Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 2012
bulldog4life Wrote:all i know is if short is calling the plays and caudill is back, i see maybe 3 wins at best next year. cecil can't mix business with friends (and favors for friends) in order to win games. Keep short on if need be but don't keep him as you OC just because your best friends. Caudill must go period! I want winning back in my hometown.

Also, whoever said LC will be good on defense bc of blake prince coming back is crazy. Good kid, went to school with him but come on he is so little, (yeah yeah big heart, no one outworks him, i get it) but if he is the best we have on defense or one of the top two on defense we are in trouble

F.N.L. Wrote:Lawrence had talent this year but tried to do way too much. They had no system that they stuck with. Wing t, I, I with a wing, trips, single back. When Lawrence lined up and ran the option, they were 10 times better than that wing T stuff. If they would have ran the belly full time with that big fullback and Goble, it's untelling how good they would have been. Goble is a belly dive back, not a jet sweep back. LC Qb would have been the perfect belly read qb, he was smart and would have got his reads and then smoked people with belly pass. Not saying LC was bad, because they weren't, but with the strong backs and smart qb they had, the belly would have been perfect. If you have hard running backs and a qb who can make the reads, It's hard for the defense to be right. LC had the ingrediants to have been 1 heck of a belly team.

You do realize that those are all formations of wing t offenses correct, and/or formations that Wing T concepts can be ran out of, right? Wing T doesn't just mean TE/Wing, Double Wing looks and everything within those.

Can we please get a requirement of passing a football iq test before posting on this site? Better yet, extend that to coming to games as well. I'm going to write a book one day of all the stories I've heard from parents and fans who have amusingly blessed my Friday nights in the stands who really don't know jack, much less football.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:You do realize that those are all formations of wing t offenses correct, and/or formations that Wing T concepts can be ran out of, right? Wing T doesn't just mean TE/Wing, Double Wing looks and everything within those.

Can we please get a requirement of passing a football iq test before posting on this site? Better yet, extend that to coming to games as well. I'm going to write a book one day of all the stories I've heard from parents and fans who have amusingly blessed my Friday nights in the stands who really don't know jack, much less football.

I agree but its one thing to have the "concept" or "threat" to run those out of the wing and its another thing to actually do it.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:You do realize that those are all formations of wing t offenses correct, and/or formations that Wing T concepts can be ran out of, right? Wing T doesn't just mean TE/Wing, Double Wing looks and everything within those.

