Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is wrong @ Paintsville????
Come on boys, lets stop the bickering and fighting, recover from your loss and get focused for next year!!!! Too much talent for all the division!!!  :thumpsup:
JEALOUSY!!!!!!!!!
Way too much influence by team mommies!!! Their involvment has hurt the team more than helped, in more ways than one. The boys are too smart for this stuff. Wake up mommies and stop trying to lead the coaches around. Wake up coaches and act like "coaches". and boys------lets play ball!
[quote author=PantherWatcher link=topic=20914.msg211839#msg211839 date=1142443202]
Way too much influence by team mommies!!! Their involvment has hurt the team more than helped, in more ways than one. The boys are too smart for this stuff. Wake up mommies and stop trying to lead the coaches around. Wake up coaches and act like "coaches". and boys------lets play ball!
[/quote]Surely it couldn't be some of the (mommies/assis. coaches wive's) that would be part of the problem. Say it aint so. :lol:
What's going on?
You know i may need to appoligize here. Alot of people have said parents is the problem. Well i know first hand that Landon is a good kid. I also know his dad is one heck of a guy. Enough said at this time.. I do appoligize about the jealousy comment.
There is a lot to be fixed. I believe it can and will be, but serious decisions have to be made by the man in charge.
I  believe we can go forward, as long as coach is the Man, but I believe it is time that he went back to his old style of calling all the shots.
I have no problem with BMR having a hundred coaches, as long as each and every one knows their roles.
BMR has always only used 6-7 players for his team. Why we still get "40 eleven hundred" to come out every year is beyond me????
The 6-7 players that are next in line after this bunch is gone has already been picked,(not quite sure who does the pickin) so unless you are in like the sixth grade, ...........ah....I am just ranting now, and starting to sound like sour grapes....but there is still some truth here.
Anyway...get your heads up guys!!!!Let's all work this out and become the team we all know you can be!
I think that selfishness and a terrible case of the big head have been a major part of Paintsville's problem.  Nobody, and I repeat nobody, is going to just lay down for Paintsville.  Paintsville may have more talent than any other team in the 15th, but not THAT much more.  Paintsville is not good enough to just show up and win, but they sure do act like they are.  They remind me alot of this year's Kentucky team.  You don't always win games just because you are supposed to win them.  Sometimes you actually have to show up and play.  If Paintsville, and Kentucky, would do that then they would be much more successful than what they have been.
As long as the mommies are whispering in little johnnys ear, this team will not prosper, cause, little johnny is going to school and repeating stuff.  This kind of acts only restult in the little mishap that occured Monday @ Arbys..  The boys need to stop acting like little girls and the mommies need to stop acting like they are in highschool.. :flame:
If the parents are really the problem then BMR needs to show all the parents his state championship ring and ask them to read all the banners that hang in the gym at Paintsville and tell them that they have no say and if they can't accept that then to take their child to a different school.  BMR is a great coach and if the parents are causing trouble they need to keep their mouths shut because I think we can all agree that BMR knows what he is doing. 
Are things really that bad over at Paintsville? I thought BMR ran a tight ship and held the final word on everything.Players are going to listen to their parents,friends,and team-mates. I just can't believe things are that bad and I bet somebody will be getting a little talking to for getting out of line!!! They are to good of a team to have this kind of problem and distraction facing them if it's true!! The old rumor mill on players leaving will be back up and running in a day or two.     :lol:  
Fill some of us in, What's all the fuss over, did someone's get in a fight?
The next 6 to 7 are already picked? Who are they and when do they practice?

That statement doesn't sound like sour grapes, that is sour grapes. Maybe you should go tell BMR what's one your mind rather that say things like that on here.
Why is this even a thread... Paintsville is not the only school that has problems, it is only magnified because our school is small and "OMG it's Paintsville"... obviously you all know whats happening at Paintsville because you started a  thread on it....
[quote author=King James link=topic=20914.msg211931#msg211931 date=1142453021]
I think that selfishness and a terrible case of the big head have been a major part of Paintsville's problem.  Nobody, and I repeat nobody, is going to just lay down for Paintsville.  Paintsville may have more talent than any other team in the 15th, but not THAT much more.  Paintsville is not good enough to just show up and win, but they sure do act like they are.  They remind me alot of this year's Kentucky team.  You don't always win games just because you are supposed to win them.  Sometimes you actually have to show up and play.  If Paintsville, and Kentucky, would do that then they would be much more successful than what they have been.
[/quote]I agree 100%..well said!!!
Hopefully they get back on the right track, they have way to much talent and too good of kids to have problems such as these
Okay. Here we go again. I'm going to tell y'all this much first: I'm not trying to start anything at all. But I would prefer it to be easier to ask, in person, someone who would really answer the question. I mean all you have to do is ask a trusted ball player or Coach Runyon or any if the assistant coaches. I mean cardinalfan27 is right. This shouldn't even be a thread. At least that's my outlook on it. But,  All you gotta do is ask someone on the inside who knows what the deal is.
This shouldn't even be a thread. I mean, people have heard some problems with Paintsville, I'm sure, but they don't need to be discussed over the internet for the whole world to see. I'm not aware of any problems. I have HEARD some problems, but I don't believe most of them. Like Tigerprep said, just ask one of the coaches if you want to know so bad.
[quote author=PantherWatcher link=topic=20914.msg211935#msg211935 date=1142454000]
As long as the mommies are whispering in little johnnys ear, this team will not prosper, cause, little johnny is going to school and repeating stuff.  This kind of acts only restult in the little mishap that occured Monday @ Arbys..  The boys need to stop acting like little girls and the mommies need to stop acting like they are in highschool.. :flame:
[/quote]

