Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Thunder 105 - Heat 94 (Finals Game 1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thunder lead 1-0

King Chokes alot does what he's best at CHOKING!

Dusty get ready, Thunder gonna run wild on your Heat and Mr. Chokes a lot in big games. Confusednicker:
Lol the MVP dominated the 4th quarter. Durant probably had more points in his first ever playoff game 4th quarter then Lebron had in the entire finals last year. That's unfortunate. Durant is a 4th quarter machine.
It was game one on the Thunder's homecourt...
I wouldn't put too much stock in this one guys.
The home team did what they were supposed to do.

I hate both of these teams so I could care less in this one lol
Zaga your suppose to represent the West Coast, I would Represent the East, only if the Heat ain't in it...hell I would represent the East if the Wizards were in the Finals but can't do it because of the Heat, simply because I can't stand them.
Skip Bayless Tweet:

Quote:@realskipbayless: That clinches it: Kevin Durant is definitely better than LeBron. Durant alone might be too much for the Heat.

smart man
I'm with zaga, game 1 at the Thunders house. And how did Lebron choke?
did you not see him miss shots down the stretch? He did score 30 and have 9 Boards but there with about 3 and half to go he missed shots that would have brought the Heat closer.
Only people feeling any Heat are the Heat!
I don't consider Lebron to have choked. He was definitely not the best player last night, but he didn't choke. He was even hitting free throws in the 4th.
Did anyone not see him miss that 3 and layup? It's funny because if he done that in the Regular Season, everyone called him Choke Artist, now he does it and he's not one? Since when did everyone jump on the LBJ Bandwagon? If LBJ don't get it this year he never will
Fact of game 1... Wasn't about KD or Lebron.. both played good but....

Westbrook>Wade

Westbrook was killing Wade..
I don't have to "rep" the West Coast SOK.
I've said all year long that the West is the better conference top-to-bottom and that doesn't change after this series.

And anyone who puts any stock on something that comes out of Skip Bayless's mouth deserves to have their post count reset.
What happens if the Heat win 4 straight and Lebron drops 40 a game....
I guess it doesn't matter because Durant has already "clinched" it.

Durant doesn't have the strength, passing, defense, or rebounding to be considered in Lebron's league.

And everyone please don't accuse me of getting on the LBJ bandwagon. I still hate him....but I'm not blind.
who won last night and who had more points? That's stupid to say that Durant shouldn't be considered in LBJ's league

March 25 Thunder 103-87 - LBJ 17 Pts, 3 Rebs, 7 Asst. - Durrant 28 pts, 9 Rebs, 8 Asst

April 4 Heat 98-93 - LBJ 34 pts, 7 Rebs, 10 Asst. - Durrant 30 pts, 4 Rebs, 3 Asst

June 12 Thunder 105-94: LBJ 30 pts, 9 Rebs, 4 Asst. - Durrant 36 pts, 8 Rebs, 4 Asst.

Looks to me there in the same league.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't have to "rep" the West Coast SOK.
I've said all year long that the West is the better conference top-to-bottom and that doesn't change after this series.

And anyone who puts any stock on something that comes out of Skip Bayless's mouth deserves to have their post count reset.

He speaks the truth...
Lebron choking is hardly the case last night. It's impossible to get open looks when you are double teamed the entire quarter. Lebron carried the Heat until the best coach in the finals made the adjustment to stuff James in the 4th. Had the Thunder double teamed LBJ before the 4th, the Heat could have made an adjustment. This comes down to D-Wade. If Wade does not step up and make shots or get to the basket, the Heat will be in trouble. Everyone wants to make the comparison of what Durant did in the 4th quarter. Durant was able to go off purely because of Westbrook! Brook dominated the 3rd quarter and is showing that Wade's knee is just not up to par for him to stop Brook the way he did the first two times these teams played. With the ease that Brook was getting to the basket in the 3rd, the Heat made the adjustment to stop him, thus leaving Durant 1:1, which if you play either Durant or James 1:1, you won't stop them. SK is so blind to the fact that James had 2 hands in his face on every shot he took in the 4th quarter, but he think that is choking:dontthink Durant was privileged to have had Westbrook get all the Heat's attention, thus leaving him OPEN for shots!

It's only game one, and we have seen how the Heat CHOKE this year when their backs are against the wall!:popcorn:
Im not going to get on here and start on lebron for choking because he isnt Jordan, and I dont hold him to that kind of standard any more. Im over the supposed "King" and wish everyone else was too. He's not Jordan and he doesnt have to drop 20 in the 4th quarter and hit the game winner. If its not his game, its not his game. Fact is Thunder are a better TEAM. They won without Harden in this one (he was basically invisible) So for the rest of this series I think the Heat and Lebron better fear the beard. The Thunder are only starting to Roll.
[Image: Wait-...-carry-the-one-...-hmm.-Screenca...rinson.jpg]

Did LBJ choke in the fourth quarter?

I saw this online and I thought it was pretty interesting.
Game = 30 pts
First 3 quarters = 23 pts
4th Quarter = 7 pts

4x7=28 ---- So if Lebron did what he did in the 4th quarter for the other 3 quarters he would have had 28 pts versus the 30 pts he attained while "choking" in the 4th.

The shot percentages do vary quite a bit...
however - the percentage is inflated int he fourth because of the amount of shots he took. He's .500 in the first 3 and .333 in the fourth. But if he would have made 3-6 instead of 2-6 he would be right at .500. In fact....take that 9-18 and divide it by quarters and you get....you guessed it....3 for 6. He is down one FG from his production earlier in the game.

FTs....I don't have to explain that do I? 3-4 and 4-5 is really splitting hairs. And in all honesty he almost went to the line as much in the 4th as he did the entire game.

Rebounds...7 in the first 3 quarters and 2 in the last one. If he kept that up for the entire game he would have finished with 8 boards instead of 9.

I leave you by saying this....Lebron didn't choke in the fourth.
However, He didn't step up either. This wasn't a matter of Lebron choking and the Thunder capitalizing. It was 100% the fact that Durant and Westbrook put the Thunder on their backs'
^ Zaga your on the LBJ bandwagon. He's done this all year and you've called him a choke artist.

I'm sorry but 7+23 is NOT 40. How do you get 40?
Strikeout King Wrote:^ Zaga your on the LBJ bandwagon. He's done this all year and you've called him a choke artist.

I'm sorry but 7+23 is NOT 40. How do you get 40?

I'm not on any freaking bandwagon.
And I meant 30 and went on to reference 30 later on in the post.

Did you not see at the end where I said he didn't choke but he didn't step up either. If he did that crap he did last year and had single digits for the game or would have went completely cold and had 2 points in the fourth like he has been known for doing....
then I would have no qualms about saying he choked for the umpteenth time.
But this time he just had an average quarter for a player of his caliber. If someone goes for 28 and 8 for the entire season they are in the All-Star game. He played at that clip for one quarter and we call him a choke.

Like I said...
I don't like either of these teams or any of the players...
but I'm not blind.
The point it. The heat was leading. Your MVP has to demand the ball. Not pass to Bosh for open 3s. What did durant do in the 4th? He took the game into his hands. Scored what almost 17 points in the 4th? Thats what Kobe does, Thats what jordan did, thats what LEBRON has to do.
so missing shots down the stretch isn't called choking? then what is? He's done that all year everyone has called him a choke artist. He did have 30, 23 through the first 3 quarters and didn't do crap in the 4th.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The point it. The heat was leading. Your MVP has to demand the ball. Not pass to Bosh for open 3s. What did durant do in the 4th? He took the game into his hands. Scored what almost 17 points in the 4th? Thats what Kobe does, Thats what jordan did, thats what LEBRON has to do.

can we just stop comparing him to them and compare him to someone else, like elgin baylor or something?
Btw this isnt a dis to lebron, Baylor was one of the all time greats idc what anyone says. And lebron will be too, even without a ring. He just wont be a Kobe Jordan or Magic IMO.
zaga_fan Wrote:[Image: Wait-...-carry-the-one-...-hmm.-Screenca...rinson.jpg]

Did LBJ choke in the fourth quarter?

I saw this online and I thought it was pretty interesting.
Game = 30 pts
First 3 quarters = 23 pts
4th Quarter = 7 pts

4x7=28 ---- So if Lebron did what he did in the 4th quarter for the other 3 quarters he would have had 28 pts versus the 30 pts he attained while "choking" in the 4th.

The shot percentages do vary quite a bit...
however - the percentage is inflated int he fourth because of the amount of shots he took. He's .500 in the first 3 and .333 in the fourth. But if he would have made 3-6 instead of 2-6 he would be right at .500. In fact....take that 9-18 and divide it by quarters and you get....you guessed it....3 for 6. He is down one FG from his production earlier in the game.

FTs....I don't have to explain that do I? 3-4 and 4-5 is really splitting hairs. And in all honesty he almost went to the line as much in the 4th as he did the entire game.

Rebounds...7 in the first 3 quarters and 2 in the last one. If he kept that up for the entire game he would have finished with 8 boards instead of 9.

I leave you by saying this....Lebron didn't choke in the fourth.
However, He didn't step up either. This wasn't a matter of Lebron choking and the Thunder capitalizing. It was 100% the fact that Durant and Westbrook put the Thunder on their backs'

While i hate the heat i agree with you on this.
Espn looked stupid putting that on sportscenter.
I noticed everything as soon as i saw it.
Hell he did EXACTLY what he did in the first three qtrs.

ESPN is getting really close to being stupid as hell with rejects like Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless, Jalen Rose, etc.....They need to hire actual anchors to do the show, not former players who washed up early or guys who are only there to put on a show.
K_Mac Wrote:Btw this isnt a dis to lebron, Baylor was one of the all time greats idc what anyone says. And lebron will be too, even without a ring. He just wont be a Kobe Jordan or Magic IMO.

lol at you an your Kobe talk.
I dont understand the obsession, hes not even top 10.
K_Mac Wrote:can we just stop comparing him to them and compare him to someone else, like elgin baylor or something?

No
Strikeout King Wrote:so missing shots down the stretch isn't called choking? then what is? He's done that all year everyone has called him a choke artist. He did have 30, 23 through the first 3 quarters and didn't do crap in the 4th.

Seriously, YOU JUST DON'T GET IT SK! So, if the Heat would have double-teamed Durant, and he would have shot 2-15 in the 4th quarter, because it was impossible for him to get to the basket or have open looks, would Durant has CHOKED because he missed those shots!:insane:
how do you miss a layup? I could have hit that blindfolded.

SD I do have a question for you, If the Heat lose the Finals are you gonna blame it on the refs or say the NBA is rigged because your player didn't win a championship?
^ No, and I never have! 100% of those comments I have made have been in jest because of the crap spewed by others when Lebron WINS! Wink
Pages: 1 2 3