I do know that going to the "I" formation and running the triple option is not "Wing T". Also going to a single back formation and running "Belly" is not "Wing T". Now to clarify, Yes there is a Wing T belly play that Lawrence did run "but" when they went to the single back look, they ran "the belly", qb either gave it or pulled it(which is not wing t belly). Lawrence ran the wing t belly play off jet sweep motion.(which was jet motion across, TE turned out on 9 tech., playside wing lead through the hole for the fb which=wing t belly) which is usually ran to the weak side off the jet sweep proximity fake hoping your outside linebacker will fly out of there respecting jet sweep. As far as the IQ test, by you thinking the "I" formation and running the triple option is "all wing t adjustments" well it's a totally different formation and scheme. The Triple from the "I" is not wing t, not at all. Wing t is multiple formations, traditional Delaware( TE/WING, TB offset from FB, split away) or red, blue formations, or 2 wings( TE/WING and Wing, split away) the list goes on and on. Wing T can be multiple formations but at the end of the day it's the same plays( just trying to formation you to usually see what your defensive end is doing to the adjustment) No matter which of the many formations you use from the wing t, it's still Buck, Trap, Waggle, Down, Criss-Cross trap(counter), Belly( which for the IQ test, not "Belly read", Wing T belly) and Jet sweep. Not to mention when LC went to the "I wing" it was not wing t at all what they did from it. Now if you took the IQ test and on the question that asked, "Is the I formation and running the triple option a part of the wing t scheme?" I hate to tell you, you got that one wrong. All I stated was LC would have been 1 heck of a Belly team with the talent they had. I didn't say they were a bad football team, I said they could have been a very good football team running the "TRUE BELLY" with the type of backs they had. They would have been a very good triple option team, smart qb, hard running, strong fullback. The type of backs they had IMO were not wing t/jet sweep backs. LC had backs that they could have lined up and ran over you, a qb who would have made the right reads, and they were big enough to control the football and control the clock, keeping other teams' offenses off the field. LC did run the wing t, but they got out of it alot as well. For IQ testing reference="The Delaware Wing T" by Tubby Raymond and if you read it, you will see there is no chapter on transforming the wing t into an "I" formation and running the triple option.
Big, smart qb, Strong, big fb, hard running, strong tb in Goble, an all state offensive tackle=If LC ran the Belly, they could have won 8 possibly 9 games IMO. With that, I passed the IQ test. By doing that, they would have controlled the clock on Pike Central and Perry Central, keeping their offenses off the field. LC had the size and backs to short yardage these type spread teams all night, which would have kept the clock and the chains moving, keeping Boggs(Pike Central) standing on the sideline while LC controlled the tempo of the game.(and the clock) An offense like that can be your best defense. LC's big fullback ran all over Perry Central. If LC would have ran the Belly( True Belly) they would have controlled the tempo of the game keeping PCC's offense standing on the sideline while LC ran over them and ate the clock up. (keeping that spread attack-big play offense off the field). Look at what you had. A big, smart, veteran qb, a strong fb that could get 5 yards on any play, a strong, low to the ground, hard running tailback, a big tackle you could run behind all night long. LC could have lined up and ran over people, controlled the tempo of the game, ate the clock up( fullback dive, 2nd back belly, belly keep) keeping opponent's offenses off the field. Then 5 yards, 5 yards, 5 yards, then Belly pass would have been 6 points after defenses had to sell out to stop the run. Sometimes you have to look at what you got and use common sense.
F.N.L. Wrote:Big, smart qb, Strong, big fb, hard running, strong tb in Goble, an all state offensive tackle=If LC ran the Belly, they could have won 8 possibly 9 games IMO. With that, I passed the IQ test. By doing that, they would have controlled the clock on Pike Central and Perry Central, keeping their offenses off the field. LC had the size and backs to short yardage these type spread teams all night, which would have kept the clock and the chains moving, keeping Boggs(Pike Central) standing on the sideline while LC controlled the tempo of the game.(and the clock) An offense like that can be your best defense. LC's big fullback ran all over Perry Central. If LC would have ran the Belly( True Belly) they would have controlled the tempo of the game keeping PCC's offense standing on the sideline while LC ran over them and ate the clock up. (keeping that spread attack-big play offense off the field). Look at what you had. A big, smart, veteran qb, a strong fb that could get 5 yards on any play, a strong, low to the ground, hard running tailback, a big tackle you could run behind all night long. LC could have lined up and ran over people, controlled the tempo of the game, ate the clock up( fullback dive, 2nd back belly, belly keep) keeping opponent's offenses off the field. Then 5 yards, 5 yards, 5 yards, then Belly pass would have been 6 points after defenses had to sell out to stop the run. Sometimes you have to look at what you got and use common sense.

You sir are preaching to the choir and now have my total respect Smile Agree with every word from your last 2 posts. Very well done!:Thumbs:
TheUnderground Wrote:I think that may be Coach Bobby's last name, not sure. But I do know that coach bobby and coach Jew will not be back. They will be missed. Word is, the Middle School coaches may be coming up, Mike Woods and William Prince, both are very capable of contributing to the Program. There is alot of talented kids at LC, Cecil is gonna have to shake some trees and get them in the weight room, with Pike Central graduating most of their talent, Sheldon Clark and East ridge will be terrible, that leaves Belfry in District. We could have a solid year.

bobby felder,william prince, mike woods the bottom line is the offense of play calling "suck" it was a middle school play calling at best .that falls on the oc an the head coach
TheUnderground Wrote:Any thoughts as to what to expect From LC next year. Offensively and Defensively??
lets ask the players who they would like to coach them ,lets ask them what coaches they would like to return an not return. think about some coaches really just want to be seen ;some think they can coach some cant an some cant. LC lets poll the players an players family :what coaches do they want coaching the bulldogs
coach5050 Wrote:lets ask the players who they would like to coach them ,lets ask them what coaches they would like to return an not return. think about some coaches really just want to be seen ;some think they can coach some cant an some cant. LC lets poll the players an players family :what coaches do they want coaching the bulldogs
Never heard that concept before. Do you think this would get you the best coaches for your team? If it did it would be a miracle. A much better idea would be to form a comittee of the most knowledgeable football guys and let them make reccomendations. It is a a moot point because the Head Coach will be making those decisions. If this idea is carried out,it would be Historical.
I would guess a coach that agrees to run the fewest sprints would get the player vote.The next coach in line would be thecoach that promises everybody a spot.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Never heard that concept before. Do you think this would get you the best coaches for your team? If it did it would be a miracle. A much better idea would be to form a comittee of the most knowledgeable football guys and let them make reccomendations. It is a a moot point because the Head Coach will be making those decisions. If this idea is carried out,it would be Historical.
I would guess a coach that agrees to run the fewest sprints would get the player vote.The next coach in line would be thecoach that promises everybody a spot.
a comittee would be nice ; my point is LC should have beat jackson an raceland by 60 each ; morgan ,sheldon clark,east ridge by 50 an to get beat by p burgh an pike central. lets not sugar coat this at all the play calling "suck" the whole year how can kids compete with any teams when its dive dive trap dive suck suck suck:HitWall:
coach5050 Wrote:a comittee would be nice ; my point is LC should have beat jackson an raceland by 60 each ; morgan ,sheldon clark,east ridge by 50 an to get beat by p burgh an pike central. lets not sugar coat this at all the play calling "suck" the whole year how can kids compete with any teams when its dive dive trap dive suck suck suck:HitWall:
I totally understand where you are coming from,however I have always been skeptical of 60 pt. margin of victory by any team. My guess is that there were very few statewide last season by anybody. Raceland seemed to be a very good team despite there youth. I don't think Vince L.,Lou H, or Woody H.
could have taken the Dawgs to a 60 pt victory margin. I wish but that just won't happen. I wonder
when the last LC team beat somebody by 60.
Look for the Dawgs to get back on track next season.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Offensively should get back tailback Caleb Bentley and returning players Ricky Goble, Morgan O'brian and a few lineman. A junior will be at quarterback A.J. Cyrus athletic mobile quarterback..

Cyrus has alot more speed.:Thumbs:
Actually the Belly and Triple Option are all parts of the Wing T. As a matter of fact, the Belly Down series (often referred to as G Down or G) is a main cog of the traditional Wing T offense ( belly down, down option, etc.) and the true triple option has come on as an integral part of the Wing T.
F.N.L. Wrote:[/U]I do know that going to the "I" formation and running the triple option is not "Wing T". Also going to a single back formation and running "Belly" is not "Wing T". Now to clarify, Yes there is a Wing T belly play that Lawrence did run "but" when they went to the single back look, they ran "the belly", qb either gave it or pulled it(which is not wing t belly). Lawrence ran the wing t belly play off jet sweep motion.(which was jet motion across, TE turned out on 9 tech., playside wing lead through the hole for the fb which=wing t belly) which is usually ran to the weak side off the jet sweep proximity fake hoping your outside linebacker will fly out of there respecting jet sweep. As far as the IQ test, by you thinking the "I" formation and running the triple option is "all wing t adjustments" well it's a totally different formation and scheme. The Triple from the "I" is not wing t, not at all. Wing t is multiple formations, traditional Delaware( TE/WING, TB offset from FB, split away) or red, blue formations, or 2 wings( TE/WING and Wing, split away) the list goes on and on. Wing T can be multiple formations but at the end of the day it's the same plays( just trying to formation you to usually see what your defensive end is doing to the adjustment) No matter which of the many formations you use from the wing t, it's still Buck, Trap, Waggle, Down, Criss-Cross trap(counter), Belly( which for the IQ test, not "Belly read", Wing T belly) and Jet sweep. Not to mention when LC went to the "I wing" it was not wing t at all what they did from it. Now if you took the IQ test and on the question that asked, "Is the I formation and running the triple option a part of the wing t scheme?" I hate to tell you, you got that one wrong. All I stated was LC would have been 1 heck of a Belly team with the talent they had. I didn't say they were a bad football team, I said they could have been a very good football team running the "TRUE BELLY" with the type of backs they had. They would have been a very good triple option team, smart qb, hard running, strong fullback. The type of backs they had IMO were not wing t/jet sweep backs. LC had backs that they could have lined up and ran over you, a qb who would have made the right reads, and they were big enough to control the football and control the clock, keeping other teams' offenses off the field. LC did run the wing t, but they got out of it alot as well. For IQ testing reference="The Delaware Wing T" by Tubby Raymond and if you read it, you will see there is no chapter on transforming the wing t into an "I" formation and running the triple option.

Look at you. Speaking at a clinic soon? Also...didn't know that the Wing T ended with Tubby Raymond. From the looks of your post, it sounds like you found a good website that you found to make yourself look smart. So, while your at it, go look up the triple option out of the traditional wing t sets.