Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central-133 Cordia-49
Stardust Wrote:2/3/2012
Letcher Co. Central 133
Cordia 49
Cordia 5 10 18 16 49
Letcher Co. Central 33 41 26 33 133
Cordia (8-14) -- Mullins 4, Hudson 7, Owens 5, Thumbner 2, Tackett 6, A. Combs 19, Cox 2, D. Combs 3, Napier 1.
Letcher Co. Central (15-10) -- Johnson 7, Stewart 8, Ballou 34, Boggs 5, Gregory 10, Whitaker 14, Robinson 10, Kincer 6, Frazier 7, Sexton 7, M. Hall 3, Owens 4, Blair 6, H. Hall 6, Sokolowich 6.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy

Looks like that big 60 point win by kcc doesnt look so good now!!!! LOL
Wow.
I don't think Rhodes necessarily deserves to get treated like he does....
all I'm saying is what I just posted sums up what everyone around here thinks of him.

I want the kids at Cordia to succeed as much as anyone....
but Rhodes can't get thrown out of gyms and take his kids off the court with time on the clock and expect to catch any breaks when he rolls into a school with a middle school team.
football3030 Wrote:They looked good running the ball.. But i think Coach Hammonds went a little over bored playing the starters after halftime when they was up 60 but nice win Cougars.

Not sure why he didnt run with PCC??? OH, that game was over at halftime too.
thank you zaga not everybody is a idiot, at least there is two of us that can see what that moron is doing to cordia
Ouch!
calipari4prez Wrote:thank you zaga not everybody is a idiot, at least there is two of us that can see what that moron is doing to cordia

I'm just relaying the vibe I get from everyone around here.
The guy may mean well and he could be the nicest guy on the planet.

But he's simply not going to win over any hearts in the mountains by getting suspended and flying out to Cali on "NBA business"
Boys, if the stats recorded here are right, he played his varsity. Those are all names of the varsity boys that are left after the others quit or were kicked off the team. When KCC played Cordia at KCC, the Smith guy said they had lost 8 varsity players since KCC played Cordia at Cordia. The names listed here are the same names that played for Cordia at KCC that night.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm just relaying the vibe I get from everyone around here.
The guy may mean well and he could be the nicest guy on the planet.

But he's simply not going to win over any hearts in the mountains by getting suspended and flying out to Cali on "NBA business"

KIDS COME FIRST!!!!!! Thats the way it is!!! He had everyone believing that the NEW JESUS had arrived and everything was gonna be ok!!! I love rhodes and want him to do well too for Cordia's sake and for the kids. When you talk the talk PLEASE be able to back it up. Cordia is a program that will take some time to change and thats ok!! Dont make it out to be anything more!!!!
im a fan that was at the game and everyone wants to say letcher run the score but in all seriouness letcher was there to play a game same as cordia.... the letcher players cant help that the cordia coach was perhaps out coached. even if it was gameplan why loose by 85 why not keep it interesting. its not like they the sit all the varsity players to try and keep them a secret.. im almost positive that the letcher coaches know who mullins, owens, combs, hudson are and they know that they are all varsity players seems to me that cordias coach may need to do a little more scouting on Ballou, Stewart, Johnson. How can you loose by 85 when the same team just lost by 30 to Letcher the first game and beat a top in east ridge while coach was not there due to suspension and a personal trip to califonia. You get paid to coach and only coach not to teach like most coaches do.
ANEWPAT Wrote:Boys, if the stats recorded here are right, he played his varsity. Those are all names of the varsity boys that are left after the others quit or were kicked off the team. When KCC played Cordia at KCC, the Smith guy said they had lost 8 varsity players since KCC played Cordia at Cordia. The names listed here are the same names that played for Cordia at KCC that night.

L o L

I took "CoachRhodesFan" at his word.
Shouldn't have done it haha
Is that a school record for Letcher? This could also be a record for most points scored by a 14th region team.
Stardust Wrote:3rd or 4th option still means starter, correct? So, this was a reward to the Senior??? A reward to a Senior by presenting him the gift of a weak team??????

Don't get me wrong, this in no means is a knock on the player or the players feeding him the ball. There is only one person who dictates the game flow.

If I'm not mistaken Ballou set out all of the 4th, and about 6 min thru out the rest of the game....He had 18 or 20 at the end of the first quarter, and also the kid could average 25 to 30 a game if they would run the ball, Johnson could do the samething, but Lcc coach says they cant run the ball......guess thats why he gets the big bucks!!!!!!!!!
I heard Cordia had couple looks to win the game at the end but squandered their chances.
hs athletics fan Wrote:I heard Cordia had couple looks to win the game at the end but squandered their chances.

L o L
^Yeah they couldn't get a shot off before the buzzer
Wow, I thought for sure that Cordia would win this game.

/sarcasm
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dang...
I guess everybody forgot about Cordia pressing and running it up against Jackson City early in the season? And like me, Cordia fans were okay with that, but as I always say, as long as there is time on the clock, keep scoring. It wasnt LCC's job to stop scoring.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
People crack me up whining about teams running up the score.
They should have scored 200 if they could.
If you cant stop them, either get better or quit your basketball program.
Kids dont practice all week to get into a game score 4 points then let the jv play.

Congratulations LCC, next time put up 200.
Letcher County Central scored 74 first-half points on its way to a 133-49 throttling of Cordia. Senior forward Kendall Ballou led four players in double figures with 34 points for the host Cougars. He hit 15 of his 20 shots, and every player in a jersey for Letcher Central (15-10) scored at least three points. The Cougars' onslaught included a 41-point second quarter for a school record.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/02/03/20552...rylink=cpy
LCC Boys/Girls 236 - Cordia Boys/Girls 71
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I guess everybody forgot about Cordia pressing and running it up against Jackson City early in the season? And like me, Cordia fans were okay with that, but as I always say, as long as there is time on the clock, keep scoring. It wasnt LCC's job to stop scoring.

Id have to agree!!! You can be sure if Cordia could have beaten LCC by 30 or a 100, they would have!!!!!!!
Time to fire Rhodes
FIRST Wrote:Is that a school record for Letcher? This could also be a record for most points scored by a 14th region team.

I think Jackson City actually broke 200 back in the early 1990s in a game that made some state headlines.
vundy33 Wrote:Wow Baby Jesus! What a beatdown! Cordia sucks alot worse than I thought they would...

THEY BEAT YOUR TEAM....... DIDN"T THEY?:eyeroll:
FIRST Wrote:Is that a school record for Letcher? This could also be a record for most points scored by a 14th region team.

As someone posted earlier...

Jackson City defeated Woodbridge Academy 215-28...that's the single game state scoring record and it happened in 1992.

Matter of fact, Jackson City holds #1 and #2 in the same category thanks to a 180-72 win over Millersburg Academy also in 1992.

http://www.khsaa.org/Publications/Record...s/Team/RB/
There's no reason for ANY team to win by this many points. A coach can control that. If you got a beef with another coach or fans, it shouldn't be taken out on the kids trying to play the game. Looks like to me Rhodes is doing everything he can to get fired....and so far it ain't working. He's definitely in over his head and has created a lot of this turmoil for Cordia. Time for him to move on, quickly.
skiing-pt Wrote:I'm embarrassed to be from Letcher county. I've supported this program since the school started, but this is the most CLASSLESS thing I've seen in sports EVER!! I was at the game and the starters played through the third qtr and PRESSED. They pressed until the final horn.

All I can say is if your embarrassed....MOVE, and if thats the most "classless" thing you have seen in sports, you might need to watch more sports!!!!!!
^boom