Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 74 - East Ridge 66
Chris Hudson is at Cordia to play for Rodrick Rhodes. Rhodes is still the head coach of this team and has built them to this point, not Smith. The boys played as a team, which was not the case when the other Texas boys were here. A lot of this stemed from their father's interference with Coach Rhodes' instrctions. One more game and Rhodes is back!
You're not talking to the right people
ANEWPAT Wrote:Are you saying Rhodes did coach tonight? He should not have coached. He is serving a four game suspension. He should still have to sit out Fridays game against Powell Co.
Just because the "Coach" is not on the bench, does not mean that he is not running all the practices, shoot arounds, etc. to get the team ready for the game. He just can not be in the gym during the game. It's not like he is on a vacation away from the team. He did everything he needed to do to get the team prepared for the game and gives his assistant the game plan and he follows it. Yes he is doing a good job at following the game plan and may throw in a little of his expertise during the game, but this team is still being run by Coach Rhodes. They are just now learning how to play without the others that have left the team, and are improving every game. Hudson showed last night that he can play when he wants too, which should be every night. They are going to be a tough out in the All A if they continue to improve like they have. Nice win, good luck next week in the All A.:Thumbs:
EKYHoops Wrote:Just because the "Coach" is not on the bench, does not mean that he is not running all the practices, shoot arounds, etc. to get the team ready for the game. He just can not be in the gym during the game. It's not like he is on a vacation away from the team. He did everything he needed to do to get the team prepared for the game and gives his assistant the game plan and he follows it. Yes he is doing a good job at following the game plan and may throw in a little of his expertise during the game, but this team is still being run by Coach Rhodes. They are just now learning how to play without the others that have left the team, and are improving every game. Hudson showed last night that he can play when he wants too, which should be every night. They are going to be a tough out in the All A if they continue to improve like they have. Nice win, good luck next week in the All A.:Thumbs:

They are going to be a tough out in the All A if they continue to improve like they have = Buckhorn or Leslie Co. only beating them by 30 instead of 50!
ANEWPAT Wrote:WOW....and Rhodes is still suspended. I'd be firing him and hiring this guy that is filling in for him.

and, welcome back KHSAA12....you've been missing on here for a while :biggrin:

lol thanks anewpat. But i know your smarter then this comment. Its rhodes game plan on the floor, coach smith does do an excellent job at running it but its still rhodes calling the shots. Talk to a majority of the boys after the game and they each said that their finally finding out who they are as a whole, and each one also said the team runs better and smoother without davidson and sumner there. Chris is finally playing the way we all knew he could.
EKYHoops Wrote:Just because the "Coach" is not on the bench, does not mean that he is not running all the practices, shoot arounds, etc. to get the team ready for the game. He just can not be in the gym during the game. It's not like he is on a vacation away from the team. He did everything he needed to do to get the team prepared for the game and gives his assistant the game plan and he follows it. Yes he is doing a good job at following the game plan and may throw in a little of his expertise during the game, but this team is still being run by Coach Rhodes. They are just now learning how to play without the others that have left the team, and are improving every game. Hudson showed last night that he can play when he wants too, which should be every night. They are going to be a tough out in the All A if they continue to improve like they have. Nice win, good luck next week in the All A.:Thumbs:

First, Rhodes can't be in control of this team because he isn't even in control of himself. He is nothing more than a hot mess. After he sits out Friday night, he will have served a total of 6 games suspended. Then of course there was that one that he just decided to suspend himself from so that he could pick his girlfriend up at the airport. He lost his temper in one game and laid hands on a player from the other team. He fell out with the Williams guy that he brought with him from Texas and ended up firing him and sending him and his two sons back to Texas. The assistant coach said that 8 varsity players have quit in one month. All of this and we have only played one month of basketball.

And as for it being Rhodes' game plan and the assistant only implementing it, well, it doesn't do much good to have a game plan if you can't get the boys to follow through. And either this was Rhodes' first game plan of the whole year or this assistant coach is much better at getting the boys to execute.
KHSAA12 Wrote:lol thanks anewpat. But i know your smarter then this comment. Its rhodes game plan on the floor, coach smith does do an excellent job at running it but its still rhodes calling the shots. Talk to a majority of the boys after the game and they each said that their finally finding out who they are as a whole, and each one also said the team runs better and smoother without davidson and sumner there. Chris is finally playing the way we all knew he could.

Well, I wish the Lions all the luck in the world. But, I bet you that I end up being right about this coaching thing. It may take a few weeks but it will play itself out. I commented in a previous post after Rhodes first suspension when someone commented on his character that he will prove himself one way or the other by his actions. Within a couple weeks, he had fallen out with an assistant and fired him, skipped out on a game, and got himself another four game suspension. I have a feeling that this won't be his last suspension. But oh well, it will be interesting to watch.
^lol the post about rhodes leaving for his g/f at the tournament was a joke im assuming. She rode with rhodes and the team to the tournament. But talked to alice and rhodes both last night, and that bet wouldn't be to safe. No joke though, when you got the 100% inside scoop about the whole thing its funny to get on here and read what people assume is going to happen.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^lol the post about rhodes leaving for his g/f at the tournament was a joke im assuming. She rode with rhodes and the team to the tournament. But talked to alice and rhodes both last night, and that bet wouldn't be to safe. No joke though, when you got the 100% inside scoop about the whole thing its funny to get on here and read what people assume is going to happen.

