Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge has hired Randy McCoy
Has a official announcement been made, I know everyone I’ve talked to says Coach McCoy is the head coach officially, but I haven’t seen a official announcement in the papers or anything. Any news on what players are staying and one’s that might be coming in. I talked to a former coach last week that I’m very close to; he said rumors were flying around like wildfire about possible players coming to East Ridge, so who knows on that front of things.
Expect a formal announcement around the 1st of July when the official school year begins and contracts end!
haha he'll get fired from er for messing around with girls like he has everywhere else that he has been
Good Hire for the team if randy focuses on the team!
Randy is a good fit up @ ER and everybody knows he is so competitive that he will be hard to beat no matters who he has playing. I think you can expect to see ER in the mix and they have finally got someone who will not faint from political or parental pressure. I cannot wait until the season begins! Good Luck Coach!
Is that why he did so well & was so competitive at U-Heights??? Had all kinds of athletes and what did he do----NOTHING.. Keep believing and good luck!!!
Didn't he go to state in 08?
He will do a very good job at East Ridge. He had some nice teams at Elkhorn City in the early 90's. I believe he also won a Class A state title at UHA.
Randy also took Elkhorn to state, he also took Elkhorn to the All-A State Tournament too. Coach McCoy's record speaks for its self. Ask most players who've played for him, and they will tell you how good a coach he is. Coach McCoy is the best fit for East Ridge, he's the coach most everyone has been wanting for sometime.
Randy is the right fit and what everyone has been waiting for? Really?? I've heard many ppl around the community and students say they know Randy's past so I wouldn't speak for everyone Captain. There are a lot of peoPle that are VERY upset with this hire.. His past is quite sketchy and I hope for his sake he is put all these demons in the closet and locked them up. But u must be a friend of Randy and on his side.. But all in all, I wish ER the best of luck and I still think giving LeMaster one year and told him he would be rebuilding and wouldn't win 8 ball games and what he did taking that group of youngsters and inexperience was amazing.. But good luck with McCoy and all his BAGGAGE.
Sounds like some ER fans are turning a blind eye to what supposedly happened at UPike for the sake of winning ballgames. All you see posted is what a winner he is and how he can recruit(which I thought was against the rules). Rules and morals be damned, lets win some games.
I am not for anyone or against anyone but these are the facts of how this situation came about. James Hurley was hired when the school opened and had a good run. He moved on to bigger things and since he had been head coach at EC before and was head asst dp May got job. At end of summer of 1st year becieded to take better teaching job. When school started ER had no coach. Football coach E Ratliff was talked into job for 3 years.When R Justice lost job at LCC came back to Pike CO. Ratliff was told at end of year he would not be back. If this had not happened Ratliff would have stayed and I think still been there. Justice 2 years brings in transfers then bolts for the cash. That summer ER cannot find coach no one wants it. Rumor says McCoy coming but board member Xs it. Lamaster last minute hire. At end of this year someone complains enought to get Lemaster out and McCoy in. I belive it is more politics than desire to win games.
Good hire...if he does anything it will help the team!:poker face: