going over 60 points several times and eclipsing 70 points once.

I am extremely interested in seeing how these two respond when either they come out and get stopped offensively or the other team is able to trade scores with them. This game could become a shootout, or it could become a battle of inches. Who ever can control the edges deffensively will win. But this game will show how good each team is. And I will be suprised if the winner of this game, wins the inevitable rematch for the region championship.
I like Fairview in this game. Did a lot of homework on this one for my football pick'em and I think both teams are pretty close. I like Fairview, only because they are at home.:Thumbs:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Yes and no. I think it's fine to play those teams, and it is one of if not the stoutest schedules in our area, but thats only because of Ashland and Irotong. From what I've heard, Coalgrove isn't much different than I'd say Greenup on this side of the river. Not trying to disrespect either school, I just know that they are both in a bit of a slump. With the quality of players we have coming up through the ranks, I'd like to see schedule that looks something like this:

Ashland, Ironton, Somerset/Danville(good 2 or 3A school), Lexington Christian(or some lexington/northen ky school), Mason County, Johnson Central/Breathitt/Hazard(aka a mountain school), then the district games of Fairview, Paintsville, Nicholas.

I just believe that you would be better off coming into the playoffs at 7-3 or 6-4 against that schedule, than going 10-0 against teams with an average record of 2-8 or worse. More prepared and more acclimated to the "big game" enviornment. Each year the top 10 has the same problem. 1-5 are generally always competitive with one another, but 6-10 are a bust. IE: Nicholas was ranked number 9 in the state and they got waxed by Raceland at number 5. Week 1 and 2 of the playoffs are a joke. We need to go back to the playoff system of the number 1 and/or number 2 team from each district make it into the playoffs. It is obsurd to have an 0-10 team in the playoffs. It means nothing.

But, I have went off topic...back to the issue at hand. I'm not saying that every game has to be a nail-biter. But looking at Raceland and Fairview are both very high quality football teams this year, and idk about the eagles, but the rams have high hopes for the next several years. But looking at both teams schedule this year, they have only been in one game a piece where they had any sort of challenge, Raceland's self inflicted loss to Ashland and Fariview had a few games early in the season where they only one by a touchdown or two, but that was without Rutherford and King. Raceland's coming off 5 games in a row scoring atleast 50 pts, two of which they scored 60. Fairview isn't much different going over 60 points several times and eclipsing 70 points once.

I am extremely interested in seeing how these two respond when either they come out and get stopped offensively or the other team is able to trade scores with them. This game could become a shootout, or it could become a battle of inches. Who ever can control the edges deffensively will win. But this game will show how good each team is. And I will be suprised if the winner of this game, wins the inevitable rematch for the region championship.

Fairview plays maybe the weakest schedule in eastern Ky. But they have beaten us the past two years. And go.e deeper into the playoffs. And yet last year we play a very good Ashland, Russell, top five 1A Pikeville twice., 3A Lawrence Co. and a very good East Portsmouth team who beat us by 20+.,,Still the eagles went deeper in the playoffs.
Sometimes its not who you have played. But how healthy you are come playoff time.
LionEagle Wrote:98% of the people on here talking trash about the transfers have no clue about the situation & never will. I am so glad it will be settled on the field not on here because Raceland would win hands down. Fairview IMHO is the better team, as they say speed kills and then we will supply the power. Fairview 40-28

Punishment will stop that speed. Fairview has not seen anything close to the level of competition and physicality Raceland will give them tomorrow night. Fairivew's schedule will come back to bite them. Lastly, I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret... everyone is talking about how fast Fairview is.... Guess what? The Rams have some burners too, as you will see first hand tmr night in Westwood., watch out!:flame::flame::flame: Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Bla bla bla,recruiting bla bla bla,housing bla bla bla, cheating, Fairview is the winner and the better team, end of story!!!:moon:
Where is all the rams at now??? Probley gonna blame it on the refs or don't play good etc