Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Streaks that need to end this season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What streak would you like to see end this season? Losing streaks, playoff droughts, roadblocks, other

For example: Being a Cov. Holy Cross super fan, I'd like to see their win less streak against Beechwood end. They've never beaten the Tigers at the varsity level. I'd aslo like to see CovCath end its losing streak to Highlands and keep the rivalry strong.
I would love for someone from eastern kentucky to beat Bell County. I have all the respect for the Bell program but I think everyone is just a little sick of all the talk about the last time someone beat em!!:please:
Might be a good year for Somerset to get rid of the mantra: "Best program to never win a state title." Had very good teams in the past that could not do it. This team is considered by backers to be one of their better ones. :Thumbs:
Do-double-gg Wrote:I would love for someone from eastern kentucky to beat Bell County. I have all the respect for the Bell program but I think everyone is just a little sick of all the talk about the last time someone beat em!!:please:

I don't, because Rockcastle County is one of the few teams in Eastern Kentucky to beat Bell County multiple times AND multiple times in the playoffs. I don't want that to change soon. Confusedinglepar
Might be a good year for Tilghman to stop the losing streak to Mayfield. 5 or 6 in a row. I have stopped counting.
LWC Wrote:I don't, because Rockcastle County is one of the few teams in Eastern Kentucky to beat Bell County multiple times AND multiple times in the playoffs. I don't want that to change soon. Confusedinglepar

How does that do anything to help Rockcastle? If the current Rockets aren't capable of doing it--and they aren't. What does it prove to say that you beat them before most of the current players were in elementary school? :lame:
Rock was the only school to stay on top of Bell for a number of years.
id rather it not stop Tica were about to even the series up very soon i hope.
Montgomery Co losing to Rowan Co three years in a row really?
Do-double-gg Wrote:I would love for someone from eastern kentucky to beat Bell County. I have all the respect for the Bell program but I think everyone is just a little sick of all the talk about the last time someone beat em!!:please:

You must be apart of one of the programs that has lost to Bell multiple times.Confusednicker:
Bell County losing to Lexington Catholic
Belfry has never won at Ashland, hopefully this changes soon.

Also, 3 game losing streak in state title games, would be nice to get there and change that!
Definitely time for Somerset to be the bride, rather than the bridesmaid. The Jumpers have been to State five times (I think) and lost on all five of those occasions.
I am sure JC would love to end the streak of playoff loses to Highlands! It has to hurt to have one of the best teams in the state and not be able to even get to the championship game. Hopefully the two teams continue to have fun,competative playoff games, but I hope the streak of HHS wins continues.
toussaints Wrote:What streak would you like to see end this season? Losing streaks, playoff droughts, roadblocks, other

For example: Being a Cov. Holy Cross super fan, I'd like to see their win less streak against Beechwood end. They've never beaten the Tigers at the varsity level. I'd aslo like to see CovCath end its losing streak to Highlands and keep the rivalry strong.

HC will have some conf' after last season going into this one. and a little 'tude to break the streak.

On Cov Cath - Highlands this would be a good year for it for the colonels it all depends on their OLine. although highlands has a streak going in this one since their 2006 loss the games between the two are actually really close every year. I think the rivalry is still there.
pikeville to beat belfry. dont know if it will ever happen again
GetChili Wrote:Definitely time for Somerset to be the bride, rather than the bridesmaid. The Jumpers have been to State five times (I think) and lost on all five of those occasions.

Agreed, a lot of tradition with no state title
Russell needs to put an end to Raceland's 4 game winning streak. Time to put a stop to little brothers run.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry has never won at Ashland, hopefully this changes soon.

Also, 3 game losing streak in state title games, would be nice to get there and change that!

Belfry has won in Putnam Stadium against the Tomcats, once in the playoffs.

I agree on the state championship drought, would be nice to win the next one.
Amped 88 Wrote:You must be apart of one of the programs that has lost to Bell multiple times.Confusednicker:
This is true!! lol
Who was the last moutain team to beat bell co.....the steak may end this year
fence jumper Wrote:Who was the last moutain team to beat bell co.....the steak may end this year

Rockcastle if you consider them in the Mountains.
Do-double-gg Wrote:This is true!! lol

Was it 08 or 09 that Lawrence was "gonna" beat Bell as we seen on here and Bell went up there and really laid a butt whoopin on LC? Confusednicker:
Mastadon89 Wrote:pikeville to beat belfry. dont know if it will ever happen again

it may happen someday, just probally not in the near future,lol, go Pirates
fence jumper Wrote:Who was the last moutain team to beat bell co.....the steak may end this year

I don't know the last team but it won't happen this year! Bell is just to strong and mentally tough to take a loss from a mountain school! Mark it down! HC was the better team last year but Bell co was just tougher when the chips were down. Sure HC wanted the win that night but the difference between bell and all other mountain teams is that bell wants the win 365 days out of the year and prepares that way. It has been a long time since someone has matched that kind of ---well what ever that is, it hasn't been matched! Like it or hate it, Bell is the king of the mnts period! The only team with a chance according to Harlan city would be the dragons in the panorama. Lol
birdman44 Wrote:On Cov Cath - Highlands this would be a good year for it for the colonels it all depends on their OLine. although highlands has a streak going in this one since their 2006 loss the games between the two are actually really close every year. I think the rivalry is still there.

I think the rivalry is still very strong, and last year's regular season game picked the intensity back up, but ive got a feeling that CCH's window is going to close for several seasons if they don't get it this year.
wildone89 Wrote:I don't know the last team but it won't happen this year! Bell is just to strong and mentally tough to take a loss from a mountain school! Mark it down! HC was the better team last year but Bell co was just tougher when the chips were down. Sure HC wanted the win that night but the difference between bell and all other mountain teams is that bell wants the win 365 days out of the year and prepares that way. It has been a long time since someone has matched that kind of ---well what ever that is, it hasn't been matched! Like it or hate it, Bell is the king of the mnts period! The only team with a chance according to Harlan city would be the dragons in the panorama. Lol

sure would like to see that against Belfry, but we wont, sure think it would of ended last year...TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Norm Peterson Wrote:How does that do anything to help Rockcastle? If the current Rockets aren't capable of doing it--and they aren't. What does it prove to say that you beat them before most of the current players were in elementary school? :lame:

Has anyone done it since? Nope. If you were the last mountain team to do it, you are the last mountain team to do it. It doesn't matter when it was.

If I had a boxing match against Rocky Marciano, and I knocked him out over and over again, I don't care if it was 1 year ago or 6 years ago, I would still brag.

I was in high school (not on that team) the last time Rock beat Bell. I graduated in 2006. So it was no more than 10 years ago. You make it sound like eternity. However, even if it was 100 years ago, if nobody has done it since AND nobody has done it multiple times in the playoffs, might as well keep bragging until somebody else does.

Rock does have a few other things to brag about like beating Highlands badly in the playoffs. Not a lot of, if any, mountain teams can make that brag. Also, have had two State title appearances in the last dozen years, again, a lot of mountain teams cannot make that brag.

Rock has been down recently, but last year had a good season, so it isn't like they are a losing team holding onto a desperate cry of tradition. It is difficult for anyone to win a title having to go through Boyle County, Bell County, Covington Catholic and Highlands for years and years, lol.
I'd like to see Harlan end it's losing streak against cross mountain rivals Pikeville and Hazard. Hazard especially. It's been awhile.
More then one mountain team needs to win a state championship!!!:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 3