Well, the thing about the girlfriend was posted on here by someone from Cordia and no one from Cordia got on here and denied it. But, lets say you are right and he did coach ever game he was not suspended. Does that excuse everything else? I am not sure who Alice is, but don't you think Rhodes "inside scoop" might be a little biased.
^ Alice Whitaker. Director of Cordia School.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^ Alice Whitaker. Director of Cordia School.

Oh....well then you have to be right because the director of Cordia School would definitely not be biased toward Cordia School in order to protect it's reputation now would she. Anyway, I am not getting drawn into another long back and forth with you like I did back before the season started. You will just have to forgive me for not automatically believing everything you put out about Rhodes and the Cordia team. I mean after all, your "100% scoop" ended up being bullsh*t before. We will see how it plays itself out. For those kids on Cordia's team, I hope I am wrong.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^ Alice Whitaker. Director of Cordia School.

Was ER's coach there or what? How did ER allow a team that was beaten submissively by KCC (60) to even stay in the game with them. I wish they would have played that poorly against SV, but I thought they looked good that night especially the second half.
lol not looking for an argument with u bro, nothing i said there should even remotely start one. im just sayin it is funny how people "think" they knows whats going on with a team and actually have no clue, I would be stupid to say i know all about pcc and how they got their nyc all star. For example the whole larry williams deal with rhodes. People can right it off "ohh rhodes felt threatened and wanted him gone" when in reality Williams had work to do around the time they left. Not many people knew Mr. Williams was an nba agent and had to report to two of his clients in atl. Think about it. The lockout ends and he splits and takes his kids. Not saying him and rhodes didnt have troubles cause they did, but theres ALOT more money in being an nba agent then a spanish high school teacher.
Gotta get up, dust yourself off and focus on the next one if you're the Warriors.
KHSAA12, your inside scoop is terrible. Are you telling me that Rhodes did not miss a game in Bracken Co.? Also are telling us that it was Mr. Williams choice to leave and that he was not fired and evicted by Alice Whitaker under Rhodes forceful hand?
Cougar Connection Wrote:Was ER's coach there or what? How did ER allow a team that was beaten submissively by KCC (60) to even stay in the game with them. I wish they would have played that poorly against SV, but I thought they looked good that night especially the second half.

He was there, he ran his mouth the whole game, everyone on Lotts Creek heard him. This was a different game because Chris Hudson actually got after it and showed what he really can do. He had about 34 pts and couldn't be stopped. I don't know if it was just the competition between him and the Canadians or what got him going, but he needs to play like that all the time and it will make Cordia a much better team and very fun to watch. I think there was 6 or 7 dunks last night combined by both teams. Pretty nice ones too.

On all this other stuff about Rhodes, I think people are getting on here talking about stuff they don't know anything about. They were having problems for a lot of reasons that people don't like to get on public boards and discuss, so people just speculate and get things way wrong. He got suspended the first couple games for "protecting his players", can't blame him for that. He got suspended the second time because they were out of the region and the group of refs called 12 T's on out of region teams that week for almost nothing. The problems they had with the "Stats Man/jr High coach", need not be discussed, no one on here has a clue what really went on. So people are making him sound like a mess when he is really not. The kids quit or got kicked off because they don't know how to act in public and they don't want to do their work the way everyone else was. Rhodes is a great guy and makes his kids work hard and do what they are supposed to or he disciplines them, and if they don't like it they quit. Leave the man alone and let him build his empire! :igiveup:
[quote=calipari4prez]KHSAA12, your inside scoop is terrible. Are you telling me that Rhodes did not miss a game in Bracken Co.? Also are telling us that it was Mr. Williams choice to leave and that he was not fired and evicted by Alice Whitaker under Rhodes forceful hand?[/Q

lmao Alright for one ,for you to call what im saying terrible you must then know something yourself besides all the bullshit on here. So lets hear it. What do you know about the whole situatuion?
mountain hoops guru Wrote:He was there, he ran his mouth the whole game, everyone on Lotts Creek heard him. This was a different game because Chris Hudson actually got after it and showed what he really can do. He had about 34 pts and couldn't be stopped. I don't know if it was just the competition between him and the Canadians or what got him going, but he needs to play like that all the time and it will make Cordia a much better team and very fun to watch. I think there was 6 or 7 dunks last night combined by both teams. Pretty nice ones too.

