Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 27 - Perry County Central 24
Gotta love P-Burg's Red and Black camoflauge jersey's. Was that just for this game or is that their new look?
It may just be me but, it seems like the Commodores have atleast one game every year where you're just left scratching your head and wondering how they managed to lose the game but, I guess it is better for it to happen at the beginning of the season instead of toward the end. Hopefully this doesn't happen to them again.

Congrats on the win Blackcats!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
This game looked like it was going to be a blow out. I was really impressed with Jarrell and Pburg. They did not quit. Congrats to them.
You never want to start the season off with a loss - but I think Haddix turns it into a positive for the games to come.

Blackcats just need to start off as hot as they finished.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Gotta love P-Burg's Red and Black camoflauge jersey's. Was that just for this game or is that their new look?

I'm for keeping the jerseys. Prestonsburg sure went to war in the 4th quarter.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:It may just be me but, it seems like the Commodores have atleast one game every year where you're just left scratching your head and wondering how they managed to lose the game but, I guess it is better for it to happen at the beginning of the season instead of toward the end. Hopefully this doesn't happen to them again.

Congrats on the win Blackcats!!

PCC has blowed quite a bit of leads in the past. The one things thats been the same when the momentum starts to shift for the other team that the team just quits or let something stupid happen like letting a defender get behind you to make a play.
All I have got to say is OH MY GOD! How did Perry manage to give that game away? Perry had so many more athletes. I just think Haddix tried to hit a homerun almost every single play. I think Haddix is a good coach but I think he needs another formation to run out of. He should of just lined up in the I or Wing T and let Kegan and Brewer run it down Prestonsburg throat when they went up 2 TD's. They could of ran the clock like crazy. I do think Austin Pray done real good but I think Kegan Robinson is the best ball carrier on the team from what I saw on tv. It took 4 or 5 to tackle the boy every time he ran it and he is fast as crap also. I think Beatty needs more touches, he is dynamite when he gets the ball. 7 for Perry looked good. I was pretty impressed by Perry considering what the lost from last year. They simply gave the game away.

As for Prestonsburg, great job guys you never quit. A win is a win. You guys fought tooth and nail. Prestonsburg has a bright future. Their field looked awesome.

The road for Perry only gets more difficult. They could win a lot of games or they may lose them all. Better protect that ball more next game because you wont get it back against Johnson Central.
Pass defense I said would kill the commadores, But 13 penalties didnt help to Pburg3 everytime in the 3rd and 4th quarter perry make a big play here come the hankies, twice in the 3rd quarter the Pburg QB was past the line of scrimmage and no flags and hold on a 10 yard gain on 3 and 12. in the 4th quarter. But not to take away from Pburg they did not quite and Perry not in shape.
Sorry had to miss the new field's inaugural game Friday...doubly sorry in seeing how well it was initiated !! (was home in bed with a fever, dizzy, etc...general blah!!)

The young Blackcats couldn't have scripted a better start to the season. One constant the Cats bring in a season's beginning is being in top condition. Sounds like this was a huge factor in the 2nd half.

Can't see anything but improvements coming for Prestonsburg as the new players get accustomed to the speed of the varsity game... This is a year opponents would prefer playing P-burg early in the season.
Really proud of this VERY young Blackcat team. They had a rough first half and they were fortunate that they weren't down by more at the half. But the Blackcats kept fighting and they had no quit in them.

As the season goes on this is going to be a tough team to handle.

Best of luck to Perry on the rest of the season.
Looks like every thing has been said. Blackcats came out flat with some horrible tackleing. The worst i've seen from a P'burg team in some time. Perry still has 3-4 guys with some blistering speed. Those guys where also very elusive.
Prestonsburg looked like a different team in the 2nd half as Perry seemed to have ran out of gas. As Cat86 said if D. Frasure realizes he is a power runner & lowers that head he could be dangerous.
I was very impressed with Jarrell's composure in the pocket. Great to see from the sophmore. He will be something special by his senior year.
Good luck to Perry on the season.
Blackcats need to work on popping them pads and getting ready for the Cardinals of Sheldon Clark.
One last thing before i go. I was impressed by the team as a whole on not giving up when you where down. You kept playing every second of every down in the second half & your effort payed off. You guys showed a lot of heart & IMO that is what was lacking from last years team.
Congrats Blackcats!!!
Perry played a great game, but should of given the ball a little more to Kegan Robinson when they were trying to put the game away in the 4th. Everyone was sucking air and Pray was warn out and just couldn't break the tackles like he was doing earlier in the game. And how in the world can Perry County teams keep getting beat by a hale mary pass???? I mean the ball stays in the air for 50 yards and no one can get to it to knock it down? geesh.... And not that it mattered, and they still should of won the game, but the penalty yards were like 131-10, I know they were on the road, but goodness.
Congrats to the Blackcats for hanging in their and taking advantage of all the mistakes made by Perry.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Looks like every thing has been said. Blackcats came out flat with some horrible tackleing. The worst i've seen from a P'burg team in some time.

They spotted Perry County Central the whole first quarter. No offense and, as you say, the worst excuse for tackling from a Pburg team in some time. They only played 3 quarters but those 3 quarters were great and they were the last 3 quarters. They outscored PCC 7-6 in the 2nd, both teams scored 6 in the 3rd and the Blackcats blew PCC away in the 4th by 14-0. It took the young Cats a little while to start playing but they played like men after that. Nobody gave Prestonsburg anything in this game, they gave and then they took it back.
I also wanted to point something else out.

If I'm not mistaken....
Perry Central scored 4 times and attempted a 2 pt conversion each time and failed.
They lost by 3 lol
Congrats Blackcats!
zaga_fan Wrote:I also wanted to point something else out.

If I'm not mistaken....
Perry Central scored 4 times and attempted a 2 pt conversion each time and failed.
They lost by 3 lol

No one ever thinks about that when they talk about a team but a good kicker is a great thing to have in high school football. If they had one this game would have went the other way.

If I'm not mistaken....
They lost by 3 lol

If i'm not mistaken they did attempt one extra point and it was WAY off.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:If i'm not mistaken they did attempt one extra point and it was WAY off.

I missed the first TD so that is a possibility.

But either way...
there has to be one kid on that bench or in the classroom that could consistently kick extra points if they put the time into it.
^ I agree. We had the same problem last year when Jamerson was out.

If I'm not mistaken....
They lost by 3 lol

I intended to point out the fact that PCC got no extra points also, but didn't post again.

Yes, if nothing else changed and PCC had managed to get 4 extra points they would have won. By the same token if Prestonsburg had played in the first quarter like they did the rest of them, PCC gets at least one less TD and Pburg gets at least one more and they would have won by far more than 4. But they didn't and PCC didn't. But you are right, that game sure makes the importance of a reliable kicker stand out since PCC got zero extra points. I can remember a team many years ago that could score lots of touchdowns but they could never seem to make any extra points so if the opposing team scored 7 points they had to make 2 touchdowns to catch up. As you can imagine, they lost a lot of games because of that.