Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County's Coal Miner Memorial Stadium
Bell County is the biggest game on the schedule....regular season that is.
HC FAN Wrote:Bell County is the biggest game on the schedule....regular season that is.

I believe thats your fanbase's biggest problem.
The Bell County game means nothing.
You put way to much stock into it.
I have to agree with RIUG on this one, but it's not just the fan base. After the bell game last year the Black Bears never recovered from the loss and didn't play a complete game in the playoffs...

I wish the game would be played right before district games. I don't like it at the end of the season and would rather not play at the beginning.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I believe thats your fanbase's biggest problem.

I don't know why anyone would put so much stock in an out of district game where you get posted for 4 quarters

Patriot Wrote:I have to agree with RIUG on this one, but it's not just the fan base. After the bell game last year the Black Bears never recovered from the loss and didn't play a complete game in the playoffs...

I wish the game would be played right before district games. I don't like it at the end of the season and would rather not play at the beginning.

I agree and disagree. it means nothing district or season wise, but Bell is any mountain teams biggest game.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I agree and disagree. it means nothing district or season wise, but Bell is any mountain teams biggest game.

And that is the problem with all "mountain teams"! We have to be the only area around here that focuses on beating the teams around us and not winning in the playoffs.
running_clock Wrote:And that is the problem with all "mountain teams"! We have to be the only area around here that focuses on beating the teams around us and not winning in the playoffs.

Ask Bell and Rock about putting stock in that game and then having playoff success. Not every team focuses on a mountain game and then loses always in the playoffs.

Many times Rock v Bell would be a massively attended and talked about game and then one of the teams would go far in the post season. How many times in the 2000's did either Rock or Bell make it to the state semi's?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Love it!
More pics
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would love to see it done for the Whitley game.
IMO, its a bigger game than Bell. District is alway more important.

If Harlan County wins the district it will be ready for a possible Whitley County/Harlan County regional championship game.
I spoke to the turf crew foreman...he said the turf would be complete Thursday 9/13 barring no bad weather. They are pouring concrete like crazy....the grade work and asphalt will go pretty quick....I saw lets get it on ASAP. No need to wait... I have a senior playing his last days at HC. I know they are waiting on power components...I did see they were also putting the bleacher extensions in also. Anyone know when phase II will start?
Bear_Paw Wrote:I spoke to the turf crew foreman...he said the turf would be complete Thursday 9/13 barring no bad weather. They are pouring concrete like crazy....the grade work and asphalt will go pretty quick....I saw lets get it on ASAP. No need to wait... I have a senior playing his last days at HC. I know they are waiting on power components...I did see they were also putting the bleacher extensions in also. Anyone know when phase II will start?

Is there still a phase II? I thought the bleacher expansion and third floor press box were later phases and they seem to be done. I was out there the other day and was wondering about a field house and locker rooms, looks like the structure up so far are consessions and bathrooms.
I thought the field house and dressing rooms were phase II...
LWC Wrote:Ask Bell and Rock about putting stock in that game and then having playoff success. Not every team focuses on a mountain game and then loses always in the playoffs.

Many times Rock v Bell would be a massively attended and talked about game and then one of the teams would go far in the post season. How many times in the 2000's did either Rock or Bell make it to the state semi's?

Thats not what were talking about.
Bell and Rock put stock into there games because they were in the same district and it was worth something.
We are only talking about non district games.
HarlanCountyCard Wrote:If Harlan County wins the district it will be ready for a possible Whitley County/Harlan County regional championship game.

Well, you'll see that before then considering there in the same district and will play in a few weeks.
I can't wait for the first game on this field!! It's gonna be a mad house!! Every holler will be emptied out for miles.

I plan to walk to the stadium. Parking will be a nightmare!!
Was over there the other day just taking in the entire campus! Its great that the kids of Harlan County have this entire facility to be be proud of! I wish the spring sports complex was closer so we could take it all in at once. A soccer field and swimming facility was in the original plans but we gotta take one day at a time!

I cant imagine what the atmosphere will be like at this field on Friday Nights!

Is there truth to the post in the Bell/Whitley thread that says "lets beat Bell today" is painted or hanging in the Colonel weight room????
Pictures of field lettering tomorrow!!!!!!
Patriot Wrote:Is there truth to the post in the Bell/Whitley thread that says "lets beat Bell today" is painted or hanging in the Colonel weight room????

Every week there is a banner of some sort that says let's beat _____ today.

Its a common theme. Has been for years.

Its no different that a team that has a big sign that says play like champions today or something like that.
Need to cut the trees between the school and the field at the river
Two more....
Take one looking at the home grandstand man! Looks nice
PaytoPlay Wrote:Take one looking at the home grandstand man! Looks nice

Here you go
GREAT looking place. Congrats Harlan Co. fans!!
The amount of seating and leg room on the home side is insane...
^^
I'm ready for that!!
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
I'm ready for that!!

The pictures of this place ( which I love to see) doesn't do this complex justice! I mentioned several weeks back just how Huge this place is going to be and without seeing it in person you just can't get the full effect. I heard it takes up to half dozen tech guys to run all features on the big tron and boy that will be neat. Add that with the best announcer in the state and football games at HC will be something for all to see. As a travel I hear people talk and talk about our pa guy and just wanted to say he does a great job! The field nestled in the bottom couldn't make for a Better venue. People this place is second to none!
Awesome looking field.....congrats Black Bears and fans.