Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gymnastics coaches in Eastern ky whose your fav???
Tumbling-King Wrote:jody is good but belfrys best tumbler carly marcum was coached by matt roberts and never hurt herself until she went to Ky Elite and was hurt working a trick she wasn't ready for beside a double full can only be done in All-star comp. so why risk the chance of hurting yourself doing something can't do in comp for UK so i would say matt is the man...I think he also coach robin Cisco when she did her full at Matewan Middle in WV comp.

I definetly agree. Matt Roberts is the best gymnastics coach in Eastern Kentucky!! My only other vote would be for Tony Nash. I had the pleasure of working with him a few weeks ago. MATTHEW ROBERTS is the best
Go Matt!
Matt Roberts is my favorite. I feel so safe with him as a coach, plus he can actually do the tumbling himself to show you, which helps. Steve & Jody are great too though.
White Mike Wrote:Steve Slone is my favorite

agreed
Vernetta Cole is awesome!!
MCalumni Wrote:Who does the Magoffin County Cheerleaders work with?:Cheerlead

Jody/Vernetta Mostly
im sorry but none of u guys hav even worked with debbie love..she works with DUNBAR, KY, P_VILLE, GREEN_UP, and all the OTHER GREAT TUMBLING SQUADS IN EASTERN KY!!

she is the best!
{:} henry young & steve frm kpt {:}
{:} henry young & steve frm kpt {:}
Jody Hackworth is awesome! And I know not alot of people know of Jackie Parsons, but she teaches younger girls in Martin County and she taught me everything I know how to do. I only learned one other trick from Jody. Alot of people say Jackie cannot teach, but I was one of the best tumblers to go through my high school and she taught me everything.
I think Jackie Parsons is awesome!
Jody is the best. Very dependable and patient with the kids.
Well i have to say that Jackie Parsons is one of the best! in martin county .. and yes Jody is the next fav..
friendofbelfry Wrote:Henry is the Man!!!:Thumbs:
Henry is now at the Knott County Sportsplex .... 606-785-5932:Cheerlead
I would like to give a shout out to Brian Dewire. He teaches lessons for Johnson County Middle School & they have almost 5 fulls and many alternates. Every girl on the squad of 24 have at least a standing back hand spring and theres lesson then 6 that can't do a round off tuck. They also have more than 10 girls with standing tucks and hand tucks. So, he's pretty good!
p-ville white cheer! Wrote:im sorry but none of u guys hav even worked with debbie love..she works with DUNBAR, KY, P_VILLE, GREEN_UP, and all the OTHER GREAT TUMBLING SQUADS IN EASTERN KY!!

she is the best!

Debbie Love also works with Johnson County Middle School. She is a great gymnastics instructor.
Jody!! I love him 2 death
Quote:
Vernetta Cole is great but i don't think she does much with high school anymore?? Shes worked with Hazard, PCC, Magoffin Co, and has a studio there in Salyersville but shes based out of Mt. Sterling...

Henry is a legend i must say.
I must give a shout out to JODY HACKWORTH again...he now has an 11yr old From the Belfry Area..(HOPE HACKNEY) throwing her full...very pretty, and should be ready for the floor when the season starts...I would say it's all talent, but You have to have a great gymnastics coach behind it!!!
wow, congrats to Belfry and Hope. Can't wait to see it.
Jody for sure.
Matt Roberts is my pick !
I know this is an old thread, but my question falls under this topic.

- Who is still teaching in Pike County?

Is Dana's gym still open?
Any new instructors out there?
Who teaches nights/weekends at Allen?

thanks for any info and suggestions
luv2cheer Wrote:Debbie Love also works with Johnson County Middle School. She is a great gymnastics instructor.

I agree with you on this my daughter loved her.
Steve Slone is a really good gymnastics coach.
def. jody

i don't like matt that well
but, i guess it's different people
Smile
Johnny Keen
jody!
i dont think i can trust anyone else really.
I think Dana Smith at FlipFlop Gymnastics is by far the greatest!
Tumbling-King Wrote:I must give a shot out to the true King "Henry Young" he taught must if not all of the above named coaches so i think he is the best hands down

ABSOLUTELY!!!: