Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 68 - Letcher Central 57
Powell County is very capable of beating Buckhorn. But Matt Day may be too much for them. They will definitely have to keep Dennis out of foul trouble. He matches Day in size but not in talent.

Powell has a very effective press. Whether it bothers Buckhorn is yet to be seen. Wolfe was able to cause them problems in the 4th quarter last night before Buckhorn was able to pull out a 2 point win, and Wolfe lost to Powell by 85-67 and 66-53 during the season. Powell's press is better than Wolfe's imo.

Buckhorn should win the game, but if Powell should win I don't think it would be considered a major upset. They're not a bad team at all, with a 20-12 record.
Powell beats Buckhorn on Monday!

This region is wide open their are no dominant teams just look at the standings. Buckhorn beats Perry and loses to Letcher and Breathitt and almost to Wolfe. Knott loses to Buckhorn and Breathitt. Breathitt has lost to Perry, Knott, Letcher, and Wolfe this season.
Powell lost to Breathitt and Knott and beat Hazard, Letcher, and Wolfe. Powell beat Hazard at Hazard and Knott at home last year when both teams were better than this year.

Powell and Breathitt are playing there best basketball right now, so Knott better bring it to just get to the final. Powell-vs-Breathitt/Knott winner in final.
Finals. Breathitt County over Buckhorn. A coach who experienced most of his success in the eighties returns to the Big Dance.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Finals. Breathitt County over Buckhorn. A coach who experienced most of his success in the eighties returns to the Big Dance.
Very possible. You can't ever count out Denny Fugate. He knows how to win. And was one heck of a guard himself when he guided his team to the state tournament back in the day at MC Napier. I remember him when he played at EKU too.
Letcher played like they had never seen press defense they didnt know what to do. I think Powell has a chance at winning when they play Buckhorn and if they do I dont think they will win against Knott or Breathitt. It would be an impressive run for Powell tho.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:The worst thing for Powell that happened was Wolfe County gave Buckhorn a wakeup call. They will be more wary of their opponent going into Monday nights game.

Since Ballers only gets on once every couple of weeks to make a fool of himself I'll take care of it for him.

Hey ONB:
How's Letcher doing this year?
They stink so bad and the only player they have is Stewart and he sucks.

[Image: http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail....ec7528acbd]
zaga_fan Wrote:Since Ballers only gets on once every couple of weeks to make a fool of himself I'll take care of it for him.

Hey ONB:

:lmao: I guess I am going to have do something an old Whitesburg grad hates to do and that is wear the purple(Fleming-Neon's old colors) for the rest of the tournament.
In my 50 years of watching high school basketball in the mountains, I haven't seen a coach do less with so much talent than Robby Hammonds. He is to LCC Basketball as Billy Gillespie was to UK Basketball.
powell will beat buckhorn and meet breathitt in the finals, powell lost by 14 to breathitt in breathitt, but the refs sucked so bad that powell should have been right in the game, it will be a toss up between breathitt and powell in the finals
zaga_fan Wrote:Since Ballers only gets on once every couple of weeks to make a fool of himself I'll take care of it for him.

Hey ONB:

That picture kind of reminds me of KCC transfer Matt Neace.
Letcher should be competing for titles...
Can of Corn Wrote:In my 50 years of watching high school basketball in the mountains, I haven't seen a coach do less with so much talent than Robby Hammonds. He is to LCC Basketball as Billy Gillespie was to UK Basketball.

50 years?
lcc did not deserve to win that game, powell was better in every aspect
zaga_fan Wrote:Letcher should be competing for titles...

We are. In every sport but this one and now football has dropped down since playing in three straight regional championships.
powell over buckhorn! anyone agree??
basketball bro Wrote:powell over buckhorn! anyone agree??

Can you say "ZERO CHANCE"??? :lmao:
Can of Corn Wrote:In my 50 years of watching high school basketball in the mountains, I haven't seen a coach do less with so much talent than Robby Hammonds. He is to LCC Basketball as Billy Gillespie was to UK Basketball.

I think Hammonds had more talent than Gillespie!!! Would Perry Stevenson start for LCC?
LCC just looked dazed and confused right from the start! Give Powell credit the press did give LCC nightmares, but when they did break the press they seemed to have no clue what to do then. This isnt the first time this team has played this way, seen it several times this year. Turnover after turnover, Powell had all kinds of uncontested shots under the goal. LCC had very few. No shots were falling for LCC, Powell was much quicker after loose balls, the list goes on and on. Loosing 4 seniors, DONT LOOK GOOD!! (ps Buckhorn fans filled the house up tonight) Least amount of LCC fans I have seen at a tournament in While!
Powell vs Estill in the Finals
they said 0 chance aginst lcc too, now lcc gets to enjoy the weather in there off season lol
I am just very happy for Brian Hall. He is a super nice guy, and nobody works harder than he does. The time that he puts into preparing for a game amazes me. Congrats to him, his staff, and his players.
What's a powell county?
Can of Corn Wrote:That picture kind of reminds me of KCC transfer Matt Neace.

He will be a good addition to KCC next season the kid is pretty good
thegr81 Wrote:Already ate my crow! Have you ever made a mistake? And by the way who does Lee Co. play tonight?OOOppps

I have never said that another team has a 0 chance of winning! That is just ridiculous! Sounds like someone is mad!:lmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON

Hey ONB:

Stewart has been one of the problems with Lcc, his attitude is the worst of any kid I have seen in my 60 years, yes he may score points and rebound, but if I was the coach, he wouldnt have had a team to play on, win or lose after the game lastnight he was outside looking for one of powells fans so he could whip him, thats the kind of kid he is! Btw Logan Johnson is (was)the best player on that team !
OrangenowBlue Wrote:50 years?

Yes. Is that a problem?
Can of Corn Wrote:Yes. Is that a problem?

No! Just interesting. I love to gather historical basketball info from people who have witnessed games over that many years.
Football3030 I cant wait to watch Matt Neace play at KCC, and thanks for speaking up for him really appreciate it..
Most everyone is picking a Powell/Breathitt final soo have Knott/Buckhorn now became the underdogs??
cougars_2010 Wrote:Football3030 I cant wait to watch Matt Neace play at KCC, and thanks for speaking up for him really appreciate it..

I have never seen him play a real game except for shooting around but he looks like a real athlete then!