Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please reply with your thoughts on what Rockcastle needs to do to fix the problem
it goes all the way back to your junior league programs
support it
There is tons of support trust me
rustyankle Wrote:No ones trying to talk negative or air dirty laundry its just a topic for debate , yes the middle school is always dominate
Don't worry about it man. I have found that if you question a coach on BGR you will get a lot of flack. I think you have every right to question a head coach and the job he is doing. People always come up with this the kids are reading this bull. Yes some of the kids are reading this stuff but I think the kids of this day and age are smart enough to know the difference between questioning his performance or questioning what kind of a person he is. I would never question a player or an assistant coach because the kids are just kids and the assistants are for the most part volunteers but I can,will and have questioned head coaches. Head coaches have paying jobs. I personally think that all coaching jobs in the high school level should be voluntary and this would cut down on a lot of corruption but that is another story for another day. I have found that if people give you a hard time on this just bring up that the head coach gets paid for what he does and do they know where this money comes from and that usually does the trick because I think they never think of that. Do they think it comes from the coach tree or something.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Don't worry about it man. I have found that if you question a coach on BGR you will get a lot of flack. I think you have every right to question a head coach and the job he is doing. People always come up with this the kids are reading this bull. Yes some of the kids are reading this stuff but I think the kids of this day and age are smart enough to know the difference between questioning his performance or questioning what kind of a person he is. I would never question a player or an assistant coach because the kids are just kids and the assistants are for the most part volunteers but I can,will and have questioned head coaches. Head coaches have paying jobs. I personally think that all coaching jobs in the high school level should be voluntary and this would cut down on a lot of corruption but that is another story for another day. I have found that if people give you a hard time on this just bring up that the head coach gets paid for what he does and do they know where this money comes from and that usually does the trick because I think they never think of that. Do they think it comes from the coach tree or something.
^alot of flack!.....lol......very formidable, I was an assistant @ Rockcastle and I CLEARLY state facts from experience. A great politician once said "you can fool some people sometime, theres some people you can fool all the time, but you cant fool all the people all the time." alot more to the job description entitled "head coach, volunteer coach" than what you described...believe me.....not trying to beat you up @ all. Wink
When the football team was very good so was basketball and I also believe the baseball program was solid. Rock had some very talented kids during that period in all sports.
FIRST Wrote:When the football team was very good so was basketball and I also believe the baseball program was solid. Rock had some very talented kids during that period in all sports.

^This is a very good point. Even when football was competing for state titles, basketball was winning regional titles and competing for them. There were players like Aaron Cash, Colby Brown, and others that didn't play high school football but were still good/great basketball players.

Ton of athletes at Rock from 1999-2007.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I sense a theme after reading all of the feedback from this thread....Rusty, the answer lies in your bgs name...lack of effort, poor communication all around breeds rust and pain ( my ankles are a mess from playing fooseball )...effort, oiled, guided and supported breeds success and no need for a forum to guide the rebuild of Rockcastle...build from bottom up and change top down ( since this inspired you)..eventually you all meet in the middle and thats where it gets fun! Best wishes...
FIRST Wrote:When the football team was very good so was basketball and I also believe the baseball program was solid. Rock had some very talented kids during that period in all sports.

The thing is back then all the athletes played all three sports . Now You never see one person go through high school playing all 3 sports.
rocket01 Wrote:^alot of flack!.....lol......very formidable, I was an assistant @ Rockcastle and I CLEARLY state facts from experience. A great politician once said "you can fool some people sometime, theres some people you can fool all the time, but you cant fool all the people all the time." alot more to the job description entitled "head coach, volunteer coach" than what you described...believe me.....not trying to beat you up @ all. Wink
Dude you do realize that (alot) is not a word don't you??? Not trying to beat you up at all!!!
Look at what Highlands does, copy it.
:thatsfunnConfusednicker:
lack of talent overall in rocks male sports is the main problem there is a reason tom larkey left his looked at the talent coming up and he knew he did not have what it took to run his type of ball and as for the coaching goes imo a certain ass. coach the guy that really runs the team is part of the problem lives in the past you have to adjust with the talent you have bottom line.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Dude you do realize that (alot) is not a word don't you??? Not trying to beat you up at all!!!
like to keep some words short and sweet w/ not much space. ROCK does have potential, its awfully hard to find.