Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is wrong @ Paintsville????
Ah teams will always have there problems.  They will be just fine in a couple of days.  No one seems to ever bring up conflicts that the Tigers had back in 98 with Todd Tackett and Jason Conley or Derrick Howard.  They still functioned and played better after their altercations at the All "A" state.
IMO too many players are playing for themselves and not enough players are in it for the team no 1 wants to share that rock it seems to me like its a competition everytime they play to see who can take the show
[quote author=tigerprep link=topic=20914.msg212540#msg212540 date=1142549705]
Why is this even a thread?
[/quote]

Ok, I will walk you thru this..it is a thread because the 2 boys involved are starters for your elite paintsville tiger team. the name of the thread is "what is wrong @ pville" . belive it or not, personal issues do get involved with teams and their play.  i bet my blue suede shoes that if this would of happened at JCHS (instead of their trip to rupp) you would probably be the first to hop on that joy train with your good ole boy one liners or a hahahaha, but instead the dirty laundry is getting aired in your lap.  :clap:
[quote author=JKWON33 link=topic=20914.msg212668#msg212668 date=1142567546]
Ah teams will always have there problems.  They will be just fine in a couple of days.  No one seems to ever bring up conflicts that the Tigers had back in 98 with Todd Tackett and Jason Conley or Derrick Howard.  They still functioned and played better after their altercations at the All "A" state.
[/quote]

Ok JK, you call it an altercations, everyone that was there called it a 1st round TKO.  :clap:
"like sands through the hourglass..."

Wow.  Looks like there's going to be "high drama" for some time to come at PHS.  I just wonder how any of this might affect the FOOTBALL team for next year???
I think it is safe to say that this is no longer a "rumor".  Who were the two players that were involved, and who came out on top?
They have already had a team meeting about it, things are fine.  Tempers just got out of hand because they knew they could've done better than what they did, considering the team that won the region this year they defeated twice this season and won the district against them at their place.  They got the draw that they wanted just couldn't do anything with it.  Words were said, a few punches thrown, nothing really.  It was over some of the players blaming one person for the loss, and what they should've done was look at their own play before they blamed that certain individual for the loss.  It's a team effort, you win as a team and lose as a team.  They are brothers on and off the court, sometimes brothers/best friends fight.  I got in a fight with my best friend several times over a loss, we still respected each other and continue our great friendship we've had since we were like 3.  When I played at Paintsville the year we won region in football we had fights all the time during that season but we kept our buisness in house.  Just competetive spirit in people and the people it involved were probably the two hardest players on the team.  I think people from the outside are trying to make it a bigger deal than it really is.  I'm sure both have a new respect for one another after standing up for what they believed in, and are on the same page now.  Some times it takes a swift kick in the ass to ge things back on track, and it seems like it is working.
Things happen.  If I had a quarter for every time something like this happened at any school I would be a millionaire.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:Things happen.  If I had a quarter for every time something like this happened at any school I would be a millionaire.
I'd say your being greedy to make a millionaire you would only need a nickle. This should only be a big deal if parents get too involved. These are stills very young men and they will work it out.
LazerMan Wrote:2 of Painsville Basketball starters got into a fist fight at Arbys during lunch Monday.  One came out on top and one on the bottom. From what I can find out, this has been brewing for a couple months, then with some fuel to fire added by BMR.........well, I guess theres a time for everything. 

The thing that bothers me the most is contained in part of the above statement "then with some fuel to fire added by BMR". What does that mean?
Bmr is a wonderful coach i see nothing wrong with paintsvilles team
all teams have problems from time to time , I don't see why its such a big deal
bballmama Wrote:all teams have problems from time to time , I don't see why its such a big deal

Because it's Paintsville...
Off the court antics are just that, off the court. when it comes crunch time next year, ol' BMR will have the Tigers ready to pounce. Don't ever under estimate the Tigers, or you will be bitten. :Thumbs:
What players got into the fight?
If Paintsville and South Floyd would get there head in the game than they will be the two best teams in the region next season !
What happens off the court doesn't necessarily carry over on the court. The Tigers will be ready to play next season. If the rest of the teams take them lightly, they will be scorched. :Thumbs:
blackcat_student Wrote:If Paintsville and South Floyd would get there head in the game than they will be the two best teams in the region next season !
very true but we have a long time till next the next episod of as the ball turns, so are the days of our egos
Daniel Pugh and Landon Slone were the 2 players in the fight... and Pugh came out on top...
The King Wrote:Daniel Pugh and Landon Slone were the 2 players in the fight... and Pugh came out on top...
man i feel bad for landon dp is a pretty acomplished boxer. ouch:redboxer:
Battle Tested Wrote:man i feel bad for landon dp is a pretty acomplished boxer. ouch:redboxer:

Well maybe you shouldn't call a gold glove boxer names and blame losses on him. You reap what you sow.
cool
It's a team game who's to say if a free throw or two made in the first half and it wouldnt come down to a last second shot. The TEAM wins and the TEAM loses. And who would start something with someone that has practiced fighting (boxing)? Go figure.
lol im sure daniel didnt start it.
It amazes me that when a team loses, everyone starts wondering what is wrong. Could it be internal problems? Yeah. Could it be problems with the coach? Yeah. Could it just be that they were outplayed? Yeah. But everyone starts asking questions because its Paintsville.

Don't feel sorry for any of the players. At this age when stuff as immature as what happened between Daniel Pugh and Landon Slone it only ends up proving who is mature enough to let it go and continue being teammates.

Teams suffer interpersonal problems. At any age, any level, any gender. Its part of being a team. Good teams will find a way to pull through it.
Blackcat2007 Wrote:lol im sure daniel didnt start it.
The way I understand it, both DP and his dad tried to avert the thing for several days before it came to blows. I heard about it before it happened.:popcorn:
I think it's all stupid but thats just me lol
hornet_gurl Wrote:I think it's all stupid but thats just me lol

Yeah I agree
I know what is wrong. Too many chiefs not enough indians
Wow, this thread may on forever.