Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thunder 105 - Heat 94 (Finals Game 1)
If the Heat lose your gonna catch hell for a year from everyone Big Grin
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The point it. The heat was leading. Your MVP has to demand the ball. Not pass to Bosh for open 3s. What did durant do in the 4th? He took the game into his hands. Scored what almost 17 points in the 4th? Thats what Kobe does, Thats what jordan did, thats what LEBRON has to do.

Are you agreeing with me?
Because that's what I said.
to be honest, I don't know how many or if any people will agree with me on this but I think D-Wade is better than LBJ
Strikeout King Wrote:to be honest, I don't know how many or if any people will agree with me on this but I think D-Wade is better than LBJ

L-o-L

There is no way you can be watching the same playoffs that we are and come to that conclusion without the aide of hallucinogenic drugs or hater goggles.
L O L @ all of SKOs post in the thread.
Strikeout King Wrote:If the Heat lose your gonna catch hell for a year from everyone Big Grin

Just for the Heat losing? I've caught hell on this site for four years, I welcome the HEAT Wink

I'd be shocked if no one said anything!
zaga_fan Wrote:L-o-L

There is no way you can be watching the same playoffs that we are and come to that conclusion without the aide of hallucinogenic drugs or hater goggles.

:thatsfunn
I'm beginning to wonder if he's ever seen a game in his life with some of the posts he's come up with of late Confusednicker:
D-Wade

1 - NBA Championship
1 - NBA Finals MVP
1 - All Star Game MVP
7X- NBA All Star (6X Starter)
3X - NBA All Defensive Second Team
2X - All-NBA First Team honors
2X - All-NBA Second Team honors
1 - All-NBA Third Team honors
unanimous All-Rookie Team selection
6X - NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Month
15X - NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week

owns the HEAT single-season records for points, scoring average, field goals made and attempted, free throws made and attempted and is tied for double-figure scoring efforts…also owns the HEAT record for most points in a half (32, twice), most points in an overtime period (12), most overtime points in a game (14), most consecutive points (18 vs. Cleveland on Jan. 21, 2008), most free throws made in a game (23) and most field goals attempted in a half (21) and is tied for most points in a quarter (24, twice)…is the HEAT’s all-time leader in points, field goals made and attempted, free throws made and attempted, double-figure scoring efforts, assists, steals, starts and minutes…also ranks among the HEAT’s all-time leaders in games (2nd), blocks (3rd), defensive rebounds (4th), double-doubles (4th), field goal percentage (5th), total rebounds (5th), three-point field goals made (6th) and attempted (6th), offensive rebounds (7th) and free throw percentage (11th)…has scored in double figures 528 times, including 404 games with at least 20 points, 185 times with at least 30 points, 32 games with at least 40 points and three 50-point outings…has led Miami in scoring 372 times, including a franchise-record 71 in 2008-09…his high for most consecutive games scoring in double figures is a franchise-record 148 (Feb. 1, 2008-Feb. 16, 2010)…his high for consecutive 20-point games is a HEAT record 23 (Mar. 20, 2009-Nov. 17, 2009)…has grabbed double-figure rebounds 33 times and handed out double-figure assists 75 times…has amassed 104 double-doubles and four triple-doubles…his high for consecutive games with a double-double is four and has occurred twice (Dec. 7-13, 2005 and Dec. 3-9, 2007)…has hit at least 10 free throws in a game 133 times…led the HEAT in points and scoring average for six consecutive years from 2004-10 becoming the only player in franchise history to lead in each of those categories six straight seasons…has thrown home 775 dunks…his high for consecutive games with a steal is 21 (Feb. 27, 2009-Apr. 7, 2009)…has recorded 285 multi-steal and 140 multi-block games…his high for consecutive starts is 257 (Jan. 8, 2008-present) and his high for consecutive games played is 66 (Oct. 29, 2008-Mar. 15, 2009)…has started each of the 87 postseason games in which he has played and has averaged 25.9 points, 5.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 1.64 steals and 40.5 minutes while shooting 48.3 percent from the floor, 32.7 percent from three-point range and 78.9 percent from the foul line…owns the HEAT playoff scoring records for a game (46), a second half (30), a first quarter (17), a third quarter (22) and a fourth quarter (20)…also owns the HEAT postseason single-game records for assists, field goals made and free throws made and attempted…owns nine of the top 10 single-series scoring averages in HEAT postseason history, including each of the top five…topped the HEAT in scoring average in 11 consecutive playoff series from 2004-10…has scored in double figures 86 times in postseason play with 70 games of at least 20 points, 29 games of 30-or-more points and six 40-point games…has scored in double figures in each of his last 84 playoff games, a franchise record…his 17 consecutive games with at least 20 points (June 6, 2005-May 31, 2006) and his four consecutive 30-point games (June 13-20, 2006) are both franchise playoff records…is Miami’s all-time postseason leader in points, field goals made and attempted, free throws made and attempted, assists, double-doubles, double-figure scoring games, 20-point games, 30-point games, 40-point games, steals, games, minutes and starts…also ranks among Miami’s postseason leaders in three-point field goals made (2nd) and attempted (2nd), blocked shots (2nd), dunks (2nd), offensive (3rd), defensive (3rd) and total rebounds (3rd)…has led Miami in scoring in 60 of his 87 playoff games, including a franchise-record 22 consecutive from June 8, 2006-Apr. 27, 2010…has grabbed double-figure rebounds eight times in postseason play and handed out double-figure assists on nine occasions…has 18 postseason career double-doubles…has made seven All-Star Game appearances (six starts) and has averaged 16.9 points, 4.0 assists, 3.3 rebounds, 2.71 steals and 25.4 minutes…hit the game-winning field goal in the 2006 All-Star Game and was the MVP of the 2010 All-Star Game after scoring a game-high 28 points.

LeBron James

0 - NBA Championship
2X - NBA Regular Season MVP
7X - NBA All Star
2X - NBA All Game MVP Honors
5X - All-NBA First Team honors
2X - All-NBA Second Team honors
3X - NBA All-Defensive First Team selection
ROTY
unanimous All-Rookie First Team selection in 2003-04
6X - winner of the NBA’s Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month award
18X - NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Month
31X - NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week a league-record

topped the NBA in field goals made and triple-doubles three seasons each and led the league in scoring average, free throws made and minutes per game one season each…has scored in double figures on 619 occasions, including 519 games with at least 20 points, 258 games with 30-or-more points, 46 40-point performances and nine 50-point efforts…enters the 2011-12 season having scored in double figures a career-high 357 consecutive games, a streak that began on Jan. 6, 2007…his longest stretch of consecutive 20-point games is 49 (Dec. 14, 2007-Mar. 26, 2008)…his longest streak of consecutive 30-point outings is 10 (Mar. 22, 2006-Apr. 10, 2006)…has recorded back-to-back 40-point performances three times…has scored over 2,000 points in each of the last seven seasons and finished second in the NBA in points scored each season…has grabbed double-figure rebounds on 138 occasions and handed out double-figure assists 104 times…has recorded 195 double-doubles and 32 triple-doubles…his high for consecutive double-doubles is five and occurred twice (Nov. 28, 2009-Dec. 8, 2009 and Mar. 22-27, 2007) and his high for consecutive triple-doubles is three (Mar. 7-12, 2009)…his high for consecutive field goals made is 13 (Jan. 31, 2011-Feb. 3, 2011) and his high consecutive free throws made is 25 (Apr. 3-8, 2009)…his high for consecutive games with a three-point field goal made is 19 (Mar. 5, 2008-Apr. 11, 2008)…has hit multiple treys in a game 241 times…his career high for consecutive games played is 117 (Feb. 1, 2005-Apr. 12, 2006)…his high for consecutive games with a steal is 21 (Dec. 27, 2006-Feb. 7, 2007) and his high for consecutive games with a block is 13 (Dec. 21, 2008-Jan. 19, 2009)…has 316 multi-steal games and 127 multi-block games…ranks among the HEAT’s all-time leaders in triple-doubles (1st), double-doubles (14th), free throw percentage (14th), free throws made (18th), free throws attempted (18th) and assists (20th)…is the Cavaliers all-time regular season leader in points, scoring average, field goals made and attempted, free throws made and attempted, three-point field goals attempted, steals, triple-doubles and minutes…has started all 92 postseason games in which he has appeared and has averaged 28.0 points, 8.4 rebounds, 7.0 assists, 1.65 steals, 1.01 blocks and 43.6 minutes while shooting 46 percent from the floor, 32.3 percent from three-point range and 74.6 percent from the foul line…ranks among Miami’s postseason leaders in assists (3rd), dunks (5th), double-doubles (tied-5th), points (6th), free throws made (6th) and attempted (6th), field goals made (6th) and attempted (7th), blocks (7th), defensive rebounds (tied-7th), total rebounds (8th), steals (8th), double-figure scoring efforts (tied-8th) and offensive rebounds (10th)…is Cleveland’s postseason leader in points, scoring average, field goals made and attempted, three-point field goals made and attempted, free throws made and attempted, assists, steals and minutes…has scored in double figures in 91 postseason outings, including 79 games with at least 20 points, 40 games of 30-or-more points and nine 40-point performances…his longest streak of consecutive postseason games scoring in double figures is 89 (Apr. 22, 2006-Jun. 5, 2011)…has grabbed double-figure rebounds 30 times and dished out double-figure assists 14 times in postseason play and has amassed 37 double-doubles and seven triple-doubles…has started all seven All-Star Games in which he has appeared and has averaged 24.4 points (tops in All-Star Game history), 7.1 rebounds, 6.0 assists, 1.57 steals and 30.7 minutes while shooting 51.1 percent from the floor and 76 percent from the foul line.

Now I maybe wrong about D-Wade being better than LBJ but for anyone to say that no one is on LBJ's League/Level is just plain dumb and stupid. To say that he's the best in the NBA is also just dumb and stupid. If he was he would have championship after championship and he has yet to have any
zaga_fan Wrote:L-o-L

MVP2 Wrote:L O L @ all of SKOs post in the thread.

laugh all you all want, when the THUNDER win the NBA Championship, we will see who's laughing ........ Confusednicker: Big Grin
Strikeout King Wrote:laugh all you all want, when the THUNDER win the NBA Championship, we will see who's laughing ........ Confusednicker: Big Grin

Laugh all you want...
I'm already guaranteed to dislike the champion...
however, the amount of laughing you're entitled to has nothing to do with D-Wade being better that Lebron.
Hey I'm not laughing..........................................................YET
Strikeout King Wrote:Now I maybe wrong about D-Wade being better than LBJ but for anyone to say that no one is on LBJ's League/Level is just plain dumb and stupid. To say that he's the best in the NBA is also just dumb and stupid. If he was he would have championship after championship and he has yet to have any

So why do the NBA players say he's the best? Why do the NBA coaches say he's the best? Why was he elected the captain of the Olympic team, in which veterans like Kobe who had much more clout with rings deferred to LBJ? You can hate on him all you want, but it does not change the fact that those well above any of our paygrades, believe LBJ is the best in the world. The Heat have always been considered as D-Wades team, yet who said this team is LBJ's - D-Wade!

All this garbage about James does not come through didn't seem to fit with Boston's Keyon Dooling after the heat beat them:

“He’s a guy who is the most unselfish superstar I have ever seen,” Boston guard Keyon Dooling said. “He rebounds the ball, assists the ball and empowers friends from his community. He’s a model citizen. He shouldn’t have a stain on his reputation.”

We've heard ALL of this before:

So was Dan Moreno a choker? Did he suck?

Wilt Chamberlain only won one championship in his prime years, but he was not the most dominant player in the game?

A-Rod was a nobody until he won a title! Jim Kelly was a JOKE because he got to five Super Bowls, FIVE OF THEM, but he was the biggest choker of all time because he never came away with a ring????

:igiveup:
SD we've been hearing, "this is James year" every year since he's been in the NBA and he's got NOTHING! Wilt Chamberlain may have only won 1 NBA Championship but he's done something no one ever has, scoring 100 in 1 game, without the 3 point line.
So if Wilt would not have scored 100 points, would he have sucked? Would Wilt have scored 100 today? IMPOSSIBLE!!! Would Wilt average 50 points per game in a season today???? Wilt was the BEST in his time!

Dan Morino never won a tile, so should that take him out of the top five all-time, because everyone in the "Know" took him out of it?

Jim Kelly must be the worst quarterback EVER that led his team to the BIGGEST prize in football but came up short!
How do you know if Wilt could of scored 100 today? (If he was in the league right now) NO ONE has ever done it before and never will.
Strikeout King Wrote:How do you know if Wilt could of scored 100 today? (If he was in the league right now) NO ONE has ever done it before and never will.

Wilt did it against a team with a line-up of 6-8, 6-8, 6-5, 6-2, 5-11, and three of them were white....
What is your point about Wilt and his 100. Wilt was great, but it wasn't because of his 100! Matt Flynn threw for 486 yards in a single game for the Packers, most every by a Packers QB. So, does that now make Flynn better than Bart Starr, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers????
Kobe has dropped 60 in a half on a couple of occassions, 30 in a quarter before, I see no reason why if he had wanted to he could have dropped a hundred already. You get benched before you reach that mark in todays NBA. Phil didnt let Kobe play the second half of 1 game where he had 60 in the first half if i recall correctly. So nothing is impossible, just unlikely in todays game.
^ 3 quarters
Then what made Wilt Great Dusty? Since you know it all. If it wasn't his 100 then what was it?
Stardust Wrote:^ 3 quarters

Your right sir. It was 55 in a half on the 81 game. My mistake.
Kobe has had 30 points in a quarter twice though.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol at you an your Kobe talk.
I dont understand the obsession, hes not even top 10.

Just seen this, most ridiculous comment I have ever seen. This tops SD's Heat-Lebron james trash he spews lol.
Strikeout King Wrote:Then what made Wilt Great Dusty? Since you know it all. If it wasn't his 100 then what was it?

Are you being serious??? One game does not make a GREAT athlete? Is Matt Flynn now considered the greatest Packer QB of all time? How about consistency over a career? So, it Wilt scored 100 points and that was the ONLY accomplishment that he ever had, would he still be listed in the top 5 all-time players????

SK, am I the only one confused by this???
Stardust Wrote:Are you being serious??? One game does not make a GREAT athlete? Is Matt Flynn now considered the greatest Packer QB of all time? How about consistency over a career? So, it Wilt scored 100 points and that was the ONLY accomplishment that he ever had, would he still be listed in the top 5 all-time players????

Im not SK, but I agree with you here. Its way more then just that one game that made Wilt great.
^ That was the point I was trying to make K_Mac. You know I give you hell about Kobe, but I think you know how I really feel. I was almost going to pull you in and ask you "If Kobe's only accomplishment was 81 points, would that make him GREAT"? Kobe deserves the distinction of what he has accomplished over his entire career! Kobe had years where he was the best in the NBA, no arguing about it! Had Kobe never won a title, no one could deny Kobe's place in the HOF! It's what I was trying to point out about other's. Where will LBJ finish? Who knows! But to say he is not worthy of the accolades (and the jeers) is not legitimate!
Stardust Wrote:Are you being serious??? One game does not make a GREAT athlete? Is Matt Flynn now considered the greatest Packer QB of all time? How about consistency over a career? So, it Wilt scored 100 points and that was the ONLY accomplishment that he ever had, would he still be listed in the top 5 all-time players????

and yet you say that LBJ is the greatest player in the league right now, what makes him the greatest? Sure he has accomplishments but 0 Championships, he has choked every time he's been in the Finals. He's went by King James since Junior Year in High School. I don't see why the Analyst get so worked up over him.
So MJ did not deserve to be called the best player in the NBA in 1987? MJ was considered the best player on the planet because of his accomplishments on the floor (not just scoring). Yet, MJ did not win a title until 1990? So it wasn't deserved be be called the BEST player in the NBA until he won a title?

Dan Morino was considered the best QB in the league during his playing career! Not deserved???

Back to Wilt, he was considered the best player in the NBA beginning his rookie year! So it was not deserved with all those losses to Bill Russell's Celtic teams only until his Philadelphia Warriors won a title in '66????

If you say Yes to any of those above, then it is justified for NOT SD to say he's the best player on the planet, but everyone in the NBA who say's it! Right???? SD is riding the bandwagon that the players themselves are stating!