Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Even Know If I Can Share This, but I Will
^ my point was more the fact of calling out someone who's not here. Pretty easy to do that:please:
People take this stuff way to seriously.....lol.

If i couldnt live without BGR id go ahead and end it now. How in the world could this be that important to some people. We have more mods than we do members. Thats what should tell you something. Ill agree the numbers have delined since its changed. Personally i like the other way better as well. I never got an infraction and followed the rules, plus it made to discussions more civil, it was the over policing that killed out that thought.
People were being good on their own. Im fine with changing it back to the way it was, but if i were to ever get a ban for something as silly as calling someone a russian of all things, i could see it's demise because of things like that.

Long story short.....the shits free. Be nice.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:People take this stuff way to seriously.....lol.

If i couldnt live without BGR id go ahead and end it now. How in the world could this be that important to some people. We have more mods than we do members. Thats what should tell you something. Ill agree the numbers have delined since its changed. Personally i like the other way better as well. I never got an infraction and followed the rules, plus it made to discussions more civil, it was the over policing that killed out that thought.
People were being good on their own. Im fine with changing it back to the way it was, but if i were to ever get a ban for something as silly as calling someone a russian of all things, i could see it's demise because of things like that.

Long story short.....the shits free. Be nice.

Gut, you keep saying this, but it's just not an accurate picture:

This is the last 24 hours:

643DP, 64black&gold, ::Famous::, Adams606, adopted purple*, AlphaDog, Always Hungry, American Dream, Amped 88, ballboy, baseballfan, Baseballfan2014, bball dad 65, BCat23, Bear_Paw, Beetle01, bgdaddy1, BIG RN, BLACKCAT PRIDE!, Blue-N-Gold, blue1424, BluegrassChef, cat86, catsrule, Coach Maxey, coloneldad, cougarpride08, Cover 1, Crossback, Crossbones, cuppett777, Diogenes, Don Carlo, Eagle Pride 90`, EKUAlum05, ekubum, falcon ed, False Hope, FBALL, Fly Like a Duck, footballfan23, footballfever, FullCount, GetChili, Gold Charger, granddad, Granny Bear, hardcore1, Harlan County Bears, HawksRule, Hoot Gibson*, hop24, hornaplenty, I-RT-24 Iso, ibldblue, J-Rod, Jackson05, JaredCoffey, Jed Clampett, judgementday, Jungle Recon, Kosar, ksowards, kybaseball5, KYcoach, K_Mac, Lady Cats, Live Maroon, Lone Ranger, lonesome pine, LWC*, mandan, midcoart line, Mountain, Mountain pride 10, MR. Slate, myhero#5, nannook, NCC41, nedreader, NKS3, Norm Peterson, OffTheHook, OhHereWeGo, old_school_hero, OrangenowBlue, outsidein, ozzy72666, Packdaddy348, papagrit, Patch, pigskin, plantmanky, Platinum & Gold, Popcornfart, pqlprince, Pulp Fiction, Real Badman, REW2, ROCKSOLID69, rojas, RoShamBo, rudedogky, RunItUpTheGut, Score Now!, Shelbycatfan, SKINNYPIG, sportsfanatic, Stardust*, Steelermatt, Strikeout King*, That's What She Said, The Fan, TheBrahmaBull, thecoacher, TheRealVille*, TidesHoss32, Tobin Frost, toussaints, TurboPanther, UK Fan14, UKisN1, uknowmeky, unc#1, Westside, WideRight05, Wildcat18, Wildcatk23, Willie Turnover, Wire, Yogibear

What's the percentage? I'm just not sure I follow what your intent it?
someone close this I wasn't calling anyone out I removed names from the post. I was showing an example of how strict it was. I apologize
^ It's fair, it was your opinion. There has been a lot said about how bad it was. Yet, my comment was that period was the hottest period of this sites existence! It grew from regional to a statewide presence! This site was busting with activity and new memberships. Yet, all those old-schoolers that only wanted this site to be based around one geographic area got upset because of the outsiders! Then the complaining started about how the site was going downhill and it was too restrictive! It was restricted to the RULES that were posted at the time. So, I completely disagree that this was a power trip! So, those members that only wanted a geographic site got their wish, they got the rules changed to allow and open language, wild west attitude. They said that was what was wrong with the site! Well, the site went from growing hand over fist to where we now get posts that say's "This site is dead". We get constant trolling, and so what happened to those members that made this site the BEST site, they left because of all the cursing, trolling, and non-sense! I get blamed for spamming, post padding and downright running the oldtimers off, yet I have stayed 100% true to who I was when I first started. I was here to help others promote the site and get the discussions about statewide topics, and have seen this site grow past that of the one I was booted off of. Yet, it's threads like this that stir up "How Bad things were". No, things were at there best then. Now that there are "no rules", now we have seen the decline. So, those statewide members have started to decline and the number of members posting has dropped significantly. So, it may have been more strict, but it sure seems that MORE liked it that way than now.

