Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 27 - Perry County Central 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
PCC had the game but choked... Good win P-burg well deserved...
Watched this one on WYMT. Blackcats trailed the whole game but found a way to pull out the win in the end. Great effort. I don't know why PC didnt utilize their quarterbacks athletic ability more and run the ball. P-burg couldnt hardly stop him.
VoR_58 Wrote:Watched this one on WYMT. Blackcats trailed the whole game but found a way to pull out the win in the end. Great effort. I don't know why PC didnt utilize their quarterbacks athletic ability more and run the ball. P-burg couldnt hardly stop him.

When PCC got up by 12 quickly and with Pburg not even tackling, I thought Pburg would get blown out, but they finally started wrapping up some and their offense woke up.
I agree Prey was best player on the field but PCC went awaya from his running in 2nd half, never the less. Blackcats rose to the occasion and pulled out the win. Pburg is scary young and actually have a little size this year. I expect big things from the Burg this yr. Nice win and I will end by saying PCC is very athletic and speed to burn, just gotta credit the youngsters from the Burg for hanging in there until the end and pulling out the W
Nice to see Michael Burchett coordinating the offense tonight for the Burg, Jarrell has a bright future and Frasure is going to be a bruising running back
Tough one to swallow for the Commodores. Lead every min untill the last one.

Congrats Blackcats.
KY Headhunter Wrote:I agree Prey was best player on the field but PCC went awaya from his running in 2nd half, never the less. Blackcats rose to the occasion and pulled out the win. Pburg is scary young and actually have a little size this year. I expect big things from the Burg this yr. Nice win and I will end by saying PCC is very athletic and speed to burn, just gotta credit the youngsters from the Burg for hanging in there until the end and pulling out the W

Pburg sure did hang in there and they learned that not quitting can bring big rewards. This game was really good for them.
Nice win for Pburg! Another great game between these two teams. Pburg is young and it showed in the game with several missed passes or dropped passes... I think this team will get better and better each week. PCC great game and keep your heads up.
On another note the field looked great!
good job Pburg
Loved the field
Nice win pburg
Didn't get to see the game but sounds like a nice win for P'Burg. Can't wait to see P'Burg and Hazard game.
Gonna be a good year for me :biggrin:

Congrats Pburg
Great win for the Blackcats. The defense in the 2nd half really stepped it up. By my roster there were 7 sophmores or freshmen on the 2nd half defensive unit, and 5 on the offensive unit. The future looks bright and the present looks pretty good too.
PCC had this one in the bags but made some mistakes and Pburg capitalized!

Congrats Blackcats!!
Nice comeback for P-Burg.
Sounds like a good game.
Tough one to take, Prestonsburg capitalized on their opportunities when it counted, congrats to them. Jarrell is a good looking QB, also, the turf looks awesome. I think Perry will learn from this one, our running game will be a big factor for us this year, Pray at QB really gives us some good versatility.
Impressed with Preys play, Cant fault him for not getting the plays called for him to tuck and run! Even with how much we favored that last year and got kicked for it, Now we wont let the kid drop his wheels!

Congrats Blackcats!
Congrats BlackCats
Internet went out in the middle of my first post lol

Blackcats simply outlasted the Dores in this one.
In a game that was looking like a blowout...
slow and steady ended up winning the race.

Jarrell showed a lot of poise in the 4th and willed their team to victory.

As for Perry Central...
false starts, staring at the ball on an onside kick attempt, huffing and puffing, cramps, and some mental mistakes ended up costing them in this one.

If you're going to lose because of those things - it's best to do it at the start of the season lol

However - O-Line has improved and the running game looks good. I think Pray will take a few more games to get going. He simply didn't look comfortable throwing the ball in this one.

Good luck to both teams as they continue the season.
Great game to watch.
Congrats to prestonsburg on big come back win!!
First: An apology...

I stated after the scrimmage against Bryan Station that Prestonsburg probably wouldn't face athletes that good and fast all year... well, I was wrong.

Austin Pray is a MAN. He looked like the second coming of Vince Young in the first half. The other Prays (I assume they are all related???) looked great too, and Beatty played like the stud he is until getting dinged up a little. Those guys, and Robinson too, make the centerpiece for a very good PCC team.

Prestonsburg came out trying to throw it all over the place, and PCC was ready for it. The first 2 drives were atrocious for the Blackcats, and PCC looked nigh unstoppable. Pray is an outstanding player, and man he is hard to contain in space. PCC looked fresher and stronger in the first half and the Blackcats were very fortunate to still be in it at the half.

In the second half, Pburg made some changes on the defensive schemes...playing smaller quicker D linemen, and that helped to stem the offensive machine that PCC had become. The Blackcats also stopped blitzing the MLB's and allowed them to read, which helped tremendously. In the first half, Pray could take the snap and because our D linemen weren't getting any pressure, he could pick, read, and choose where to run. In the second half, our smaller faster linemen managed to get pressure, and Pray had to choose his holes almost immediately...thereby forcing him to commit earlier than he would have liked.

PCC just wore down through the game. Not a knock on them at all, but Prestonsburg's conditioning program is something akin to BUD/s training for Navy Seals. As the game wore on, Prestonsburg was able to seize momentum and that provided for a thrilling finish for the second year in a row for these 2 teams. This game ended almost exactly like last year's game: the home team scoring the winning TD within the last minute of regulation.

As nerve wracking as these last 2 games have been, it is always a great game between these 2 teams. Haddix is a great coach, and PCC always plays hard and aggressive.

Prestonsburg is a very, very young team. At least 3 freshmen start, and several others play promient roles. Jarrell looked a little shaky early, but found some composure late in the game after completing a few passes. He is just a Sophmore, and will improve as the year goes on. Freshman Dalton Frasure looked good at RB, but probably needs to be more Jerome Bettis and less Barry Sanders, given his size.

Congrats to PCC. The Robinson, Beatty, and Pray family combo will win them alot of games this year, and as Haddix works out the kinks with what he has, they will be a factor in their region.

Seems like the home team almost always wins this battle, so I hope we discontinue the series after this year...lol.
loved the game! black cats can only get better, loved watching the jarrell boys running out side by side brings back a lot of memories, i think its going to be a good year. j rodd is looking good, loved the play from the fres, and sop,:rockon:
Watched the game last night on WYMT both teams looked really good at times and really bad at times, but IMO what won the game for Prestonsburg was conditioning, Coach Derossett has his boys in great shape for the start of the season!!
Congrats blackcats!!! The field looked awesome!
After a nights sleep and thinking about this game. PCC played this game not to lose instead of too win. Im sure im going to get an ignorant response but the point im getting at is they let off the gas but they may of been to P-burgs 2nd half adjustments. For Perry to be very succesful this year they are actually going to have to run the ball more instead of throw it.
Congrats Blackcats! Shows you never give up till the end!
Pages: 1 2