Why are you even bringing that mishap up on this site? 
[quote author=Youngerthandirt link=topic=20914.msg211987#msg211987 date=1142458574]
The next 6 to 7 are already picked? Who are they and when do they practice?

That statement doesn't sound like sour grapes, that is sour grapes. Maybe you should go tell BMR what's one your mind rather that say things like that on here.
[/quote]

Nope....not sour grapes on my part.
I don't have anything more to say to anybody over there about what they do! Do you honestly think it would do anything??? I went that route three years ago, and wasn't complaining just looking for an answer to a question about a child that had been wronged and everyone knew it!!! A meeting was promised to get to the bottom of the situation, but it never happened and all that was accomplished was getting doors that were always open to me closed and then other things held against the child and everyone knew it, but because of who some people are, they are never held accountable! I love that school and they all know it!! I guess that is why they tollerate me at all.
As far as the next 6-7.....they had 12 freshmen playing this year and none were any better than the rest. But after freshman season was over, 6 were told to keep practicing and the rest were told to dress JV games but don't come to practice. LOL....I swear I actully thought that was one of the funniest and dumbest things ever told to kids!
we know and accept our roles in Tigerville!! Now basketball is something to keep in shape for til Feb 15th!!
And since everyone already knows my stance on the situations, I just say it were ever I please!!!Everyone knows who I am so it isn't like I try and hide behind annonymous chat names!!
I am as guily as any about getting on places like this and spouting of, it really feels like an addiction, but it certainly doesn't help anything!!!
I know what ya mean Guru.
The problem with paintsville is that they cant function as a team, if they could they would be incredible. I've seen them act liek a team before, it was when they won the hoops classic and once again when they beat central by 25. Nevertheless, apparently they can't, as JD and kevin had problems earlier in the year and on until now, and pugh and landon had problems with each other. Basically once things got so stall with everyone on the team being on different sides of different players, the team became completely formal and for ones own personal gain rather than a team effort where you want every player to their best. They got so caught up in themselves that they actually wouldnt want other team members to make the shots if they could keep them from it, just to come out on top at the end of the game. If they could have pulled together,solved their problems, and worked as a team,i think they would have done mroe than win regionals, but it didnt happen, and then the problems went above and beyond the court and the season to fighting at arby's, which is probabaly what led to this post. But i guess this is just the way life and basketball is.
I agree every school has it's problems with players and coaches.I think some problems is okay to discuss and some should be left alone until they get absolved. It's one thing to question a coaches record or a player missing a shot,but it's another thing to pry around in what is a true struggle between so many players,coaches,and parents on one team.I heard this evening that there is some sort of tift between a couple of players and their parents and some coaches stemming from a incident last week.I will not state what I was told because, I honetsly don't know if it's true so until I get a conformation on the situation I will  not post it!!!
Still no one has answered my questions....who, what, where and why?
[quote author=Youngerthandirt link=topic=20914.msg212299#msg212299 date=1142512733]
[/quote]Give us your account.
[quote author=Youngerthandirt link=topic=20914.msg212299#msg212299 date=1142512733]
[/quote]

2 of Painsville Basketball starters got into a fist fight at Arbys during lunch Monday.  One came out on top and one on the bottom. From what I can find out, this has been brewing for a couple months, then with some fuel to fire added by BMR.........well, I guess theres a time for everything. 
[quote author=LazerMan link=topic=20914.msg212479#msg212479 date=1142534166]
[/quote]

2 of Painsville Basketball starters got into a fist fight at Arbys during lunch Monday.  One came out on top and one on the bottom. From what I can find out, this has been brewing for a couple months, then with some fuel to fire added by BMR.........well, I guess theres a time for everything. 
[/quote]

lazer, you are 100% correct. I have talked to several students on the inside and I have to agree with your posst.
[quote author=LazerMan link=topic=20914.msg212479#msg212479 date=1142534166]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sometimes, but I'll admit not always, that can work out good for both people involved.  After a fight (win or lose) you gain a whole new respect for that person your fighting.  Atleast both sides know where they stand.  IMO some coaches would like to have players who cared enough about the game to fight over it.  If BMR said that then I agree with him.
Why is this even a thread?