Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaks that need to end this season
Do-double-gg Wrote:More then one mountain team needs to win a state championship!!!:Thumbs:

I agree.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Belfry has won in Putnam Stadium against the Tomcats, once in the playoffs.

I looked it up because I couldn't remember the year.

1989 Belfry 31, Ashland 14 at Putnam, Round 1

Ashland returned the favor the following year beating Belfry 35-20 at Vipperman and went on to win the 3A title.
wildone89 Wrote:I don't know the last team but it won't happen this year! Bell is just to strong and mentally tough to take a loss from a mountain school! Mark it down! HC was the better team last year but Bell co was just tougher when the chips were down. Sure HC wanted the win that night but the difference between bell and all other mountain teams is that bell wants the win 365 days out of the year and prepares that way. It has been a long time since someone has matched that kind of ---well what ever that is, it hasn't been matched! Like it or hate it, Bell is the king of the mnts period! The only team with a chance according to Harlan city would be the dragons in the panorama. Lol
Nah,Bell will beat us in the panorama just like when them and Lone Jack were 1A and we destroyed them both every year. But,in those days who didn't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:[/B]Nah,Bell will beat us in the panorama just like when them and Lone Jack were 1A and we destroyed them both every year. But,in those days who didn't.

It's fun pulling your chain, didn't think I was going to get a response? All jokes aside, it really wouldn't shock me if you all did beat them in the grid! Cumberland beat them a time or two, once the year they won it all if I am not mistaking?
wildone89 Wrote:Like it or hate it, Bell is the king of the mnts period! The only team with a chance according to Harlan city would be the dragons in the panorama. Lol

What is it with Harlan County fans and the whole "King of the Mountain" thing?

I swear I think half of their fans would trade a second round playoff loss every year for the next decade if it meant a single win over Bell in the regular season and being ranked #1 in the Mountain Top 10.
^lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wildone89 Wrote:It's fun pulling your chain, didn't think I was going to get a response? All jokes aside, it really wouldn't shock me if you all did beat them in the grid! Cumberland beat them a time or two, once the year they won it all if I am not mistaking?
I don't care about beating Bell in the grid. I just want to see how good our passing game could turn out to be. If we can score on Bell with half starters and half second stringers making up their defense then I think we could be successful against any 1A team. Thats what counts to me cause it doesn't matter what happens outside of the division. Our passing game should be about as good as it gets this season in 1A. Our defense should be better this season and how better to gauge them than against one of the best if not the best running game in the mountains in Bell Co. I look forward to it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What is it with Harlan County fans and the whole "King of the Mountain" thing?

I swear I think half of their fans would trade a second round playoff loss every year for the next decade if it meant a single win over Bell in the regular season and being ranked #1 in the Mountain Top 10.

what? I think your are mistaken! Bell is the big dog of the mountains! Every team should want to compete with the Bobcats! No team would trade a win for a loss in the playoffs! You think wrong!
Do-double-gg Wrote:I would love for someone from eastern kentucky to beat Bell County. I have all the respect for the Bell program but I think everyone is just a little sick of all the talk about the last time someone beat em!!:please:

Let them win out in the playoffs and we will see who the best is i wished we could have got this over with last year.TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What is it with Harlan County fans and the whole "King of the Mountain" thing?

Don't lump me in with the HC fans. I'm a Harlan Ind. fan. Go Dragons!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Backwoods Wrote:Don't lump me in with the HC fans. I'm a Harlan Ind. fan. Go Dragons!!!

Exactly correct. Two totally different teams. The good guys and then the bad guys( which would be the dragons). lol
wildone89 Wrote:Exactly correct. Two totally different teams. The good guys and then the bad guys( which would be the dragons). lol

The Dragons aren't the ones in black.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If Harlan County went 14-1 with a state title and there lone loss was to Bell County I think they would be dissapointed, atleast they would feel that way.
Backwoods Wrote:I don't care about beating Bell in the grid. I just want to see how good our passing game could turn out to be. If we can score on Bell with half starters and half second stringers making up their defense then I think we could be successful against any 1A team. Thats what counts to me cause it doesn't matter what happens outside of the division. Our passing game should be about as good as it gets this season in 1A. Our defense should be better this season and how better to gauge them than against one of the best if not the best running game in the mountains in Bell Co. I look forward to it.

Good post.
It will be a great measuring stick. If Harlan can pass the ball well against Bell's starters on defense, I know they can pass the ball on anyone else in 1A, especiall teams in there region, including Hazard, Pikeville, and Wburg.
I look for this to be the last game in a long series betweem Whitley and Lynn Camp.
I've got 2 steaks I'd love to see come to an end. First, someone other than Trintry or St. X win the 6A state championship. (I know, wishful thinking)

Second, public schools to win all 6 classes in the state championship!
We will take back the paddle from Bellevue this year. 10/5/2007 to now is a/n long enough lose streak.
cuppett777 Wrote:it may happen someday, just probally not in the near future,lol, go Pirates

The near future may be around 2014/2015 when these freshmen and sophs. are jrs. and seniors,lol. that's not really that far away when you think about it. This freshmen bunch is very talented and hungry and big things are excpected of them.
Big Five-0- Wrote:The near future may be around 2014/2015 when these freshmen and sophs. are jrs. and seniors,lol. that's not really that far away when you think about it. This freshmen bunch is very talented and hungry and big things are excpected of them.

Well your last year upper classman beat us two out of three times in middle school we won the championship it was close but it wasn't in high school so i wouldn't put to much into what they done to this point either way.TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
footballfever Wrote:I look for this to be the last game in a long series betweem Whitley and Lynn Camp.

Ive mentioned that several times in passing. I just dont see it continuing any longer. Its really a lose lose for both teams. Now that Mitchell is out of the picture i look for Lynn Camp to move on as they should.
I believe this is the second longest running annual game in the state, or atleast ive heard it was.
I believe the two have played every year since the mid 60's, without ever taking a year off. Other than the finacial aspect of a short trip and decent gates, its just not something that helps Whitley. It may have been different had Lynn Camp been able to keep it competetive, but its just to small of a school, and quite frankly not there fault. I know if iwas Russell, I wouldnt want to play a school that has over a 1000 more kids and that the school has onlt beaten twice in over twenty years.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Well your last year upper classman beat us two out of three times in middle school we won the championship it was close but it wasn't in high school so i wouldn't put to much into what they done to this point either way.TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

Pikeville won the middle school championship at Belfry by a score of 6 - 0. Was a close game, but a win and a Pike Co. midddle school championship.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive mentioned that several times in passing. I just dont see it continuing any longer. Its really a lose lose for both teams. Now that Mitchell is out of the picture i look for Lynn Camp to move on as they should.
I believe this is the second longest running annual game in the state, or atleast ive heard it was.
I believe the two have played every year since the mid 60's, without ever taking a year off. Other than the finacial aspect of a short trip and decent gates, its just not something that helps Whitley. It may have been different had Lynn Camp been able to keep it competetive, but its just to small of a school, and quite frankly not there fault. I know if iwas Russell, I wouldnt want to play a school that has over a 1000 more kids and that the school has onlt beaten twice in over twenty years.

Male Manual 1892, Paducah Tilghman Mayfield 1911, St X Trinity 1956. I know through research Williamsburg Pineville have played since 1951. Can't find out about 48,49,50 but did not play 46,47. Williamsburg Lynn Camp have played since at least 70. What was Whitley's 1st year of football?
The 1st three games I listed are recorded and listed on Wikipedia.
The longest recorded rivalry is Norwich Free Academy CT vs New London CT 1875.
footballfever Wrote:Male Manual 1892, Paducah Tilghman Mayfield 1911, St X Trinity 1956. I know through research Williamsburg Pineville have played since 1951. Can't find out about 48,49,50 but did not play 46,47. Williamsburg Lynn Camp have played since at least 70. What was Whitley's 1st year of football?
The 1st three games I listed are recorded and listed on Wikipedia.
The longest recorded rivalry is Norwich Free Academy CT vs New London CT 1875.

HDE might know more about it but the Harlan paper reported that year before last was the 90th year of the Harlan/Pineville rivalry. I don't know if they have had any off years or not. But is still a long rivalry. I think they reported the first game was in 1920 which was also,if I'm not mistaken,was the first year that the state began keeping game records. I know the Male/Manual game was recorded but not by the state until 1920. Someone who knows more might can attest to the accracy of my statements.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would like to see Russell beat 'THE FIGHTING TIGERS' of Ironton, now that Lutz is gone.
Perry beats Rock this year Wink
And why not...
Knott County plays a game and wins
Harlan County still loses to Bell County...
They closed the gap last year but they lost some key contributors.
I fully expect them to be back at the top of the district, but the Bobcats will leave Harlan alive.
zaga_fan Wrote:Harlan County still loses to Bell County...
They closed the gap last year but they lost some key contributors.
I fully expect them to be back at the top of the district, but the Bobcats will leave Harlan alive.

we appreciate that and i think the same thing. Harlan county was huge last year and had a awesome team. They smacked us around a bit in the first half but in the second half we put our hard hats on and tighten up. It got to where they got successful on two plays in the second half big runs with mcmillan going to the corners once we adjusted we stopped them several times on fouth down an a yard or 2 to go. i sure though harlan county would go onto win class 5a or loose to bg.
we had a great winter work out and now a few good team get togethers small non-padded practices. i enjoyed dinner with the team meeting get together. when we start the season we only take it 1 game at a time and not look ahead because if you do you can stump your toe's(dudley hilton quote)lol. We have some brutal practices that's almost game like too. There alot that goes into having a great program. i haven't even mention our good middle/fresh/jv school coaches that are big part of the program. Also I'd love to see us play belfry again its been so long since we have played them. i remember when my brother played for bell county the battles we had with belfry. we won a few and they won a few. i am not really sure on the series but we had some battles back in the old 3A days.

But back on topic a streak that i like to see end is lousivlle central 3a title dominance! and highlands 4a dominance.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:we appreciate that and i think the same thing. Harlan county was huge last year and had a awesome team. They smacked us around a bit in the first half but in the second half we put our hard hats on and tighten up. It got to where they got successful on two plays in the second half big runs with mcmillan going to the corners once we adjusted we stopped them several times on fouth down an a yard or 2 to go. i sure though harlan county would go onto win class 5a or loose to bg.
we had a great winter work out and now a few good team get togethers small non-padded practices. i enjoyed dinner with the team meeting get together. when we start the season we only take it 1 game at a time and not look ahead because if you do you can stump your toe's(dudley hilton quote)lol. We have some brutal practices that's almost game like too. There alot that goes into having a great program. i haven't even mention our good middle/fresh/jv school coaches that are big part of the program. Also I'd love to see us play belfry again its been so long since we have played them. i remember when my brother played for bell county the battles we had with belfry. we won a few and they won a few. i am not really sure on the series but we had some battles back in the old 3A days.

But back on topic a streak that i like to see end is lousivlle central 3a title dominance! and highlands 4a dominance.

To be fair and honest, Highlands has only been in 4A one year in the reclassification. That was last season. There consecutive titles were mostly won in 5A.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:w Also I'd love to see us play belfry again its been so long since we have played them. i remember when my brother played for bell county the battles we had with belfry. we won a few and they won a few. i am not really sure on the series but we had some battles back in the old 3A days.

I say we end 3 streaks at once:
- Bell ends Central's reign of terror in the Semi-Finals
- Bell and Belfry finally get to meet after over a decade
- Belfry ends their streak of 3 Title Game defeats by winning the title

Big Grin