I'm open for debate, someone prove otherwise! It's not a fad. Social Media is the NOW. Yet, we lost touch with a certain type of member a year ago - WHY?
Stardust Wrote:Gut, you keep saying this, but it's just not an accurate picture:

This is the last 24 hours:

643DP, 64black&gold, ::Famous::, Adams606, adopted purple*, AlphaDog, Always Hungry, American Dream, Amped 88, ballboy, baseballfan, Baseballfan2014, bball dad 65, BCat23, Bear_Paw, Beetle01, bgdaddy1, BIG RN, BLACKCAT PRIDE!, Blue-N-Gold, blue1424, BluegrassChef, cat86, catsrule, Coach Maxey, coloneldad, cougarpride08, Cover 1, Crossback, Crossbones, cuppett777, Diogenes, Don Carlo, Eagle Pride 90`, EKUAlum05, ekubum, falcon ed, False Hope, FBALL, Fly Like a Duck, footballfan23, footballfever, FullCount, GetChili, Gold Charger, granddad, Granny Bear, hardcore1, Harlan County Bears, HawksRule, Hoot Gibson*, hop24, hornaplenty, I-RT-24 Iso, ibldblue, J-Rod, Jackson05, JaredCoffey, Jed Clampett, judgementday, Jungle Recon, Kosar, ksowards, kybaseball5, KYcoach, K_Mac, Lady Cats, Live Maroon, Lone Ranger, lonesome pine, LWC*, mandan, midcoart line, Mountain, Mountain pride 10, MR. Slate, myhero#5, nannook, NCC41, nedreader, NKS3, Norm Peterson, OffTheHook, OhHereWeGo, old_school_hero, OrangenowBlue, outsidein, ozzy72666, Packdaddy348, papagrit, Patch, pigskin, plantmanky, Platinum & Gold, Popcornfart, pqlprince, Pulp Fiction, Real Badman, REW2, ROCKSOLID69, rojas, RoShamBo, rudedogky, RunItUpTheGut, Score Now!, Shelbycatfan, SKINNYPIG, sportsfanatic, Stardust*, Steelermatt, Strikeout King*, That's What She Said, The Fan, TheBrahmaBull, thecoacher, TheRealVille*, TidesHoss32, Tobin Frost, toussaints, TurboPanther, UK Fan14, UKisN1, uknowmeky, unc#1, Westside, WideRight05, Wildcat18, Wildcatk23, Willie Turnover, Wire, Yogibear

What's the percentage? I'm just not sure I follow what your intent it?

You completely misunderstood me dust.

I was referring to the fact that we have so many mods that are no longer contributors to the site. It seems we have 7 to 8 really good mods on here that do the blunt of all the work. Take you and SK for example among others. How many times a day do you all clean up post along with closing duplicate threads and accepting new members moderated posts'? Im sure it's a quite a bit and with football season around the corner, it's only going to get busier.
My point was we have all these mods yet, you all get very little help and in return, you have a runaway mod that could easily show up and cause problems. I was simply just trying to say you all could "clean up" a little to help yourselves out. You know i love this site and have no problem with anything thats going on. I would help you guys anytime or anyway you needed it just like the project SK is starting. I just dont want to see the few mods we do have get overrun if you know what i mean. Overall, except for the language and threads that run completely way off course and topic, this is the best ive seen the site. I think if you all do those two things alone and clean up the extremely vulgar, as well as keeping threads on topic, but leave all the other current rules the way they are, then it would help getting some of those members back. Once again, i know the few we do have are overworked, but everythings running fine IMO.
^ I get it now. My bad gut, I had seen you say this before and was just not sure of what it meant. Similar to this thread, we have a lot of Mods who stopped moderating and left the site when we made changes a year ago as well.
^
No problem.
Im sure i am hard one to understand sometimes. :biggrin:
^ aint that the truth
IMO a lot of the trolls have duplicate accounts. Some posters seem to sound alike if you pay attention to the threads.
SD I came back this time for one reason only. That is to bring this site back to live I've lurked around and noticed how bored people have been. Now that I have posted a thread such as this people have something to talk about. If I piss some people off on my path to bring the excitment so be it. I may be making a difference and hell if I'm not I'm giving it a good effort
First off, concerning Hawksrule and I - these are only jokes we are shooting back and forth. We have even sent PMs about how lively and fun it was.

As I have mentioned before, I posted on here way back in the ancient days of 2005 and 2006. The culture was much different then. There honestly wasn't a lot of debate on the site, but rather more discussion. There was never an intense discussion. Toward the time I quit posting in 2006, that changed. There was a lot more calling people out, people fighting back and forth, etc. It wasn't the reason I quit posting, but it just shows that things were changing. I still got on here and read posts almost every day. By 2008, 2009, the site got a lot more strict. There were also problems with some moderators deleting posts they disagree with, etc. These types of things happen on the other site. But I will give credit to the fact that unlike that site, QQ and the administrators took care of business and cleaned house. Things changed and the site opened up the rules a lot more.

I have done numerous presentations on cultures in the workplace. You go to work, your workplace has a culture. You go to Church, your Church has a culture (some more dressy...others not so dressy). Organizations you are involved in have a culture. This website is no different from a workplace, Church, or organization when it comes to cultures. Right now we have a loose culture where even cussing is tolerated. Two - three years ago, the culture was completely different. Two - three years from now, it will probably be different from where it is today.

From seeing some of Dusty's posts in the past, he has mentioned how he was not liked when he first joined the site. Neither was I, but for different reasons lol. For your first 200 - 300 posts, you are meshing in with the culture - and likely bringing in a different perspective from what people are used to seeing. If you make strong posts that challenge the views of people posting with you at first, you are likely going to take some heat. I think of Wideleft01 - yes, he trolls. But after a while of him posting people are used to him and he has been accepted as part of the culture.

As somebody who was a moderator for three years on another site and created an NKY discussion board my junior year of high school, it's pretty normal to see the site down at this time of year. People are planning vacations, kids are getting out of school, etc. Then when football season rolls around, things start to pick up again. It's like a big cycle. I don't think we will see much more trolling on here. The reason being, it's not fun being a troll when there are no rules to break or could lead to being banned.
^ He is a
[Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en...in.svg.png]
^ you are quickly become BGR's baddest troll hahahah
ah boys...
I always miss the starts of discussions and when I finally get on here to read them, everything has been said and my 2 cents are not going to mean anything. lol I hate it!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL