Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge has hired Randy McCoy
East Ridge has hired Randy McCoy to replace former Kentucky player Preston Lemaster, who coached the boy's basketball program last season.

It states it in this article:

Ray Kasongo Talks East Ridge, Recruiting and Adidas Nations
Good hire? Bad hire? Average hire?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is an absolute travesty. Poor Coach Lemaster. You make it to a Regional Final in your "FIRST" YEAR and are canned. Way to go East Ridge....way to go:flush:
Randy will do a fine job at ER but he will bring in some talent. I just hope he can hang on to what he has inherited. I will be glad to see him and Cheri again.
Nothing against Randy, but Preston got a raw deal.
This is a great hire! I am so glad to see Randy back in East Kentucky, and back home again.
Get it done Randy.
I'm not pleased with this....but I'll support my coach. Can't wait to see the team we have next year with what we have coming back.
Randy McCoy has been around the block a time or two and I'm sure he will do a fine job with the team he is going to inherit that LeMaster built. But it is a shame what Pike County politics have done ONCE again. You have a young 27 or 28 year old coach that takes ER to the Regional Finals in his first year and wins 20+ games, and also named Coach of the Year!!! I hate to say bc I do like ER but if McCoy don't win it all his first year with the team LeMaster built and left him then he just flat won't ever get it done.. I personally talked to Coach LeMaster and he is extremely upset and hurt over the way he was treated during this whole situation. He told me no one, Kevin Justice nor Roger Wagner gave him any explanation of why he wasn't re-hired and that's just cold hearted. He told me he wished ER nothing but the best of luck and he loved the community and the people. Say what u want, but LeMaster truely is a class act and got caught up in Eastern Ky politics and I actually feel really sorry for him. But with his name and credentials I don't think he will have any problem landing Head Coaching jobs in the future.
I have been told that he is here for 2 years then retiring...
I have nothing but respect for Coach McCoy.
and I also have a son coming to ER this year and going to try and play,
So hopefully he is here for several years, if not, and he is gone in 2 years,
ER will play havoc finding a decent coach to come in after what happened to
Preston. Only time will tell. I wish players and both Preston and Randy both good luck
in both their ventures and I believe Preston will have no issues on finding a good job.
Very successful coach. But with his hire comes the baggage.
I was told that he met with the team on wednesday even though some of them were out of town. Will he be coaching them at Belfry and does anyone have some scores and who is playing with them?
ER will be playing Belfry and Pikeville this evening at Pikeville High School, btw.
Just talk to randy. Ray and tony will be back... Randy has always been good at bringing talent in and managing it. Good luck warriors!
Yep. You happen to catch their games today man? I wasn't able to make it down there.
^East Ridge played Betsy Layne today at PHS and lost by about 12 points.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:^East Ridge played Betsy Layne today at PHS and lost by about 12 points.

I will say the same thing I said in the Shelby Valley Summer Ball thread, these games are for fun and they mean nothing. Anyone who reads into any of these Summer Ball results will more than likely be very fooled come regular season time.
School Admin. Wrote:I will say the same thing I said in the Shelby Valley Summer Ball thread, these games are for fun and they mean nothing. Anyone who reads into any of these Summer Ball results will more than likely be very fooled come regular season time.

Are you directing this towards me? All I was doing was filling vundy in because he couldn't make the game.

If not, no hard feel ins because I agree with you.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Are you directing this towards me? All I was doing was filling vundy in because he couldn't make the game.

If not, no hard feel ins because I agree with you.

No, I didn't mean this toward you or anyone else. I was only merely stating my opinion about Summer Ball. Sorry if you felt I was saying it toward you, no harm intended toward you or anyone else.
Why did Randy get fired from Pikeville College? Is there some baggage?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Why did Randy get fired from Pikeville College? Is there some baggage?
Rumor has it there is baggage.
Gold Charger Wrote:Rumor has it there is baggage.
Correct.
Yeah, summer ball doesn't mean much. My boys will be ready come November....
hootie Wrote:Just talk to randy. Ray and tony will be back... Randy has always been good at bringing talent in and managing it. Good luck warriors!

I love how a few post on here talk about how good he is at bringing in talent but how about developing some talent? Isn't that what good coaches do?
How did the other games come out yesterday? I know they lost two on Monday and defeated Hazard and Letcher central. I would probably say it was Hazard's second team. I know Tony Walter is not playing and Michael Fields missed some games so it would take a good effort from a full roster to defeat Hazard by 20.
Cougar Connection Wrote:How did the other games come out yesterday? I know they lost two on Monday and defeated Hazard and Letcher central. I would probably say it was Hazard's second team. I know Tony Walter is not playing and Michael Fields missed some games so it would take a good effort from a full roster to defeat Hazard by 20.

Not sure, but i'll let ya know tomorrow man.
Rumor has Tony enrolling at Pulaski Southwestern next year.
I often wonder if Coach LeMaster cared about the program or all his players down at ER, or was this just a stepping stone in his coaching career?? Any thoughts?
With all thats been said it appears he was forced out. I think he done more than what most expected for his first head coaching job. It possibly could have been a stepping stone to greater things, but we will never know as i stated before he was forced out. You dont usually see a first year coach take a team to the regional championship game and then get the ax.
As far as caring about ER and its players is something only Lemaster can answer.
Coach LeMaster was forced out. It's pretty obvious. I have nothing but respect for coach, and to be honest, I'm embarrassed to be an ER alum because of the way they treated him. He loved his students, his team, the school and the fanbase. We won't forget what he did for us, and how well he handled some of the tough situations the program went through. I know that I'll never forget him, and appreciate how he threw his entire self into the program and our boys.

He'll sure as hell be missed.