Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County 68 - Letcher Central 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final
thegr81 Wrote:powell has 0 chance of winning this game. If powell keeps it close it will be because hammons slows the game to a crawl and powell hits alot of 3's early. Coach hall will win the coaching battle but lcc will win the game-to much talent

lol
Wow. Shocker to me. Congrats to Powell County!
Congrats Powell County!! A lot of people counted them out. Do you have any stats SK?
Complete domination by the Pirates
Jungle Recon Wrote:Congrats Powell County!! A lot of people counted them out. Do you have any stats SK?

Powell Co. 68
Letcher Co. Central 57

Letcher Co. Central 7 14 17 19 57
Powell Co. 17 16 17 18 68

14th Region at Knott Co. Central

Letcher Co. Central (19-14) -- Stewart 16, Johnson 14, Ballou 12, Whitaker 12, Gregory 2.

Powell Co. (20-12) -- Dennis 16, Conner 12, Pelfrey 11, B. Goodwin 10, R. Goodwin 5, Monnett 5, Marcum 9.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
What will $95,000 buy you? A first round exit to PoCo. Time for a coaching change in Ermine...
Strikeout King Wrote:Complete domination by the Pirates

Pretty easy to dominate a team with 40 turnovers..Riverside could have prolly won to
Congrats Pirates!
football3030 Wrote:Pretty easy to dominate a team with 40 turnovers..Riverside could have prolly won to

What hurt Letcher Central was the defense that Powell came out with forcing them to turn the ball over and Powell scored I think 16 points off 16 Turnovers in the 1st Half

I do believe the Technical Foul that Coach Hammonds took was to try and get his team fired up
I kept stats through out the game and I think the ones previously posted may be incorrect.

Powell Co. 17 16 17 18 68
Letcher Central 7 14 17 19 57

14th Region at Knott Co. Central

Powell Co.(20-12) Dennis 16, Conner 12, B. Goodwin 11, Pelfrey 11, Marcum 9, R. Goodwin 5, Monnett 4.

Letcher Co. Central(19-14) Stewart 16, Johnson 14, Ballou 12,Whitaker 7, Robinson 6, Gregory 2.
football3030 Wrote:Pretty easy to dominate a team with 40 turnovers..Riverside could have prolly won to

Powell County's pressure defense is what caused the majority of those turnovers! The way Powell Co played tonight, I don't think there are too many that could have beat them tonight! :redboxer:
I can't wait to see what thegr81 has too say about this game considering he stated that Powell County had 0 chance of winning this game!
Congrats to Coach Hall...

Have we seen the last of Coach Hammonds at LCC?
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Powell County's pressure defense is what caused the majority of those turnovers! The way Powell Co played tonight, I don't think there are too many that could have beat them tonight! :redboxer:

If Powell plays like they did tonight, Buckhorn will beat them twenty. They played way better then LCC and deserved the win but do not confuse that with good basketball or good defense. Good luck to the Pirates, they deserved the win. LCC was horrrible.
Letcher returned 4 of 5 starters (Roark graduated) from last year's team that took Perry Central to the brink of elimination in the regional semis. I think Powell returned most or all of their players from last year. What is so surprising is LCC beat this team 79-55 last season.
ekff Wrote:Congrats to Coach Hall...

Probably. 0 District Titles since he's been there. 2 Regional Tournament Appearances and only 1 Regional Semi-Final Appearance
Along with a lot, I have not seen Powell and did not think they would win this game but after tonight I see they are not a bad team at all. Congrats to Powell on a big win tonight.
ekff Wrote:Congrats to Coach Hall...

We can only hope, for the sake of the kids that are still there!!!!
Hammonds has run the Letcher Central basketball program into the ground. I bet he looks over at his wife in bed tonight and wonders where Jarrod Polson was when he needed him most.

No chance lol
I had Letcher in the finals lol
Bracket is busted but the District winner moves on in convincing fashion.
I don't know if Powell can play with The Horn...
but we'll definitely find out soon
The worst thing for Powell that happened was Wolfe County gave Buckhorn a wakeup call. They will be more wary of their opponent going into Monday nights game.
Powell can beat buckhorn if they play like they did tonight. Wolfe almost beat them tonight an powell already beat wolfe two times convincingly. Buckhorn is a one man show let day get his 30 or 40 an focus on the others. From what i saw tonight powell has just a good a chance to beat the almighty matt day or i mean buckhorn like they did lcc tonight. Congrats pirates cant wait til monday
Maybe Coach Hammons can catch a ride with Coach Rhodes as they depart Eastern KY lol!!!
Powell pressure defense Letcher couldn't handle.

Put a fork in Hammonds, he is done.
Not starting a rumor or anything but IF Letcher Central and Hammonds do part ways this is going to be a big deal.. All coaches in Eastern Kentucky will be thinking about this job. I believe Letcher Central pays coaches 20%... Thats a big number... (May be wrong).. And plus its a big school with a lot of kids to choose from and work with.
Strikeout King Wrote:lol

I am happy that Powell made me eat crow.It proves what I already knew....Hammonds is a joke! What he has done to this talent and to this program is a tragedy. Not taking anything away from Powell I was so impressed with Coach Hall/ his game plan/ his players effort. I have been a cougar fan for a while now and am still a fan of the players but it pains me to watch them play.
Back to the subject Powell whipped LCC in every aspect of this game.
If Hammonds is not fired by the end of this work day I would be surprised. The point guard for LCC was horrible to though i bet he had ten turn overs in the first half and only two points for the game. Stewart stayed in foul trouble and so did Ballou, but dont worry coach our team looked great in warm ups with all the bull shi* dunks. I would betmy life the Cougars have a new coach next year.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I can't wait to see what thegr81 has too say about this game considering he stated that Powell County had 0 chance of winning this game!

Already ate my crow! Have you ever made a mistake? And by the way who does Lee Co. play tonight?OOOppps
Pages: 1 2 3