On all this other stuff about Rhodes, I think people are getting on here talking about stuff they don't know anything about. They were having problems for a lot of reasons that people don't like to get on public boards and discuss, so people just speculate and get things way wrong. He got suspended the first couple games for "protecting his players", can't blame him for that. He got suspended the second time because they were out of the region and the group of refs called 12 T's on out of region teams that week for almost nothing. The problems they had with the "Stats Man/jr High coach", need not be discussed, no one on here has a clue what really went on. So people are making him sound like a mess when he is really not. The kids quit or got kicked off because they don't know how to act in public and they don't want to do their work the way everyone else was. Rhodes is a great guy and makes his kids work hard and do what they are supposed to or he disciplines them, and if they don't like it they quit. Leave the man alone and let him build his empire! :igiveup:

Props to this post. Couldn't have said it better. Speculation about rhodes on here makes him look like hes the worst piece of s*** to ever hit hazard. But people think what they want to. No changing that.
I talked to some of the players and they were telling me he was not at a game for they very reason mentioned, I also know what happened to Mr. Williams.
then u know it wasnt cause rhodes sipmly didnt want him there. He couldn't get respect from the williams boys(which he didnt get cause larry was there) and thought it would help if willaims went ahead and delt with his obligations due to the lockout ending. But as you can see didn't set well with him. No one ran them off. The boys begged willaims to stay.
Everybody gets on here and try and make Rhodes look like the worse person on the planet. The guy loves the kids who are still playing and the ones who have left. He took this position to change lives. Talking to him, you learn he grew up in a very poor neighborhood. He said he wants to change the kids lives for the better. Just because they have a losing record, just because certain kids have left doesn't mean he hasn't done so. The man is doing the best that he can do, with what little resources he has, to help these kids and it's a shame folks post crap about the man. Why do you? Why do you not like the man?

The players who quit the team don't like him and that's fine. But the kids who have stayed love the man, and don't want to play for anybody else.

I want to say Congrats Coach Mitch Smith on a W.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Everybody gets on here and try and make Rhodes look like the worse person on the planet. The guy loves the kids who are still playing and the ones who have left. He took this position to change lives. Talking to him, you learn he grew up in a very poor neighborhood. He said he wants to change the kids lives for the better. Just because they have a losing record, just because certain kids have left doesn't mean he hasn't done so. The man is doing the best that he can do, with what little resources he has, to help these kids and it's a shame folks post crap about the man. Why do you? Why do you not like the man?

The players who quit the team don't like him and that's fine. But the kids who have stayed love the man, and don't want to play for anybody else.

I want to say Congrats Coach Mitch Smith on a W.

You know what good post but people like you made everyone say the stuff they say...

Talking Cordia and Rhodes up all off-season.... If you all didn't say anything no one would care about Cordia and say negative things...

You all ask for it...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
To get back on the main subject.....I still didn't see a 9 point win here....
ekff Wrote:You know what good post but people like you made everyone say the stuff they say...

Talking Cordia and Rhodes up all off-season.... If you all didn't say anything no one would care about Cordia and say negative things...

You all ask for it...

I totally agree. I was one of those who started all that and I was BAD wrong.

But a few people talk down on the man a tad bit to harsh in my book.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:To get back on the main subject.....I still didn't see a 9 point win here....

I have seen three different final scores from the game.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I have seen three different final scores from the game.

Me too lol......I've about gave up on the real score haha
Best win of the season for the Lions.
For some of you all to get on here and talk bad about this man, just shows what worthless pieces of trash you really are. This man has done nothing wrong. This 4 game suspension is all because he didn't know the rules, stood up after he got his 1st and walked to the scorers table to talk to the score keeper. That's all the guy did, and he is serving a 4 game suspension and you all are trying to make it sound like he comitted murder. And the only other time he got suspended he just took his team off the floor, not like this guy has been bad mouthing anyone or doing anything to anyone else. Let the man be because you all don't know anything.

I was told by Alice Whitaker that Rhodes had nothing to do with Williams boys and their father leaving, and when she says something like that it usually means its the truth coming from her.

As for this game Congrats to the Lions on the win, huge win. But just to set the record straight like a few have already posted, Rhodes is still running that team. He runs the practices and comes up with the game plan. And with the help of his assistant Mitch Smith their team puts that game plan to work.
I'm going out on a limb and saying that this was the first time two former UK players have ever coached against in each other. I read that Rhodes was suspended but still, his team.
KHSAA12 Wrote:lol not looking for an argument with u bro, nothing i said there should even remotely start one. im just sayin it is funny how people "think" they knows whats going on with a team and actually have no clue, I would be stupid to say i know all about pcc and how they got their nyc all star. For example the whole larry williams deal with rhodes. People can right it off "ohh rhodes felt threatened and wanted him gone" when in reality Williams had work to do around the time they left. Not many people knew Mr. Williams was an nba agent and had to report to two of his clients in atl. Think about it. The lockout ends and he splits and takes his kids. Not saying him and rhodes didnt have troubles cause they did, but theres ALOT more money in being an nba agent then a spanish high school teacher.

:wtf1: So Williams came to Cordia because he was an umemployed NBA agent looking for a job and the primary reason he left is because the strike ended. :insane: